The good - We received a warm welcome and fresh cookies and when told we were celebrating my birthday, they moved us to a club level room (pretty slow day I am guessing as the parking lot wasnt' very full). Our room was in the North tower away from the pool area. The room had a king bed, couch (guessing it was a fold out, but never checked), coffee maker, hair dryer, nice sized flat screen and a decent desk with ethernet. The rooms was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. They had a working sauna, which I don't know the last time I've seen a hotel with one (although thoughtless people feel the need to etch profanity in the walls). We ended up ordering room service (little expensive, but it's room service, what do you expect) and the food was excellent.
The bad (hotels control)- The club was closed on Saturdays and didn't reopen until Sunday night. The pool area was very cold and the day we went down to use it the hot tub was getting drained and change in chemicals (wish they would do this when the pool is closed anyways as it seemed to be a process that didn't make a ton of noise anyways). The room service was delivered on a carried tray instead of a push style (would have been nice to wheel the tray in when my wife was sleeping instead of having to make room on a table for the delivery lady, which don't get me wrong, the food was good).
The bad (not under hotels control). We tried to use a service to order food before room service called FNS (legally Food-N-Stuff...has a creative substitute name for me now) which 45 minutes after ordering I received a phone call that they would be another hour and might not get the food made before the restaurants cut off time (the service just delivers from multiple restaurants), which was cancelled and they we ordered from room service. We came from the East on 494....avoid this like the plague. Thankfully we had traffic on our cell phones and took side streets, but we looked out and could see literally 10 miles of stopped traffic because part of the road was closed. I kid you not, we saved an hour of driving time by taking side streets.
Overall. I wanted to go into detail and this is definitely a place worth staying. The small things that I put as negatives about this hotel are so small that I can easily forget about them and be more than happy to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bloomington/Minneapolis South we put the human touch back into your travel experience. It all starts with the warm welcome of a chocolate chip cookie at check-in. Then the caring keeps coming with everything from luxurious comfort of our Sweet Dreams sleep experience, to our highly-trained staff members who are dedicated to anticipating your needs so your stay at our recently renovated Bloomington, MN hotel is the best it can be. Please join us in our new Crescent Kitchen restaurant and bar featuring over 16 microbrews on tap and over 84 whiskeys,scotch's bourbons. Come see us! We always have a cookie with your name on it ready and waiting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JackRabbit Systems, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South Hotel Bloomington
- Sheraton Bloomington
- Sheraton Minneapolis
- Bloomington Sheraton
- Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South MN, North America