Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7800 Normandale Blvd, Bloomington, MN 55439   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonor Points
Ranked #28 of 38 hotels in Bloomington
“Hmmm....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is for the folks who think hotels should only serve a small group of folks. As in only jetsetters, nope. This hotel is a definite convention type hotel. Room parties are normal at this one. As well seeing non-mundanes in non-mundane wear.

671 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Blairstown, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Everything about this hotel was good, except maybe the service in the room. We never had enough towels for our roommates, no one replaced the toiletries, and the dustruffle was just nasty. BUT the check in/check out was superb, and the cookie was a great touch. We had a lot of trouble with the room being too hot or too cold. As I was coming off of bronchitis, this was particularly problematic.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Lisa I, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Catherine S,
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your feedback and will definitely forward your comments on to our housekeeping and engineering departments. We use this information to train our staff and improve our performance and I thank you for sharing it!

We hope you are feeling better will have the cookies warm and ready for your next visit!

Bloominton, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I paid over 100$ a night for a room without free internet, which was promised, without a fridge, microwave, or coffee maker, which is advertised on their site. My reservation had been booked wrong, and after straightening that out, they over charged me by close to 100$. THe room was in terrible condition upon check in, hair and feathers were everywhere, and there were two broken bulbs in the room lamps.

Dear Skot,
It sounds like you had a disappointing stay and for that I am truly sorry. I am going to immediately share your comments with our Housekeeping and Front Desk so they can use your feedback for training purposes to improve our operation. If you would care to discuss your stay further or if you would like to give us another try please feel free to contact me directly.

Brooklyn Center, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel staff was exceptional in making my experience with my 2 kids wonderful. We enjoyed our time and the staff assisted with getting a crib for my 8 month old. Stay away from the restaruant. We received poor service and refused to go back for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Lisa I, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Todd M,
I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay but saddened to learn you were disappointed in the restaurant. I have shared your feedback with our team and we would really like to make this right for you. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Minneapolis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I visited the Double Tree for CONvergence, as always. I had the pleasure of getting a room in the North Tower this time, much larger and more spacious than in the tall tower. The rooms were very clean, the staff was very helpful. I did not eat at any of the restaurants this year, but they offered grilling on the patio, and it was wonderful!

Dear Michael M,
Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed your experience in our North Tower! I'm so glad you had the opportunity to visit our new patio and grill area complete with fire pits. We appreciate you staying with us every year and we look forward to seeing you at CONvergence 2014!

Until then,
Forest Lake, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

everything was nice but really no internet in the room...come on you got to be the only hotel in the world that does it...and when we try to pay for it only one person in the room can have it...I have traveled the world and never had to pay for internet in the room...if I had a choice why would I stay at your place when I can get internet free somewhere else...?

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Lisa I, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Andrew M,
I am so sorry to hear you were disappointed in our internet service. We do offer basic internet for free and I apologize if that was not communicated to you. Thank you for sharing your experience!

If your travels bring you back our way I hope that you decide to give us another try.

All the best,
Saint Paul, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Without this group of people our convention would never survive, they make it their mission to ensure things are right. The entire staff is helpful, responsive and great to work with. With a convention that literally runs 24 hours a day from start to finish over multiple days we really put these people to the test and they come through with flying colors. I would recommend this hotel to any large group wanting a great place to hold a convention.

Dear Linda P,

A great big Thank You for the wonderful comments!
We are looking forward to see you all again next year!

Live long and prosper!

Lisa Impagliazzo

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South? Share your experiences!