Had a horrid stay at this outdated hotel. It is undergoing renovations and the stuff that is done looks cheap and of low cost craftsmanship. Tiny rooms with old style bathrooms you can barley get into. You almost have to stand in the nasty shower to close the door. So bad, this place is not worth renovating and should be torn down. There are many other, nicer, cleaner, better places in the area. Check the pictures others posted for the filthy conditions. Mold! Dirt behind the windows. Nasty towels. Low ceilings. Dirty carpet. This would be a nice hotel in a 3rd world country but nasty by any stretch of the imagination. How this facility has obtained a 3 star rating by some sources is a disgrace to other places in the area. I am just happy this trip was just me and not my family! This place is on the same level as an old Motel 6, nasty Super 8 or a dirty Extended Stay America. It is NOT on the same level as Hyatt Place, Comfort Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Express or the others with a 2.5 - 3.0 star rating in the area. Yucky! Avoid! Run... This place is not fit for humans. Sleazy! Dated!
The only place this has going for it is the location. Minutes from the airport, in sight of IKEA and the Mall of America. Thus why it should be torn down, property sold to someone who would build a decent facility.
The telling thing is I read a review on TA that said the reviewer spent his wedding night at this hotel 40 years ago and loved it and still loves it. Don't think it has been cleaned since they were there 40 years ago! I am sure the bathrooms have the same fixtures from its original build.
I did use Priceline after doing much research on the area for a place to stay before a flight. I had low expectations but this place feel well below those expectations. If you use PL, beware in this area!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated, from its location in the heart of Bloomington, Minnesota, the Ramada is only two miles from the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport and across the street from Mall of America. For the convenience of our guests, we offer free shuttle service to and from the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport and Mall of America. The hotel also offers easy access to all major freeways, and a plethora of restaurants and shopping centers. Free High Speed Wireless Internet ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Groupon, Wyndham, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Ramada Bloomington Minneapolis Airport/Mall Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Mall Of America - Airport Hotel Bloomington
- Ramada Hotel Bloomington
- Ramada Bloomington Minneapolis Airport/Mall Area MN, North America
- Bloomington Ramada