“nice hotel close to MOA” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
big tex
“nice hotel close to MOA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I was here along with my team for 6 nights for an event we had at MOA. I was looking for the best value and proximity to the mall.

After a big snafu where a rep from Springhill Suites/ Customer Service raised their voice at me and basically yelled at me for something that Marriott Customer service had promised me (which I won't count in this review as it is for the hotel itself), everything went well with my stay at this hotel.

Pros:
The front desk was extremely helpful. We got checked in and found our corner room to be amazing and HUGE. The beds were comfortable. Everyone on my team was happy. We had 2 TVs in our huge room. We had a huge comfy king sized bed and a nice pull out sofa. I was happy that there was some sort of "partition" from the living room to the bedroom to help define the area.

When I was trying to print some items from the business center and found the computers painfully slow, the guy at the front desk was kind enough to let me us a computer inside that was faster. Again the staff was lovely.

The shuttle to MOA was a lifesaver and perfect. And the shuttle to the airport was great too.

They even provided some menus for places that delivered and we got some of the best pizza ever from Fat Lorenzos per their recommendation.

Free wifi and parking which alone saves me $10-$15 a person. That makes this hotel a great value in the area.

Cons:

The business center really wasn't a "center" actually as it was in the middle of the meeting area downstairs. That was a bit strange.

The breakfast area should have been planned better. As other reviewers have mentioned some of it was just not up to par to other Springhill Suites I have stayed at. It was a tiny area to be serving breakfast and that alone made the logistics difficult.

The whole point of our trip was for work so we weren't in the room a lot - the hotel is close to a major highway so you do hear some highway noise but we didn't mind it. Overall a nice hotel with a nice staff.

Everything was clean and up to my expectations.

Room Tip: the corner rooms are much bigger than the other ones. they do have a laundry mat so you can plan...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
LIncoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Very modern decorating and roomy. Two TVs, nice coffee bar, and LOTS of plugs and big desk for the family iPods, iTouches, iPads, etc. Nice breakfast lobby and the basics in the fitness center. Absolutely excellent shuttle service and friendly drivers who will drop you off at any place reasonably near the mall. Could not hear any airplanes. The only drawbacks: short on counter space in the bathroom, and the front parking lot is hidden by a warehouse building making it tricky to get into.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
El Dorado Hills, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Good clean hotel in a good location. They talk of their hot breakfast. Only two items r hot, gravy/biscuits and waffles. One of the poorest breakfast at a Springhills i have stayed at and i am a Platinum member of Marriott. They could do much better offering just a couple of other items (eggs??!).

• Stayed September 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stayed here the night before a flight out of MSP. From my room, I could see airplanes being maintaned, so it goes without saying that it is close to the airport.

Getting to and from the hotel was a breeze. Right off the highway on a little side road. Mall of America was a few blocks away and they had a free shuttle if you wanted to catch a ride. They had signs for underground parking for an extra $10. If you have not experenced MN jacket weather, then you might be better off to pay it and park inside. :)

My room was not available so they upgraded me to a corner suite (330 i think). It was great. I really liked the colors used in this hotel. They got away from the aqua marine colors and gave it a more rustic color scheme. Huge bathroom. Separate rooms for a living room and bed room. The only unusual thing was that the TV was not visable from the desk. Not a big deal but if you like that kind of thing, then this room will not be for you. The bed was a giant pillowtop which was super comfy. It was not a big bedroom but it was cozy and user friendly.

They have a great little gym with lots of equipment. Not your standard fare at a SHS. Nice indoor pool, albeit tiny.

Breakfast left a little to be desired, but it was a freebie. They have a bar in the lobby that serves appetizers. Nice that it is there, but the limited menu is disappointing.

I will stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Corner room was great! North side is facing the highway, but I could not hear a thing.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel on a 3-day trip to Minneapolis. The hotel is located very conveniently to the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. The travel time from the airport to hotel by car was about 10-minutes. Equally, the hotel is very convenient for access to the Mall of America. Again, the total travel time by car from hotel to Mall of America was 10-minutes at most.

The front-desk staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. The room was very clean, well appointed and still had the new carpet smell.

All in all our stay was wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room away from the elevators unless you have children.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have stayed at this property nearly since it opened as a Cambria Suites. Staff is terrific, rates are fair, rooms are wonderful and it's close to nearly everything in the Twin Cities.

My family and I stayed there for a wedding in Sept. 2010 and found it to be welcoming and just an excellent property. One of the few where I think you get more than you pay for some of the time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I travel alot. High end, low end hotels, most hotels fall into "this is nice, but....".

This is not a "but" Hotel.
The rooms are set up as suites. Little living room, nice bedroom, standard furniture, (remember how much you're going to pay for this room, the price is not like that Napa Valley room I just booked :(........) and that's when the average stuff ends.
Wonderful beds, pillows, wonderfully comfortable. You walk into the bathroom, and you can not find anything thats out of order. Even the towels are at an angle for you to grab easily when you get out of the shower.
And clean. Oh my, even the stairway' (which I always take to make me feel less guilty when I reach for that second muffin at the breakfast bar) was clean.
I don't want to leave....except my wife said "get over it honey...it's just a room".
I'd recommend this Hotel, just alittle bit, don't want it to fill up so I don't have a room next time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport? Share your experiences!