“Worst customer service I've ever encountered.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Bloomington by Mall of America

You added Radisson Hotel Bloomington by Mall of America to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Bloomington by Mall of America
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 E. American Blvd., Bloomington, MN 55425 (Formerly Grand Lodge & Waterpark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Prior Lake, Minnesota
“Worst customer service I've ever encountered.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

The plus: room was great, well thought out for waterpark hotel. Soundproofing excellent. Waterpark well worth the stay. The minus: customer service. From check in lines half a dozen people long to unanswered requests for additional linnens and pillows for all 6 of us to the snack bar forgetting to place our order twice. Simply appalling.

• Stayed January 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

The Radisson is the perfect hotel for everyone. Families will enjoy the waterpark and the sleeping rooms with one queen sized bed and two, yes TWO bunk beds. Business travelers will be pleased with the location and the airport shuttle, the comfortable beds and the quiet rooms. Shoppers will enjoy being so close to the MOA and IKEA. The food in the Split Rock Grille was excellent - please try the Lodge Burger you will not be disappointed!

atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

Grandma arrived with 9yr old grandaughter and 13yr old grandson to complete mayham in the lobby. Just a ton of people and groups checking in, of course no organized lines or a bell man or bell stand in sight. Went floor to floor to find a bell stand so I could retrive the kids and luggage from the car which was running at the front door. They have some kind of VIP parking for $$$ by the front door where checkin parking should be so it was a bit confusing as to how to proceed. Left the kids in the lobby with the winter wind blowing in as they have 2 giant entrances with sliding glass doors? what part of frozen minnesota do they not consider when building? Went to park the car and returned to the kids and the long wait to checkin. No information or help with questions from the front desk and off to the room we went.
Nice large room with king, sofa bed and 2 bunks built into the wall. Nice clean room. The kids went to the less than great water park and were back within 2 hours, a little expensive for just two hours, they had already been told the 100 machines in the game room were off limits.
Had dinner the next night, nothing special, wish we had ordered take out pizza. We were up early with the shoveling of the restaurant front door right above our room on the second floor at 8am and at 830 the construction noise started in the lobby. Not a great guest experience and could have stayed at any number of nearby hotels. There is no public space in which to sit and the water park has hard benches outside their window if you want to see the kids, not really comfortable at all. The hotels big draw is the water park and it's not much, just a wannabe water park in the the middle of winter. Lots of local familys bringing in lots of food and beverages and the majority of kids just running everywhere and waiting to take the elevators and play. mentioned to front desk that the shoveling was disruptive but she just looked at me. paid my bill and left. UFF"DA would describe my visit. Grandma

Northfield, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel and had enjoyed it in previous years. However, this stay was terrible. Something has happened since then. I made a reservation for a standard room for 4 people, which on their website says perfect for a family of 4. However, after standing at the front desk to check in, the desk person finally said after 10 minutes, can I help you? I told her, of course you can, I just stand here at the front desk with my 3 year old just to hang out. By that time, my 3 year old needed to go to the bathroom, and she said I could wait another 2 minutes. I told her no, 3 year olds can't wait for 2 minutes after already waiting 10. Finally, we got our room key, only to find they placed us in a room with only a king bed. Where were the kids supposed to sleep? I called to the front desk and they said that the was the room I booked, ha-the internet said the standard rooms also had a sofa and the ones by the waterpark also had bunks., which I had requested on my reservation. They rudely said they would upgrade me, no apologies whatsoever. Finally, we got into our room and we went to adjust the thermostat, if promptly fell off. The TV control didn't work either. Trying to call to the front desk took 20 rings, and numerous tries to boot. After sometime someone came to fix it. Then the next day, we unfortunately stayed for 2 nights so we could go to the waterpark and not use their horrible, disgusting changing rooms, no one ever came to refresh our room despite putting the sign out to do so. We had 2 hours for do not disturb from 1-330 pm while our kids napped. You would think someone would find 5 minutes to do it the rest of the day. Don't believe their website when it says, satisfaction guaranteed or your stay is free. Not once was it even mentioned or were we offered a discount for our inconveniences and terrible custormer service provided. We complained numerous times to the "supervisor" and even wrote about it in a survey they sent to us. You would think in this economy with so many people unemployed they could hire employees and managers who actually knew anything about customer service. The only they are good for is a changing room for the waterpark, and a lowly hotel service at that. NEVER AGAIN when there is a Marriott next door.

St. Paul, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

We checked in for one night over the MLK holiday weekend. The line to check in was really long, but the desk staff was very efficient, and very friendly. We have a king bed with bunk beds, and a sleeper sofa. The room was very clean, and spacious, very nice for the deal we got online. We ordered pizza from the hotel for dinner, and it was hot and very good. We could have paid less elsewhere, but it was good, and convienient.

The waterpark is the big dissapointment. We spent over $50 to spend just a few hours in the park...it was just not that big. After just 2 hours my 9 year old was ready to come hang out in the room...

The only other complaint is the price of food...the hotel is really nice, but I would suggest that you bring in breakfast, snacks and drinks from the outside.

Cedar Falls, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I booked this hotel through a separate online site and got a great deal on this hotel. I chose the location due to the easy access from the interstate. It is also a very short drive from Mall of America.The hotel appears to be rather new. A beautiful facility. There is a water park inside, but it was closed down for upgrades. That did not bother me though, I did not plan on swimming anyway. It had a workout facility that was probably one of the largest hotel exercise rooms I had ever been in. The workout room was very modern, with lots of options for exercising and weight lifting. The room was well stocked with towels, and even water bottles.The restaurant in the hotel was good, but perhaps a little pricey. Again I expected so given the hotel I was staying in. There was a Football game going on that night, and the hotel bar was packed, so I could not get in. The only thing that I did not like was that I could not get the game on in my room. Instead I took the opportunity to go to the workout room and exercise.

The few negatives that I can come up with is that you have to park a little farther away from the hotel. Any spots close to the doors are reserved spots. The only way into the hotel is through the front lobby, so you cannot park your car near a side entrance and enter with your key card. Though I suppose It is a good security measure. The hotel appeared to be almost spotless, though the mini refrigerator in my room appeared to be a bit damaged, however it still worked.

The hotel staff was very professional and courteous. The room itself was clean, and fairly large. It was designed for families one king bed, but also had bunk beds built into the wall with curtains to hide them away. The room had earth tone colors, but used a bit more contemporary furniture and lighting. It all made for a nicely designed and decorated room. The many good things about this hotel definitely outweigh the few negative things.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Willmar, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

I stayed at the hotel and left my car like I do often. When returning to get my car the battery was completely dead. Parked in the garage I could not call Triple A. Joseph Cortelli and Chandler (the shuttle driver) Went out of their way to help me with the situation. although the hotel policy is to not help start cars for people because of luiablity reasons, they did everything they could to help me find the people and tools needed to get me on the road. Thank yiou so much!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Hotel Bloomington by Mall of America? Share your experiences!