“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Bloomington by Mall of America

You added Radisson Hotel Bloomington by Mall of America to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Bloomington by Mall of America
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 E. American Blvd., Bloomington, MN 55425 (Formerly Grand Lodge & Waterpark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for our family reunion on the weekend of July 9th. The hotel was perfect for us because it was very family friendly. Our kids ranged in age from toddler, tween, and teenager and everyone had something to do. The rooms were nice and clean, and the beds were comfortable. They had enough cabinetry in the room for you to bring along snacks or soda. I would highly recommend bringing your own because the soda inside the vending machines cost about $2.00. We had the room with four bunk beds and a queen. There was a partitioned wall that separated the queen bed and living room area from the kids space. They even had there own dresser. It was especially nice to have the balcony facing the water park so that I could watch the kids play if I didn't want to join them. The children loved both the arcade and water park and although I felt it was too pricey for an 18 month old, he still enjoyed himself in the little kids play area. You can also get a discount if you are with a large group or have triple A. The hotel also provides an hourly shuttle service to the Mall of America. We reserved the River Birch room for both our breakfast and evening banquet and the service was great! The room could comfortably sit about 60 people. I would highly recommend Paulo! He had exceptional customer service skills! He made sure that all of our guest were happy. The chef that prepared the meals even provided gluten free meals for one of our guests and didn't seem the least bit inconvenienced. The food was hot and delicious. Overall our family was impressed with the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. It was a great weekend get-a-way!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
st. paulint Paul, Minnesota, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

we were there for our family reunion that weekend and every thing from the beginning to end was amazing, from the people at the front desk to the server that served us for our morning breakfast to our evening banquet. his name was paulo and he was so accomadating to the guests, he mannerism was so refreshing, he made sure that all our guest were satisfied. his untiring service was phenominal. The food was delicious it was always hot and fresh. they even provided gluten free meals for one of our guest.
We had a wonderful experience at this hotel including the rooms which were very clean.
Our guests were extremely impressed with their experience .even the children.

Elwood, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed here to be able to be in the water park at 9:00 as they don't let the general public in until 10:00. The rooms were nice but we didn't get a sleep number bed. I'm not sure it was worth what we spent on the room and I woke up with multiple red welts on my legs, I have no idea why. Also the wifi was totally unreliable the night we stayed, was slow and kept cutting in and out.

The water park was a compromise due to weather issues that kept us from going to the Wisconsin Dells. Not totally sure it was worth $20 a pop, but my daughter enjoyed herself and on a Tuesday there was never a long wait for a ride down a slide. Would hate to see the place on a weekend.

minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

I once stayed at the water park with my friends. They had a balcony, while we didn't. The rooms weren't the best, although they had private bunk beds. I liked the family raft ride, although the line was 'a million miles long' and it took '3 days' before it was finally your turn. It is convenient, because I live about 20-25 minutes away. The Crow's/ Eagle's Nest landing pool was a decent 1 1/2 feet deep. The hot tubs were probably a good 3 feet deep. The majority of the lazy river was at its deepest, 3 feet. The deep end of the wave pool (the deepest spot in the park) was 5 feet deep. There was a nice wading pool that went from about 3 or 3 1/2 feet deep to 4 feet deep, adjacent to a 4-foot-deep rope pool. Another waterslide landing pool was 3 1/2 feet where the slides landed; then got shallower to 3 feet as it went into the lazy river. I liked the park, but I wouldn't brag about the rooms.

Stayed May 2009
Minot, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

My family and I wanted a vacation that the whole family would enjoy. We did some checking and found out that this is close to the mall of america and also had a water park. Plus all the other things the twin cities had to offer. When we checked in we were surprized to find out that we could get a room with a kingsize sleep number bed and bunkbeds for our two children. Plus the room also had a fridge and a microwave. Having young kids that worked out great. We did have one problem with the bed not working and I talked to Joseph Cortelli one of the managers there and the problem was fixed within hours. What a great guy. He even checked to make sure everything else during our 7 night stay was alright. He deserves a big pat on the back. I with all people were so nice. We all had a great time. We will come back again.

Cranberry Township PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

We had a room with two bunk beds and a king bed. The room was clean and perfect for our family of 5. The waterpark is not included in room prices. With kids, it is impossible to stay at this hotel without using the waterpark. It would be nice if hotel guest were given a significant discount (or how about make it free??) on waterpark admission. The park was clean and fun for our kids. Great location for MOA and just about any event in the Twin Cities as it is located near several main highways.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

My main piece of advice: after making your reservation, call Radisson to verify which configuration of room you'd like. We found this out the hard way upon check in our second stay.
Our first stay was for one night in room 322. This room configuration has a king bed, a sofa pull out bed and a set of bunk beds behind a curtain. It was pretty clean. It could have used a black out curtain, at least during the summer, when it stays light so late way up north. We paid $164 for this room and no breakfast--kind of cheap. We had some trouble getting help at the front desk: there was always a line of people there and not enough desk workers. We had also been very excited to go to the waterpark inside the hotel but found out that our "discounted" price for being hotel guests was $19.95 per person per day. And they had no other pool for guests to go to for free. Lame! We did get the Mall Of America coupon book promised to me online at this check in.

Our 2nd stay was about 3 nights later for 2 nights. Our original room was room 438, which had a king bed and a pull out loveseat--we've got TWO kids, so I thought we'd be getting a bunkbed like I had requested online. I immediately went back downstairs, stood in line, and was told by a gentleman behind the counter that all I had requested was a "standard room". He told me I should have called after I booked the reservation online at the Radisson website to make sure they reserved the correct room for me. He did change our room to 417, which had a queen bed and 2 sets of bunk beds. This room was not quite as clean: footprints on the window (how do you get footprints on the window?) The toilet needs some maintenance: broken handle and seat. They tried to charge us for someone else's bar tab upon check out, the soap dispensers in the men's bathroom in the lobby were broken, as were the toilets. We did not get our promised Mall of America coupon book at this stay.

In conclusion, this hotel is pretty family friendly. Just make sure you call them ahead of time to reserve the exact room configuration you'd like. Expect a wait at the desk for any reason. Don't expect a breakfast. Expect to shell out money for the waterpark.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Hotel Bloomington by Mall of America? Share your experiences!