“Sheets were dirty on the bunk beds.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Bloomington by Mall of America

You added Radisson Hotel Bloomington by Mall of America to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Bloomington by Mall of America
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 E. American Blvd., Bloomington, MN 55425 (Formerly Grand Lodge & Waterpark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
“Sheets were dirty on the bunk beds.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Our only complaints: sheets were dirty on bunk beds (they sent housekeeping to change), room dusty, queen bed is approximately 3" from the ground with a sink hole in the middle and you can hear all hallway noises (kids running and yelling).

• Stayed October 2013
Noah M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Bloomington by Mall of America, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your stay. I am very disappointed to see you didn’t have a pleasant experience, and I will be in contact with our housekeeping team regarding this issue. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best “Yes I Can!” service, but when this doesn’t happen it is not taken lightly.

Please feel free to contact me at nmindeman@radissonmallofamerica.com so we can discuss this situation further.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed at the Radisson 2 nights in September 2013. If you are planning to shop or dine at the Mall of America it's an easy 15 minute walk or you can catch the hotel's convenient shuttle to the mall. Rooms were good size, clean and comfy. Coffee shop in the lobby is convenient if you are catching breakfast on the run. Two people in our party went to the restaurant for breakfast and said the buffet was very good. If you like to stay in shape their fitness room is well equipped and has a great view overlooking the big water park.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and for the amazing review! We are all delighted to see that the both of you were able to fully enjoy all that our hotel has to offer. Your business is greatly valued and we hope you chose to stay with us again in the future!

Again, thanks for the positive feedback!
Rockton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have stayed here many times for business. This hotel has always been excellent in all areas. Rooms have always been clean, food has always been great. Hotel is updated. Great central location to St. Paul / Mnpls area. Very close to Mall of America if you are visiting with family. Never had a complaint when I stayed here. A little pricey because of the Waterpark during Spring Break and Summer Break, but otherwise competitive with the rest of the area. Not a con, but rather odd, the parking lot does not surround the hotel as is the case most of the time, but it is beside it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Noah M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Bloomington by Mall of America, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for a stellar review! We are alway thrilled to see our loyal guests enjoy our facilities each time they make a return visit. Your feedback and recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for your loyalty, and we all hope you choose to stay with us in the future!
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and 2 sons aged 9 and 12 years stayed at this property over the weekend to attend a convention and an NHL game. The hotel was literally a 5 minute walk to IKEA and slightly longer to MOA where we could not only shop but also access the Metro to get to the XCEL Energy centre for the game. We booked a low, promotional rate that was emailed to me which gave us a large room with Queen bed and 2 sets of bunk-beds, separated by a partition. The boys loved their own TV but were not particularly impressed with the mattresses on the bunks. I must admit, they were very hard, similar to sleeping on the floor. Our sleep in the Queen bed wasn't much better as the mattress, although much softer, had us both rolling into the centre. That said, the room was spacious and clean and featured a fridge and microwave, both of which were handy. The boys used the Waterpark, at an extra cost of $18.95 each, and enjoyed themselves. We had to take their word for it as we couldn't justify the cost of $13.00 each for a dry pass to access the area. Management might wish to consider offering hotel patrons a free pass to access the area to not only watch their children enjoy the facilities but also spend their money on food and drinks while waiting (instead, we purchased items from an outside vendor and enjoyed them in our room). We ordered wood-fired pizzas from the hotel restaurant, which were delicious, but passed on breakfast the second day from the Sleep Eye Cafe due to the cost ($3 for an apple when Ikea's big breakfast is $1.99, including coffee!).

Room Tip: If you want to save the $13.00 dry pass fare, book a pool-side room. You will have a balcony that a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Noah M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Bloomington by Mall of America, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience! We are thrilled that you were able to have a memorable experience at Water Park of America, as well as enjoy one of our famous wood-fire pizzas in Split Rock Grill. Your recommendations are greatly appreciated, and they help us monitor the quality of services provided.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to see you and your family returns soon!
Saanichton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My 13 year old and I stayed here on our trip to Minnesota in July. The hotel was really nice and the rooms were very big and nice. We had lots of luggage and hockey equipment and there was still lots of room to move around. We booked a king, because it was cheaper and the only room left, but ended up with 2 queens for the same price, so that was nice.
The hotel itself its very nice with a huge lobby and windows you can see the water park through.
Took the free shuttle to and from Mall of America. Runs every 1/2 hour or so, very nice.
My son went to the water park (I didn't go in because everyone has to pay to go in). I could watch a bit from the windows though.
I went to the hotel bar while he was in the pool, it was nice. I kinda got ignored by the bartender, even though he was giving good service to everyone else. Oh well, his loss (I'm a bartender too, and usually tip big).
We ordered room service that nice for dinner, we split an appy (green chili chicken crispitoes, yummy!) and a pizza. It was like $30, so about average cost for room service.
Overall nice place, would recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a great review! We are thrilled that you and your family were able to enjoy our hotel and water park, as well as utilize our complimentary shuttle to the Mall of America. I'm sorry to see there was an issue in the restaurant, but we greatly appreciate the review of your dining experience.

We appreciate the recommendation and hope to see you soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My new job set me up at this hotel for a week. My stay ends soon... Ann the hostess in the restaurant is amazing! The hotel is very nice. The first night at check in the young lady said even though my company had sent credit card info they needed to put a $100 hold on my account incase of any extra charges. I said I understood and that was fine. Went to room and for some reason decided to check my account and saw that she had charged my personal account $1500! Went back downstairs to get this taken care of and they seemed like oh whatever. Even the night manager was like it should drop off tonight but if not it will by tomorrow. No apology from anyone, which shocked me since I felt $1500 was huge. Next day it was still on my account so I called, manager of that day said she would take care of it and wow did she! It was off with in the hour. Other than that its a really great hotel. Still shocked that $1500 was no big deal and held on my account for almost 24 hours.

• Stayed September 2013
Noah M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Bloomington by Mall of America, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience and for great rating. We are all happy to see that Ann was very accommodating and you were able to enjoy our restaurant during your stay. I am sorry to see that there were some billing issues during your stay and that it took so long to get fixed. If you're still experience any issues, please feel free to contact me at nmindeman@radissonmallofamerica.com.

Thanks again for your visit and please consider us again in the future!
Florissant, Missouri, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The rooms here are huge and very nice. We got a package deal, or we would never have been able to afford one. The location is perfect if you have kids because it is attached to Water Park of America. It is also a few blocks from Mall of America. We had an issue with the restaurant, though. At breakfast, our server didn't come to the table once. Fortunately, it was a buffet. [They apologized for this very quickly in an email response to my complaint, however.] Not everyone at the restaurant was a poor server, though. The previous night for dinner, they catered to several needs we had over and above the usual service. If you can afford this place, don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Noah M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Bloomington by Mall of America, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thanks for such a great review and for sharing your experience! We are all thrilled to see that your whole family had a great time. Your recommendation is very much appreciated!

If you're in the area in the future, we hope you chose to stay with again!

Been to Radisson Hotel Bloomington by Mall of America? Share your experiences!