“Complete waste of money” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 4 Shopping in Bloomington
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
7 attraction reviews
“Complete waste of money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I should have gotten my first clue when they wouldn't even let me look inside until I agreed to purchase tickets. This "attraction" is separated into several small areas that you progress through after a set number of minutes have passed. The first area consists of a two foot tall slide and a log to climb on and some photo ops with character props. We sat down and looked at the time while we waited to move onto the next area. Once in the next area, we found a whack-a-mole type game that could have possibly been fun had it kept score, but it had no scoreboard at all. Same with the arcade style hoops. No score. My son and I whittled away at the time by challenging each other to see who could get more baskets before we got to move onto the next area. Relieved to be able to move on, we entered the movie area where we watched a few movie clips which were really just previews of the upcoming movie. I could have seen those for free on my TV at home. The final area was a completely barren space. We wondered what was going on until Sid came meandering out. The kids got the opportunity to take "professional" photos with Sid, which you could purchase around the corner in the gift shop for $15. Yeah, no thanks. And that was it. I honestly felt swindled by how great they made it sound at the door and how they refused to let me peek inside before committing to a purchase. They actually block the entrance so that you can't even get a glimpse inside. Had I been able to see it, I would have never paid nearly $20 for three of us to enter. There is no reason for anyone to go here, ever.

3 attraction reviews
“May be good for little kids- otherwise not worth the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Got a coupon for $3 off each kids ticket at Doc Popcorn in the mall. Not a whole lot to do here, would not recommend it. There are only 3 rooms of activities: room one has a replica of Cpn Guts boat, but I would it is mostly for toddlers. Very small kiddie slide in the boat. Also has a couple of computer monitors where you can add color to a picture from Ice Age, and a small plastic log you can crawl through. Room two contains two "wack a mole" games, a couple pop-a-shots, three carnival type games where you ring the bell at the top if you stomp hard enough, and several little tables where you can make a snow flake. The last room has a couple of scrat movies. Lastly you can meet Sid the Sloth. My younger one enjoyed it (4yrs), but really not worth the $$ for kids older than this. You could do the entire thing in 20mins.

Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Waste time and money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I traveled to the MOA with my wife and 2 1/2 yr old specifically for Camp Ice Age. Wow. To start it off they couldn't get the credit card machine to work and asked me to pay after I went through the camp. I was soo tempted to not pay. The whole time I was there I was thinking "I paid for this?"

You can read the other reviews, it was terrible.

Ham Lake, Minnesota
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I went with my 2 kids 2 and 4. They did have fun. But for $20 plus taxes it just was not worth the money. The employee did play with my son while I played with my daughter and was very nice. I felt very rushed and there was not much to do. The other reviews some up whats there's to do. They do take your picture but that would be another $10 plus depending on how many you want. Your money would be better spent somewhere else in the mall.

Visited June 2013
River Falls, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
“Terrible waste of money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The Scratch five minute movie is cute, but the rest can be done in two minutes. The games are too simple for anyone over six and you are herded through. Do not go.

Visited June 2013