“Very modern, new hotel by MSP airport and Mall of America” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Iowa
“Very modern, new hotel by MSP airport and Mall of America”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here for one night courtesy of Delta Airlines due to a missed flight. It is a beautiful, ultra modern hotel. It is close to the airport (still a $20 cab ride but they also have shuttle service) and is connected to the Mall of America. Everything was comfortable - beds, towels, cleanliness,etc. And all of the staff was helpful, friendly and professional.

I prefer to stay downtown when I'm in Minneapolis but if you needed a one night stay close to the airport or if you are going for a Mall of America trip - this place should be high on your list.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed 2 nights during a weekend trip with family. Used valet parking, which I wouldn't do again. The lot is close and convenient so I didn't feel it was necessary. The front desk staff was very nice and check-in was a breeze. We were not told that the room key was necessary to operate the elevator and that took some time to figure out, but it's a great concept since the hotel is open to the Mall of America.

I love the decor. It's modern and fun and most importantly, comfortable! The big problem is that there are a lot of big sacrifices for this modern decor. The bathroom is great looking. The recessed sink is as big as the counter. Looks cool, but where do I put my toiletry bag? There's not a single shelf in the bathroom. There's literally no place to put your bag. I had to put it in the big sink and take it out and put on the floor when I used the sink.

The shower - really cool looking. Open concept with shower head coming out of the ceiling. Problem is, no door on the shower and open concept leaves a messy floor and since there are no shelves to put anything, your clothes just got all wet! And as cool as the open concept looks, it makes for a bit of a chilly shower since you can't stand and let the water run on your back unless you hunch over since it's on the ceiling.

The beds were amazing. Rarely do I get the pleasure of staying in a hotel where I got as good of a nights sleep as I would have at home. The convenience of being attached to the Mall of America was worth the extra money, even though it did hurt the pocketbook more since you could come and unload as many times as you wanted.

I thought it would be the perfect place for a girls trip, however when we do girls trips, we love to sit in the hot tub and this hotel does not have one. That would likely be a deal breaker for us. Also, it's so much easier to have a vanity area outside the bathroom for girls trips, and given this hotel's lack of bathroom space AND no vanity, I don't think we would consider it. I would return more likely for a romantic trip though for sure. Or a family shopping trip.

ND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel was a perfect choice for us. We were in town for a long vacation weekend. After spending on day shopping at MOA and other locations and the next day at the Renissance Festival we were able to get back to the hotel and park the car for the night. With all the bar and restaurant options in the Mall we found plenty to do and could enjoy a a few drinks without being limited to only the hotel lounge.
Beds were comfy and there were plenty of outlets. if I had one criticism it would be that I personally like a larger bathroom counter. I couldn't just unpack all my toiletries because there wasn't space. I had to use them and put that away instead.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect if you're a shopper. The rooms were comfortable and the bar/lounge area had nice appetizers.
The hotel is great for singles and families with older children. Our youngest loves to swim and the pool was a disappointment. We also did not see a hot tub. Overall, it was adequate. For the cost, we expected more.
The walls between rooms did block out noise, but the door was not solid and we could hear TOO MUCH noise from the hallway. That was disappointing - we were awakened during the night by noise.

Jacksonville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Can't beat the Radisson Blu's location. This is the only hotel connected directly to the Mall of America. Free self parking is offered, with in and out privileges. There is a nice work out room, with towels and ear buds provided. The small pool is the only activity available for kids. This Radisson Blu isn't as nice as the one in Chicago, but still a very good hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ankeny, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I'm definitely on the fence with this one...consensus in the family is a 3.5...just not sure whether or not to round down or up. Lets review the good and the bad:

The Good:
1. Location - cannot be beat at all. Connected to MOA, nice FREE private parking
2. Decor - beautiful, contemporary and modern. Doesn't feel like you are staying in your grandpas hotel.
3. Front Desk Staff - I dealt with Abbie and Sumit. Both were very nice and accommodating. Since I am gold elite I got an upgrade to the business class floor which is highly recommended as you get access to the lounge which is very nice.
4. Rooms - also very modern and beautiful, the beds are VERY comfortable they are on the firm side though so if you don't like firm you won't like these beds. WARNING - bathrooms while beautiful are a bit weird....the shower has no door, the doors to the bathroom don't lock...takes a bit getting used to
5. Lounge - Beautiful lounge, they keep it clean and they have a Nespresso machine which my wife and I love!!! They serve breakfast and light dinner snacks. The food is standard as compared to Hilton/Hyatt but the cleanliness is exceptional.

The Bad:
1. We booked two rooms, and our second room was not ready till 4:30PM. How is this possible since check in is usually between 3 -4.
2. Service in the Lounge - as i mentioned they kept it very clean but some of their workers are a bit aggressive in their clean up. My kids and i were still eating when a gentleman came and took their food. His aggressiveness ruined an otherwise relaxing breakfast.
3. Valet Service - We pulled up in front of the hotel to check in and the valet was very aggressive even though we were just going to be a few minutes checking in. I understand the policy as they don't want guests blocking the entrance but he was way too aggressive.

Overall a very nice hotel that has a high level of class. I hope and wish they round out their service issues because that would take them to another level entirely. Their negatives didn't outweigh the positives but when I come back (and we will be back) if their service isn't up to par it will impact their rating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Watertown, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We enjoyed our stay so much, this place is amazing!!! Great ambiance, decor & service. Fire Lake Restaurant was unbelievable and Gregory was the best server ever!! He made our date night spectacular! I would definitely recommend their turkey pot pie & cobbler desert... More then satisfied!

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Radisson Blu Mall of America? Share your experiences!