“Our "go to" hotel in Twin Cities” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #21 of 38 hotels in Bloomington
“Our "go to" hotel in Twin Cities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is "our" hotel whenever we are staying in the Twin Cities. We have been here 5 or 6 times in the past year and a half and always enjoy our stay. Our rooms, for the most part, have been clean and comfortable, with the exception of our most recent stay. On that visit, we got a room that seemed a little more in need of updating. The carpet was stained in a few places and there were some wall scuffs. Overall, however, we have had great service and experiences here. We always enjoy the free breakfast buffet and swimming pool. The lobby is accomodating and comfy and the coffee is always on. The staff is friendly and welcoming as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason V, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write into TripAdvisor concerning your latest stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Bloomington West MN. We are so pleased to hear that you have been a valued guest with us several times in the past, and continue to return as a happy guest, receiving great service from our hotel staff. I will be posting this wonderful review on our back office wall for all of our staff members to see!

Again, thank you so very much for this review. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

242 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Pillager, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 3 times when I traveled outside of Minnesota and will continue to do so. Every single time I say I will come back because the beds are so comfortable, the service is excellent and for the overall cleaniness of the hotel. The first time I traveled with a girlfriend and it was in the middle of winter just after a storm. It was so warm and cozy that we didn't want to leave and we were going to Belize! That's how much we loved your hotel.

Room Tip: I have been satisfied with every room I stayed in.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Peggy,

Thank you so much for this outstanding review you submitted to TrivAdvisor detailing your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Bloomington West MN. This is such a great review! I really appreciate you taking the time to praise our hotel cleanliness and staff. We are so thrilled to hear that all of your stays have been pleasant ones – and that you have always slept well in our beds! Making sure that our guests enjoy a restful, comfortable night sleep is our primary goal - this is often hard to find when staying away from home. I hope you and your loved ones enjoyed your vacation to Belize! What a beautiful Country!

Peggy, I truly hope to see you again in the near future when your travels bring you back our way. Again, I truly appreciate you taking the time to write into TripAdvisor on our behalf. We will continue to strive for excellence to ensure comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable stays for you and your loved ones in the future.

Assistant General Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The hotel is in a great location. The staff is professional and friendly. The room was cozy. We will be back to stay at the hotel again. The breakfast area is large and nicely decorated. It is awesome that there are two pools and hot tubs which is highly unusual and pleasantly surprising. It is nice to have an exercise area as well. The hotel is also nicely decorated as well.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your hectic day to submit this review to TripAdvisor. We here at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson always strive to make the experience of each of our guests a positive one, as if they are a guest in our home. We are all so happy to hear that you will be back to stay with us again in the future, and that during your visit our staff was professional and friendly.

I will be posting this review on our back office wall for all of our hotel staff to see! It is so nice being able to post real reviews from our valued guests, so every one knows when a job is well done. Thank you again for writing into TripAdvisor, we truly hope to see you again in the near future when your travels bring you back our way.

Best Regards,

Walker, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this location, and I will for sure stay again. I used my gold points plus cash for the room and recieved a complimentary upgrade at check-in, which was awesome for Jason to do. He was super helpful and had a great sense of humor. He was dealing with alot of customers and some pretty big issues that night and seemed to handle them all without hesitation. We requested a pack and play at checkin, and found out later that they did not have one after all- so he compensated by adding some gold points to my account, which was above and beyond in my books seeing that we already recieved an upgrade! But what a smart move on his part and excellent customer service. Which is what I am all about staying at a hotel. I used to work for Carlson for 5 years and that is what I appreciate the most from their employees. The room was great, we got a studio suite with a very large sofa/livingroom area and the King bed which was somewhat separated by a half wall. It was plenty of space for 3 adults and two small children. The pool area was great, the little ones had so much fun! The bar/restuarante very easy to get to on the main floor and very appealing- although we didn't use their services. The idea of room service though is very nice. The breakfast was very good, although the room was very dirty and the most everything was running out or already out, no glasses, no yogurts or anything in the cold case. I felt bad for the lady running the room, seemed like she needed more help and could not keep up. The waffle station was pretty gross looking, didn't hold me back from having a waffle- they are delicious. The coffee was excellent too. I also had eggs, sausage, potatoes and a mini muffin all of which were good. Their selection of juice was also very nice, orange, apple and cranberry. Overall, very happy with their services and the staff was excellent. I will stay again, of course!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear RaeRav,

Wow, thank you so much for this amazing review on our staff and facility! Reviews like this just make my day! And truly makes all of our hard working staff appreciate what we do every day! I would again like to apologize for failing to find your little one a baby crib to sleep in. I did bring this up in our weekly Managers meeting; we now have a plan in place to ensure this does not happen again in the future. We strive to use all very important guest issues - such as this one as learning tools to tweak our service, and excel whenever possible.

I am so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade to our suite, and found it to be accommodating and comfortable for you and your loved ones. Nothing is more important to all of our staff here than making sure we all do our part to ensure our guest’s feel as if they are at their very own home.

Thank you again, for this well thought out, intelligent review detailing your recent stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Bloomington West MN. We all look forward to having you as one of our valued guest’s again in the future whenever your travels bring you back our way.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My biggest issue with this hotel was the room we were given. For a family of five we were given a two bedroom room, I can't say suite because it was painfully small. There was a couch for the extra person but they did not give us any sheets even though they knew it was five of us. LUCKILY I am very smart and brought my own. The room felt very outdated and dirty.

Breakfast in the morning was so crowded and as a mother of three trying to get food for everyone, it made it very stressful for me.

Pool was great!! Kids loved it! There was hardly anyone in it so big thumbs up for me.

We booked this by mistake as I meant to book the one by the mall.

Due to the uncomfortable vibe of the room, I wouldn't stay here again. And it has turned me off from all Country Inn and Suites.

Room Tip: Not good for a famiy of five if you end up with the dumpy room that we did.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for submitting this feedback on your recent stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Bloomington West MN.

At the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, we take so much pride in trying to offer outstanding service to help meet and exceed our guest’s expectations. We regret occasions such as this one, when we feel we have not lived up to our guests expectations. I have discussed the issues you experienced with our guest room and complimentary hot breakfast with our management team, and I assure you we are all working diligently to ensure similar situations do not occur again in the future. We do have a larger suite that I feel would be much more accommodating for your family of 5, it is our One Bedroom Suite, and offers enough space for a family of this size.

Again, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to submit this review, I do hope we will have another opportunity to serve you and your loved ones again in the future.

Marshfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I had stayed at the Country Inns & Suits in Blooming West both going and returning from an eyeglass mission to Nicaragua flying out of the international Minneapolis Lindberg Airport. On our return on Sunday night, Feb. 3rd, the hotel van driver "Dave" went above and beyond his regular duty by driving us to our car, cleaned the four inches of snow off my car plus scraped a 1/2 inch of ice from my wind shield and stayed by us until I was able to start my car after it had sat for two weeks in sub-zero temperatures. Now there's a great employee!

Room Tip: They are all good rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Annette,

Thank you so very much for this thoughtful review you submitted to TrivAdvisor in regards to your recent stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Bloomington West MN hotel.

I am absolutely thrilled to hear of Dave’s efforts in exceeding your expectations with the removal of snow and ice from your vehicle upon your return home from your eyeglass mission from Nicaragua. I will be sure to commend Dave on a job well done, and post this review on our back office wall for all of our staff to see. In addition I would like to mention, your recent eyeglass mission is rather inspiring to not only myself, but all of our staff here. After reading your review, I was interested and did research on exactly what an eyeglass mission was, and was blown away by the difference VOSH makes in the world! 5,000 patients a year with free spectacles, what an amazing difference an organization such as this one can make. Wow!

On behalf of all of our staff here at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Bloomington West, we truly do hope to see you again in the near future as one of our valued guest’s.

Stone Lake, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Always have had a wonderful time doing the park-n-fly here. And the breakfast is quite good and a good variety of food choices. Overall its a bit easier than driving to and parking at the airport. And if I'm right it was even cheaper than just parking at the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jay,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write into TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Bloomington West MN hotel.

We here at the Country Inn & Suites, Bloomington West are all so delighted to hear that your recent, and past experiences with our Park N Fly program have always been positive ones. This is always so nice to hear, as we enjoy being able to be a part of our guest’s vacation experiences. It is very important that prior to leaving for a vacation, every one is stress free, ready to enjoy wherever it is they are headed!

I will be sure to commend the staff here for work well done, and we truly hope to see you again in the future as one of our valued guests.

Best Wishes,

Assistant General Manager

Been to Country Inn & Suites Bloomington West? Share your experiences!