My sister and I checked into the Hilton Garden Inn, a hotel we've stayed at numerous times. As soon as we walked in, we were hit with the overwhelming smell of some sort of air freshener. I have allergies am sensitive to perfumes, so this was really not a good thing. We told management, so they were aware, but we were advised this was something new that was being implemented into their hotels as part of the changes being made. I must note that management on every shift was very kind and understanding. With the restaurant in the lobby (with a real fireplace and free Internet), and using my computer there, it got the point where I couldn't stand it anymore and removed three - count 'em three - Scented Oil Dispensers from the outlets to get some relief.
The room was nice with some amenities you don't always receive. There was a microwave and mini fridge for restaurant leftovers. They also have a nice business center and a workout room. However, I've noticed in my travels of late that most hotels have cut down on their in-room lighting. This room was no exception. It makes getting ready for the day a little more difficult.
Another amenity was a Sleep Number Bed which was nice for me. My sister had a malfunctioning bed which was flat on one side and high on the other, so she was on a slant all night. Since she has a bad back, she had difficulty sleeping both nights. Management put in a service call after the 1st night and a maintenance call was done, but the problem wasn't solved. To the management's credit, they compted one of the nights and thanked her for letting them know that it still needed attention.
We had breakfast in the lobby restaurant. This was a real plus for the hotel. Their full breakfast buffet is only $9.99 and includes made to order items like omelets and Belgian waffles. Regular buffet items include scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit and more. The servers are friendly and VERY attentive. The only down side to the restaurant was that it was in the smelly lobby.
Overall, I still give the hotel a 4 rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Bloomington hotel in Minnesota is centrally located at I-494 and Normandale Boulevard, just eight miles from the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP) and five miles from the world-famous Mall of America, featuring the Nickelodeon Universe theme park and American Girl. Stay in a spacious guest room or suite at this Bloomington, MN hotel and enjoy complimentary WiFi and all the comforts of home, including a large television and separate work desk. Swim in the hotel’s indoor pool or relax in the whirlpool. Maintain your exercise regimen in the fitness center with cardio machines and weights, or check out a Stay Fit Kit® from reception and work out in your room. Enjoy a delicious cooked-to-order breakfast every morning in The Garden Grille & Bar, or simply grab snacks, drinks and light meals from the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry®. Work away from the office in the business center, and hold meetings in the hotel’s 1,220 sq. ft. of flexible function space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis / Bloomington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington Hotel Bloomington
- Bloomington Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Bloomington
- Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis / Bloomington MN, North America