Every year we spend a long weekend in the Twin Cities and this is the second time we've stayed at the Hyatt Place. It is a quick, easy drive to the Mall of America and being on the east side (rather than the west) of the mall it is MUCH easier to get into the parking area and find parking. It offers a simple breakfast (toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt, muffins) and for a price you get order a hot breakfast. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. There is a half wall separating the beds from a sitting area with a pull-out sectional sofa, desk, and kitchenette (mini fridge & sink). The bathroom is tiny and dated but the vanity (located outside the bathroom) is large and nice. The beds are full (rather than queen) but comfortable. We enjoy the pull-out bed in the sectional so our kids do not have to share a bed. We always travel with friends so the seating area is ideal...we can have the kids fall asleep in the beds and visit quietly in the living area. There is also a large LCD tv you can watch from either the bedroom or the living area. The pool is nothing special and there is no hot tub. They offer a shuttle to the MOA but due to the convenient location we have never used it. Staff has always been helpful but I agree that there is not enough staff during the breakfast rush. It is often difficult to find a spot to eat and it seems they always run out of something during breakfast (once coffee, another time cereal bowls). I have not noticed noise from the freeway but it is near the airport and you can sometimes hear that.
The hotel is clean and well-maintained. We enjoy it and will stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining style and innovation, the Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport South located in Bloomington offers an array of services and features designed to meet the evolving needs of today's travelers. Featuring spacious guestrooms each with the Hyatt Grand Bed™ and a 42" flat panel HDTV. New Gallery Menu with mouthwatering options including our signature flatbreads, made to order snacks, entrees & much more available 24 hours/7 days a week. Complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet™, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, steel cut oatmeal, fresh cut fruit, and more is available daily in our Guest Kitchen. Intimate Bakery Café serves Starbucks® specialty coffees & teas, premium beers & wines. Grab 'n Go case offers new sandwiches & greens from our Gallery Menu and bottled beverages for moments on the run. Complimentary Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel24/7 e-room with complimentary computers and a printerComplimentary onsite parkingComplimentary transportation to and from the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport (MSP) and Mall of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South Hotel Bloomington
- Hyatt Place Bloomington
- Hyatt Bloomington
- Bloomington Hyatt
- Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South Bloomington, MN, North America