We stayed here originally booking the Hampton Inn. I have not yet seen any reviews on the new "AmericInn" so here goes. About two weeks ago this hotel switched from Hampton Inn to AmericInn. At first I was really confused because I received an email from AmericInn saying my Reservation had been created. At first I thought Hampton had bumped me because they were too full. Then the next day I got an email saying that the Hampton had changed to an AmericInn. Probably should do that the other way around... I then got another email saying my reservation was cancelled, then rebooked. It was all super confusing. But we got there and sure enough I have a reservation. Wooo! They did let us check in early. That was awesome. The rooms and hotel in general are a bit dated, basically not perfect. The Double rooms have Full size beds, not Queen. Not a huge deal. The bathroom was very small. If it were just the two of us it wouldn't have been that big of a deal but with any more it is very small. The rooms are average to small. We didn't have a problem fitting all of our things for the 4 day stay. The shuttle is very accommodating most of the time. The original front desk person was very helpful and said "As long as there is no other reservations you can take it at will" then a couple other times they were a little annoyed when we just walked down and asked for a ride. Also... the night shuttle driver was not happy to get a call at 3am. Haha. Sorry! I was slightly scared for my life during that drive. The breakfast in the morning was available between 6-10am. It was very standard extended continental. They did have a couple of hot items which is usually standard at Hamptons but I honestly do not think it was up to Hampton's standards. So I stuck with the traditional waffle iron. I did talk to a couple of the employees and they did state that the hotel changed ownership because they did not 'qualify' to be a Hampton Inn anymore as they had fallen below Hampton Standards. I am not overly picky so it doesn't bother me that much. And the employees were so incredibly nice and helpful that we never had a problem. I also loved the coffee with awesome creamers 24/7. That was nice. So overall, great trip, good hotel but there are some drawbacks. If you aren't super picky you shouldn't have a problem though. Also, no longer a Hampton Inn. Any reviews older than this one will be referring to the HAMPTON INN, not the AMERICINN.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AmericInn Bloomington West hotel is conveniently in the heart of Bloomington, near the Southdale Mall. We are located near several major Interstates including I-494, I-35W, and Highway 62/212. Our Bloomington hotel is just ten minutes from Minneapolis / St Paul International Airport and only five minutes from the Mall of America in a major business district close to many corporations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, AmericInn Hotels, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Bloomington (Airport Area) Hotel Bloomington
- Hampton Inn Bloomington
- Bloomington Hampton Inn
- AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West MN, North America