“Hotel in a great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West

Save Saved
You added AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West to your Saves list
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4201 American Blvd West ( W 80th), Bloomington, MN 55437 (Formerly Hampton Inn Minneapolis)   |
Ranked #27 of 38 hotels in Bloomington
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“Hotel in a great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here originally booking the Hampton Inn. I have not yet seen any reviews on the new "AmericInn" so here goes. About two weeks ago this hotel switched from Hampton Inn to AmericInn. At first I was really confused because I received an email from AmericInn saying my Reservation had been created. At first I thought Hampton had bumped me because they were too full. Then the next day I got an email saying that the Hampton had changed to an AmericInn. Probably should do that the other way around... I then got another email saying my reservation was cancelled, then rebooked. It was all super confusing. But we got there and sure enough I have a reservation. Wooo! They did let us check in early. That was awesome. The rooms and hotel in general are a bit dated, basically not perfect. The Double rooms have Full size beds, not Queen. Not a huge deal. The bathroom was very small. If it were just the two of us it wouldn't have been that big of a deal but with any more it is very small. The rooms are average to small. We didn't have a problem fitting all of our things for the 4 day stay. The shuttle is very accommodating most of the time. The original front desk person was very helpful and said "As long as there is no other reservations you can take it at will" then a couple other times they were a little annoyed when we just walked down and asked for a ride. Also... the night shuttle driver was not happy to get a call at 3am. Haha. Sorry! I was slightly scared for my life during that drive. The breakfast in the morning was available between 6-10am. It was very standard extended continental. They did have a couple of hot items which is usually standard at Hamptons but I honestly do not think it was up to Hampton's standards. So I stuck with the traditional waffle iron. I did talk to a couple of the employees and they did state that the hotel changed ownership because they did not 'qualify' to be a Hampton Inn anymore as they had fallen below Hampton Standards. I am not overly picky so it doesn't bother me that much. And the employees were so incredibly nice and helpful that we never had a problem. I also loved the coffee with awesome creamers 24/7. That was nice. So overall, great trip, good hotel but there are some drawbacks. If you aren't super picky you shouldn't have a problem though. Also, no longer a Hampton Inn. Any reviews older than this one will be referring to the HAMPTON INN, not the AMERICINN.

Room Tip: Higher level. Away from the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Wow! What a great review! Thank you so much dazyabby! We have many changes to come at this property. A pool and hot tub will be open by fall 2014!! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay here. Please come see us again!

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mission Hill, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I would recommend this hotel. they back what they same about 100% satisfied or money back. Help at this motel has always been friendly. The location is convenient with shuttle bus to the Mall of America. The area feels secure and it is a pretty good value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Myself and three other friends booked the Hampton inn with a fantastic rate on Hotwire for a girls weekend in Minneapolis. We stayed for three nights over a weekend for a rate of $180 total for the four of us.
The room was clean and quiet but on the smaller side for four girls and all their stuff. There was no pool in the hotel even though some descriptions say there is and no fridge or microwave in the rooms. There is a microwave in the breakfast area that guests can use. They also have complimentary coffee in the lobby at all times.
There isn't a lot to do in Bloomington for night life but we did discover coyote jack's close by and the hotel shuttle dropped us off and picked us up.
All the staff members we encountered were very friendly and offered great advice for things to do and places to eat. Shuttle drivers were very personable and knowledgable, we used the shuttle for our night out, going to mall of America and to go for dinner one night to Timber lodge (excellent recommendation of a midrange steak place by the shuttle driver).
Jim from the front desk went over and beyond for us. One day our friend wasn't feeling well due to the previous night's festivities and didn't come to MOA with us, Jim send us back to the room with bottles of water and vitamin water for her to make sure she kept hydrated. I would definitely recommend this hotel, great value for the money.

• Stayed June 2013
Ames, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I expect nothing but the best from Hampton in, and this site delivered flawlessly! The staff was amazingly friendly and helpful, and I slept like a baby on the comfy bed and fluffy pillows :) Even the complimentary toiletries were extra special; I've never stayed in a hotel that offered Q-tips! I just wish I'd been able to spend more than one night!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Hampton Inn/Minneapolis/Bloomington was an excellent experience. I arrived late, about 10 p.m. and was greeted with a huge smile and desk associate ready to help get me to my room. She could tell I was tired. The server at breakfast was very hospitable, even offering to switch the TV channel to the program of my choice. The room was very comfortable and totally quiet. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Bloomington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

It is a well kept, only bath tub drained slow. The room is very clean and well kept, The bed was made up well. The room has no refrigerator but the house keeper was nice and brought me one which meant a lot to mw.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Marshfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton the night before flying out to Califorinia. The young man at the desk that evening went out of his way with everything we may have needed. Super friendly staff and the free shuttle to the airport was great with pickup wait of only 10 minutes. Very good complimentary breakfast in the morning. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West? Share your experiences!