“Not for kids...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West

You added AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West to your Saves list
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4201 American Blvd West ( W 80th), Bloomington, MN 55437 (Formerly Hampton Inn Minneapolis)   |
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Albertville, Minnesota
“Not for kids...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Not a kid friendly hotel. Staff is nice. Hotel is clean. Very close to Walgreens, restaurants, etc. Not sure if misread google.. but I'm pretty sure it advertised a pool. I also over heard another guest assuming the same thing - so I wasn't alone. Good value for a clean room though. No snack machine - just over-priced soda...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. We are addressing our website to ensure that guests are properly informed of our hotel. We hope the next time you're in the area you would consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I recently was a guest at the Hampton for four nights while attending a professional conference at Northwestern Health Science University. I was extremely pleased with my experience at this hotel. The room was clean, pleasant, comfortable. The staff was EXTREMELY helpful and accomodating to my requests and those of my fellow conference attendees. I would happily return!

Woodbury, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This Hotel had a nice location and great Shuttle service. We were in town for a concert and they came and got us at 1:30am. The breakfast was also outstanding. Had eggs suages and all kinds of other stuff. Staff was very plesant and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ryan M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Jon,

Thank you for your kind words on your most recent stay at our hotel. I m glad that we were able to accomdate you after the concert and am glad to hear your stay was up to standard. We hope to see you again on your next trip through Bloomington!

Thanks,

Ryan M
duxbury MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I've been frequenting this hotel for many years and it always gives me a feeling of being at home. I like the size (fairly small) the very friendly staff, ease of parking, good breakfast, and handy location. It doen't hurt that it is near my favorite restaurant Ciao Bell!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor survey. We are glad to be your home away from home and am happy to hear that you will return to our hotel when in the Bloomington area!

Ryan M
Viroqua, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I had booked a reservation through Hotwire in hopes that I could take advantage of the Park and Fly. Not so much. I called the hotel direct to ask how I could do this on my upcoming stay in May and he was rude with me and stated it is not an option at all since I booked with Hotwire. I understand that the rooms may have been discounted but I was willing to pay the additional for parking. Would not work with me at all. Very disappointed that there was no customer service in this situation. I am serisously considering cancelling the whole reservation regardless if I lose money, just to not stay at this hotel. Would much rather stay somewhere else where they are willing to work with you.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Joliet, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

V's in the room are monitors with no HDMI, RGB or Video input ports. Cancelled and stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott instead. I travel for several weeks at a time for business and I bring my Xbox and laptop to occupy my time away from family, not having a TV to plug them into for movies and gaming is a deal breaker.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
We apologize that you did not have the in-room amenities you were expecting, and as we look into refreshing options we will consider your suggestion. Thank you for your review.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The room was presented ok and was probably the safest place to be in the hotel. The hotel was dated, and it advertised movies we could watch in our room. They discontinued offering movies. Awesome HD TV's in the room, but hey, you don't need HD hookup. My husband and I have a sick fascination for watching fuzz (not). I used the Internet to watch movies, at least that was free. Housekeeping has no sense of reading English, or appropriateness. They would beat on the door and then just barge in, we like being caught naked. It gives us a sense of being whole. Our card/key quit working on almost every single instance and would have to go down to the front desk and get a new key near every time we exited the room, we must have needed exercise since they lacked the fitness room they advertise. Oh, and don't even think about going swimming, because you have to drive four miles to go swimming, use the hot tub, and use their business center. But hey, when you complain, they don't tell you about their 100% guarantee, oh no no no. They give you candy and look away. You may as well get a tent and camp on the side of the road. The price is NOT worth the stay.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
I want to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to answer a few questions about your stay.

I do apologize that you expected a pool at our hotel and we do no have one, I am not sure if you also thought we do not have a business computer and fitness center but those we do have on property. The movies are not available at this time, I am truly sorry for that inconvenience as well.

We will share you issues with housekeeping with the housekeeping manager so she can work with her staff on the proper way to enter a room.

I am, again very sorry for all the issues you had with our property and we appreciate you letting us know.

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West? Share your experiences!