“like home hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West

You added AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West to your Saves list
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4201 American Blvd West ( W 80th), Bloomington, MN 55437 (Formerly Hampton Inn Minneapolis)   |
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
duxbury MA
“like home hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I've been frequenting this hotel for many years and it always gives me a feeling of being at home. I like the size (fairly small) the very friendly staff, ease of parking, good breakfast, and handy location. It doen't hurt that it is near my favorite restaurant Ciao Bell!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ryan M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor survey. We are glad to be your home away from home and am happy to hear that you will return to our hotel when in the Bloomington area!

Ryan M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Viroqua, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I had booked a reservation through Hotwire in hopes that I could take advantage of the Park and Fly. Not so much. I called the hotel direct to ask how I could do this on my upcoming stay in May and he was rude with me and stated it is not an option at all since I booked with Hotwire. I understand that the rooms may have been discounted but I was willing to pay the additional for parking. Would not work with me at all. Very disappointed that there was no customer service in this situation. I am serisously considering cancelling the whole reservation regardless if I lose money, just to not stay at this hotel. Would much rather stay somewhere else where they are willing to work with you.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Joliet, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

V's in the room are monitors with no HDMI, RGB or Video input ports. Cancelled and stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott instead. I travel for several weeks at a time for business and I bring my Xbox and laptop to occupy my time away from family, not having a TV to plug them into for movies and gaming is a deal breaker.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
We apologize that you did not have the in-room amenities you were expecting, and as we look into refreshing options we will consider your suggestion. Thank you for your review.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The room was presented ok and was probably the safest place to be in the hotel. The hotel was dated, and it advertised movies we could watch in our room. They discontinued offering movies. Awesome HD TV's in the room, but hey, you don't need HD hookup. My husband and I have a sick fascination for watching fuzz (not). I used the Internet to watch movies, at least that was free. Housekeeping has no sense of reading English, or appropriateness. They would beat on the door and then just barge in, we like being caught naked. It gives us a sense of being whole. Our card/key quit working on almost every single instance and would have to go down to the front desk and get a new key near every time we exited the room, we must have needed exercise since they lacked the fitness room they advertise. Oh, and don't even think about going swimming, because you have to drive four miles to go swimming, use the hot tub, and use their business center. But hey, when you complain, they don't tell you about their 100% guarantee, oh no no no. They give you candy and look away. You may as well get a tent and camp on the side of the road. The price is NOT worth the stay.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
I want to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to answer a few questions about your stay.

I do apologize that you expected a pool at our hotel and we do no have one, I am not sure if you also thought we do not have a business computer and fitness center but those we do have on property. The movies are not available at this time, I am truly sorry for that inconvenience as well.

We will share you issues with housekeeping with the housekeeping manager so she can work with her staff on the proper way to enter a room.

I am, again very sorry for all the issues you had with our property and we appreciate you letting us know.
Superior, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I see lots of complaints on here, but that is the exact opposite of my recent stay here. I'm an Honors member and generally consider the Hamptons to be one of my top few choices for places to stay. Usually a better bargain from a cost/benefit perspective than other Hilton properties.

I was scheduled for a two-night stay. I had a clean room and a high-quality bed for my first night. Breakfast the next morning was quite good. Still, I would have rated this as about an average or slightly above average night's stay, based on many nights in hotels over the past few years.

After working all day at a one-day conference, I returned to the hotel for my second night stay. I was battling a head cold and generally feeling pretty miserable. I was planning to stay that second night to hang out with some friends who were in town for the weekend. However, I really just wanted to go home and sleep in my own bed, three hours away.

I asked the front desk what would the penalty would be if I checked out instead of staying the extra night - and this was way past checkout time. They told me that they valued my business and that there would be no charge for the second night if I decided to drive home. Both desk clerks were extremely polite and friendly. Kudos to the staff and the management for treating customers in a way that I don't see very often any more. I'll be back.

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stay in many Hampton Inns all over the USA and this is by far the worst example of a Hampton Inn you will find. The place is old , the lift did not work and the beds in our room were a joke. I have never experienced a lumpy bed when staying in any hotel but we couldnt believe it when we saw how bad they were.
We thought at least we may get a nice breakfast but we were wrong! It had to be probably the worst we have ever had. It was a shambles! I thought I would just have toast except the toaster was broken! Every table was dirty, and there were dirty cloths in a bucket right where people were sitting eating.
This hotel is a disgrace to the Hampton name. We were due to stay here for 3 nights but booked out to find a better hotel which will not be a difficult task as there can't be many worse than this one!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry for the conditions that you found while you were at our hotel. What you found when you stayed with us is not normal for us! We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area.
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Not bad. Clean rooms good wireless signal in the rooms. This must be one of the first hamptons ever built its not run down by any means but you can tell its older. Booked room via hotwire at a super low rate. Would do it again.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West? Share your experiences!