“Not bad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West

Save Saved
You added AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West to your Saves list
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4201 American Blvd West ( W 80th), Bloomington, MN 55437 (Formerly Hampton Inn Minneapolis)   |
Ranked #28 of 38 hotels in Bloomington
Memphis, Tennessee
“Not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Not bad. Clean rooms good wireless signal in the rooms. This must be one of the first hamptons ever built its not run down by any means but you can tell its older. Booked room via hotwire at a super low rate. Would do it again.

• Stayed March 2013

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lakeville, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

During our most recent stay we seriously felt our safety was at stake. smoking hotel guest were not adequately addressed for smoking in the hallways at 4am. We had a miserable night! It was the fault of the drunk St. Patricks day crowd though, not necessarily the hotel! They were smoking in a non smoking room, then on the balcony, were loud and rude.

Room Tip: Want a good room....check a different hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I understand that the noise and actions from other guests was an issue during your time with us. We strive to stop that type of behavior as soon as we become aware of it. I apologize that you had to experiance that and we did not stop it fast enough. I do hope the next time you return to area you consider staying with us again.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I had a miserable night! It was the fault of the drunk St. Patricks day crowd though, not necessarily the hotel! They were smoking in a non smoking room, then on the balcony, were loud and rude. The hotel is fine, basic but clean, and with very nice staff.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I understand that the noise was an issue during your time with us. We strive to have additional overnight managers available during high traffic periods to assure the comfort and safety of our guests. I do hope the next time you return to area you consider staying with us again.
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Where shall I begin? Let me start by saying go elsewhere - you can have a better stay at a Motel 6 for less money. Specifics:

Ice sheet in parking lot - fell down.
Shuttle bus parks under both lanes of covered entry preventing guests from close unload.
Serious shortage of parking.
Sex fluid stains on couch cushions.
Broken elevator.
Snow on room TVs.
Leaking / running toilet tank.
Ripped upholstry.
Bed duvet was worn and clumpy.
Property was old and worn.
Room layout and furnishing not current to Hampton brand.

The management listened and was apologetic, but had no power or resources to do much.

Room Tip: Don't book here.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. This winter we have had an unusually high number of guests using our Park and Fly program. We have addressed the issue and have reduced the number that can stay at one time. We are very thankful that our neighbors will allow our guests to use their lot, I do apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Absolutely fabulous stay, check in took a little while but the evening desk clerk did really well despite being alone on a busy night. He asked the shuttle driver to move the bus so customers could pull in to unload and when the driver got up, he actually rolled his eyes. We thought he was a bored guest because he was playing solitaire on the hotel computer in the front lobby. I don't think I would have wanted to ride anywhere with him, very crabby! We had asked for a portable crib to be sent to the room and because it was so busy, I just knew I would have to come grab it myself later, but he remembered and was up quickly with it. The room was nice and clean and the breakfast good and the area clean. Plenty of parking, I was worried after reading other reviews, but there was plenty. There were cookies and the fire was nice! I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We didn't have issues with noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I want to thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We take all of our guest’s comments to heart and use them to help make all of our staff members better at what they do. It is great to see that you have a fabulous stay. I want to apologize on behalf of everyone here on the behavior of the shuttle driver that you meet. This is not the normal behavior of our staff! I will be using this review as a training tool. Thank you again for taking the time wrighting a review!
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton for 4 days, and I was honestly a little frustrated with some things of our stay. One of the positives notes was the housekeeping, rooms were clean, and serviced well each day. My issues started as we arrived. There was no parking...see this property rents parking to airport flyers, well while I applaud the owner for looking to extra income, they have oversold the lot. Each night we found no place to park, except for a neighbor restaurant, but were left wondering if we'd be towed as the lot was clearly marked. Also on the exterior, they have really poor conditions with thick ice everywhere. I understand its winter in MN, but it's not excusable to have thick dangerous ice everywhere...salt or ice melt maybe?? We watched people slip daily..I can't believe the owner would risk the liability. Next on check in, it was a rushed check in, not the typical friendly Hampton Experience. They have a sign welcoming all the HHonors members, yet our name was missing.. We inquired about warm cookies, and were told they only do that every now and again....really? Our first impression on the room did not meet what we expected by reading that they were newly renovated. Although clean, it was older looking, but so small. The bathroom was only the length of the tub, and that is just too small. It's one thing if you are paying a lower rate, but when you pay a Hampton rate, I feel you should get a little more, and a mini room gave me a sour taste. Next issue, we were late rising each day, and as such did not leave until around noon. Well each day we had a note saying housekeeping had been there, seen our do not disturb sign, so passed on our room. It said we could call the front desk should we need any supplies. We did call and request a service, which they did do, I was just bugged at the note everyday. I don't think they should leave notes until later in the day prior to the staff leaving for the day. On checkout the bill never arrived under the door like most do. Overall not a good Hampton experience at all, not bad, just not a Hampton experience. I really don't know that I would stay at this property again. It seems like one where an owner is not as involved as they should be, or a GM not doing his job. I'm not saying its a bad place, it's not, it's just not what Hampton has built with their brand. I think had there not been so many little things, I wouldn't have cared about others, but when you start to add up all the little things, it ruins the experience as a guest.

Room Tip: Bathrooms are very very small.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I want to thank you for your detailed feedback about your recent stay with us. I apologize that we did not live up to our high standards of service. We have been battling the parking lot conditions. With the way the snow, rain, freezing rain and then snow again has made it a challenge to keep the parking lot clear of ice buildup. This winter we have had an unusually high number of guests using our Park and Fly program. We have addressed the issue and have reduced the number that can stay at one time. We are very thankful that our neighbors will allow our guests to use their lot; I do apologize for the inconvenience. We do realize that with the hotel being built in the 80’s it is in need of some updating. With the building being older it was designed with smaller bathrooms, why they designed them like this I don’t know. We want to give our guests every opportunity to receive housekeeping service. To do that our housekeepers slide the note under the door for rooms that have requested no service as soon as they see the sign. This gives the guest time to let us know that they would like service before housekeeping leaves for the day. We deliver the receipts between 3:00 am and 4:00 am. Your bill should have been slid under your door the morning that you were scheduled to check out. The only time that we would not deliver a receipt is if you made your reservation and paid through a third party, like Priceline or Hotwire. Your review will be a teaching tool for our staff. Thank you again for taking the time to wright a review!
New York Mills, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had a flight out of MSP and didn't want to drive the three hours to the airport and then spend more time waiting and flying. So I found Hampton Inn online that offers their Park and Fly option. It's great for us and we'll be using them every time we need to fly! The breakfast had many selections (egg omelet with ham, onions and red peppers was delicious) and the fresh fruit was a hit with our five year old. The great breakfast was substantial and helped to keep us sustained until we reached our destination (and no, we're not fans of airport food!). The shuttle drivers were friendly, personable and even helped us remove the snow from our car before leaving! We'll be seeing you on our next vacation!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West? Share your experiences!