I recently booked a room on Hotwire at what was supposed to be a 3 star rated property and was very disappointed. We came up to the area for a girls shopping weekend and got to the hotel late (about 10pm) to check in. The clerk at the hotel was in the back room and we waited quite a while for him to come out to get us checked in. The process was pretty quick once he came out but he did not make us feel welcome, like we were burdening him. The room itself was small and looked clean and had been updated to the normal Hampton Inn linens and extras. The bathroom needed attention but again, they had made an attempt at updating a very old bathroom. When we were getting ready in the morning I noticed a piece of old gum that was stuck on the headboard of one of the beds. I did bring this to the attention of the desk clerk when we were checking out and he apologized.
I have to say though that the biggest disappointment was the breakfast buffet. We did arrive late, about 5 minutes before the time they were to close. To our suprise we and a few other guests were unable to maneuver in the breakfast area because the cleaning crew showed up there to eat. They pushed us around the small area as we waited for our toast and proceeded to clean out what was left of the fruit, yogurt and hot items on the buffet. I think that it is great that the property doesn't allow their food to go to waste however when the "perks" of the staff goes above the "perks" of the paying customer that is not a good thing. They sat their large garbage bags of whatever in the buffet area, against the wall by the elevator and in the way of anyone trying to get their food. I did say something to the desk clerk and he was flippant about it, stating that they (the cleaning crew) always eats breakfast and they usually don't come down until 15 minutes after closing. I'm sure by his attitude that nothing was done or said to the cleaning crew so that this doesn't happen again.
I would not stay here again even though it was convenient and a great deal!
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Bloomington (Airport Area) Hotel
- Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Bloomington (Airport Area) Hotel Bloomington
- Hampton Inn Minneapolis Bloomington
- Hampton Inn Bloomington
- Bloomington Hampton Inn
- AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West MN, North America
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AmericInn Bloomington West hotel is conveniently in the heart of Bloomington, near the Southdale Mall. We are located near several major Interstates including I-494, I-35W, and Highway 62/212. Our Bloomington hotel is just ten minutes from Minneapolis / St Paul International Airport and only five minutes from the Mall of America in a major business district close to many corporations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AmericInn Hotels, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.