“NEVER STAY HERE THIS IS A ROACH MOTEL!!” 1 of 5 stars

Northwood Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1225 E 78th St, I-494, Exit 3, Bloomington, MN 55425   |
Ranked #37 of 38 hotels in Bloomington
Chicago, Illinois
“NEVER STAY HERE THIS IS A ROACH MOTEL!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The worse expierence I ever had! The grounds were unkept. The room had a stinch of pee. The shower was disgusting I begged for my money back the manager refused. It was a roach motel. The people gross

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
northwoodinnandsuite, Webmaster at Northwood Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you commenting about the hotel. I’m genuinely sorry that we could not meet your needs during this stay. We strive to provide a pleasant experience and a great combination of value and amenities along with good customer service. For any ways in which we fell short during your stay, I sincerely apologize. We try to get better and better every day.

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Ok i needed to get a place for my daughter and my son because Me, my other son and my wife had a later flight and I told them ill book a room and I seen this place listed for $39 and so I booked it. When I got to the hotel to pick up my son and daughter they showed me there room and it was dirty and old and smelled like dog s***. They said the room was dirty when they checked in last night and it was the only room they had left and so I talked to the mager and he didn't do s***, so please I warning everyone..........DONT stay here

• Stayed October 2013
northwoodinnandsuite, Webmaster at Northwood Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Northwood Inn and Suites for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry it didn’t turn out to be the enjoyable stay you.

• Housekeeping received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• We shared your report of the smell to the management, maintenance and housekeeping in the hope that they can see that this does not happen to any more of our valued guests.

• Manager received extra training in the courteous way in which he is to treat our valued guests.

I am pleased to tell you that we do take our guest reviews seriously. I hope that you will reconsider and that the next time you are in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Northwood Inn and Suites. I think you will be very pleased.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I wanted a cheap getaway for the night and that is EXACTLY what we got. I booked a Deluxe King room on hotels.com for under $85 after taxes on the morning of our mini trip. Even though it was last minute, I assumed that I was being accurately charged for what was available that night.
When we got there, we not only had trouble getting through the parking lot, but we were surprised to find multiple buildings. My reciept during check in was blank, but I assumed it would be correct regardless. I signed and initialled the service agreement anyway.
Thankfully we were in the building with the pool, but the building itself smelled musty. Our room was NOTHING like what I booked. We had 2 full sized beds and a random foldup bed next to the door. I double checked the receipt which said Deluxe Queen Double. I immediately called the front desk. After some confusion, I was told I would get a call back. A different person called 10min later to claim that the room I choose was already taken, so we got a free upgrade. The view sucked and my fiance and I had the choice of a small shared bed or sleeping alone!
The random lights all over the room made no sense and didn't even adaquately light the room! Not to mention the bathroom was small and hard to get into without fully opening the door, climbing in the tub, and then shutting the door.
At about 9pm, we went to the pool downstairs. The water was surprisingly warm and the perfect depth. We were concerned about the cleanliness, though. It seems they use salt as a cheap alternative to chlorine. I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do.
Getting back from the pool to shower, the pipe with the showerhead wasn't fully secured to the wall, so when the water was on, it pulsated for a few minutes!
The beds were firm and the pillows were soft, but since there wasn't a way to control the temperature of the room, the thin blankets were not enough.
We checked out just before 11am and we didn't look back...

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

• The information on the website was checked to make sure that what was being shown concerning our establishment was accurate.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the shower, Blankets and Vacuumed carpets in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

• I am glad you find our pool warm. Pool staff received our commendation.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

If I could give this place 0 as review I would. this by far was the worst hotel room I'm ever seen or stayed at. not only is the outside a horrible sight, so run down, looks like you would get murdered if you walk outside Alone. when we first got there the room the hall everything smells like marijuana. we ended up having to go get new room keys four different times because ours quit working in the doors. our phone was broken didn't work at all, the headboard fell off of the bed, there was Holes in the curtains and the bedding was all stained. the couch bed was broken, it wasn't being held on by any of the springs anymore. When I went to go get a refund because this was a horrible experience I was told to call a third-party being the manager. not only can we not get a hold of the manager but we also never got A single apology from any of the three employees. I am still waiting to hear back from the manager after 2 Nights After I stayed there. I would not recommend anybody stay at this place It is horrible.

• Stayed September 2013
northwoodinnandsuite, Webmaster at Northwood Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

• We shared your report of the Bad smell to the management, maintenance and housekeeping in the hope that they can see that this does not happen to any more of our valued guests.

• Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you had with Rooms keys, headboard, Phone, Curtains and Bedding and instructed to fix the problem.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Northwood Inn and Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased. We shall look forward to welcoming you back.

Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here and it was the worst experience ever. We left after bringing our stuff in to go to the Walmart down the road and when we got back, decided to lay in the bed. We smelled an....odor as if the linens hadn't been washed in ages. It literally reeked of B.O. we went down to the office to get a refund and the lady (who I assumed was the owner) told us to call the 3rd party in order to issue a refund. No problem, we go outside, call the 3rd party and they said they'd have to speak with the receptionist. No problem so we go back inside and the original lady was nowhere to be found, only to be replaced with a large man who refused to speak to the 3rd party in order to issue a refund and during the phone call, this man yelled at both my husband and I and berated us for asking for a refund. It was an embarrassing experience. He eventually yelled that he would allow the refund and since the 3rd party booker was on the phone this entire time, he was able to authorize it. What a sneaky move to run away from customers and try to replace her with a large intimidating man who didn't even eant to hear why we were leaving. Never stay here!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via Trip Advisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize for any Refund issues you encountered. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience, and hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.

Pulaski, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

While the motel room looked nice, the beds were bad. One had such a bad dip in it, we couldn't sleep there. The sofa sleeper wasn't good either. The shower curtain bar was falling off the wall making it impossible to close the curtain. The TV was nice and the pool was warm. The wifi was unsecured. If I could have given zero stars for a rating, I would have.

Room Tip: Stay at another motel instead.