“Black Friday Fantastic!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Ansbach, Germany
“Black Friday Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

My mom (from Nashville, TN) and friend, (from Hong Kong) flew in for Black Friday. I decided to Book this hotel, I have stayed at several Country Inn and Suites, and am usually very happy with them. Well, this hotel was the best of the best. The staff were so incredibly wonderful, it was clean, beautiful, GREAT breakfast, the beds were so comfortable, it was quiet (even though it was Black Friday and the Mall of America was across the street!!) It was just an INCREDIBLE experience. As a matter of fact my mom and dad are coming back for Christmas to visit me, (I live 3 hours away from Bloomington) and we were going to spend a day at the Mall of America, well we have changed that plan and are now going to book the hotel for a night for all of us since it was SUCH a great time! I cannot reccomend this hotel enough...It was wonderful!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Lexington, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

While this hotel is very close to the Mall of America and to the airport, the staff is not very friendly. We had been at a 4 day conference and were very tired and ready to go home. We moved from downtown to the hotel to be closer to the airport. We took the shuttle from the hotel to the mall and had dinner. On the way over we asked the driver what time he would be back. He said every hour on the hour. After the mall trip we waited 2 hours for the shuttle to come back and he never did. We had to pay another hotel shuttle to take us back to our hotel. When I confronted the front desk staff they said "sorry"!! Then the air went out in our room and we had to pack up and move to another wing of the hotel. It was not an enjoyable night. While this review sounds bad I can't help but wander if it was just that I was tired and wanted to get home so everything annoyed me.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

We moved to this hotel after a disastrous experience at another 2 star in the area. The change made it 100% better vacation.
The hotel is nicely setup with good room options. We had a King bed, two room suite which was awsome since we were travelling with our toddler and he needs a good dark place to nap. We set him up in the bedroom part and we could relax and enjoy ourselves in the separate living room part. There are good furnishings and things are kept in nice shape - not run down at all. Even brand new flat screens in each of the rooms.
The breakfast is a really good value. They provide a very good variety of your basic stuff, cereals, yogurt, breads, juices, etc, then they also alternate several hot options like omlettes, or sausages, scrambled eggs etc, so it is better than the typical waffle maker, and orange juice. Also nice little extras like free cookies, made it feel homey.
The hotel also has a pretty good fitness area, and it has a nice pool area with 2 pools and 2 jacuzzis. We all liked this area since it never felt crowded - it was very relaxing.
The staff were all very friendly and professional.
Location is also good as you can easily access the 494 and you are only a couple minutes from either 35 E or W to head into Minni or St Paul.
Overall, the room cost was not cheap but was comparible to others in the area. It was a good value for what we got. We had a very nice stay here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

The employees are very friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, great location to the Mall of America.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Sequim, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

I have to start out by disclosing that I have been a hotel manager for over 15 years. So, I know how things work on both the hotel and customer side of things. I am pretty easy going when I go to hotels because I know that things can go wrong no matter how hard you may try. But, I think a owner and other customers should know when there is bad management in place.

My husband, daughter and I have been going to the Bloomington/Minneapolis area for over a year to take my daughter to the Shriner's Children’s Hospital (which is great) and a major surgery was set for June. As we had done for all of our other visits, I called and made reservations at the Country Inn/Bloomington Mall of America Hotel. When we checked in the first night (two days prior to my daughters surgery) I gave them my discover card and held the room with that card. On Tuesday morning (the day of my daughters surgery) I went to the front desk and told them I needed to pay for the last two nights on the discover card and I would need to pay cash for tonight’s stay. The front desk lady said that I need to have a credit card on hold and I explained that I didn't have enough money left on the discover card but I would be happy to give her my debit card number but please do not run it because the funds would be taken out of my account and I needed the money - but I did have cash to pay for the room upfront. She got her manager and the manager was rude and told me I needed to give them a $250.00 cash deposit and pay for the room up front if I wanted to stay there tonight. I told her that we needed to be at the hospital in 10 minutes for my daughters surgery and I didn't have that kind of cash on me. She said "then I guess you can't stay here!" I asked her if she could just turn the phone off so we couldn't use it and that I could give her my debit card. She said "no"! I told her that we had stayed here before and I paid cash and I didn't need that kind of deposit. She said well, you're not staying here now. Then I said fine I would just take my business somewhere else (as my daughter has to have more than one surgery) and she said "fine with me". As if we didn't have enough on our mind but now my husband, my older daughter and son (who drove up that day) didn't have a place to sleep that night and it was summer and almost every hotel in the area was booked.

I would have never done that to any customer of mine!!!! Oh, and the night prior to leaving the candy machine took my dollar and when I told the front desk the manager on duty that night acted like I was lying - I guess I looked like I made that up to get a free dollar! Then I went back to the machine and was going to use my credit card to see if that would work (thinking that maybe just the cash part was broke) and she ran over and got in my face and said "I thought you said this was broke" - I just walked away. If you stay here don't expect the management to care if you have a problem and be ready to be treated as if you are dirt! Hey, management I think you need to be trained in customer service!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Sask, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

A group of friends and I just returned from our annual shopping trip. This year we went to MOA. This hotel was a good choice. Airport shuttle was handy to pick up Rental car. Breakfast was great and although very busy we always found tables to sit without a wait. Front desk staff helpful with storing our luggage.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
winnipeg,manitoba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

As we where planning to go to the MOA so we picked a hotel that was near by. We where not disappointed. The pools where decent but a little small, and the breakfast was nice. I couldn't sleep because there where flights coming in every 15 minutes.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites at Mall of America? Share your experiences!