“better inside than out” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 38 Hotels in Bloomington
Eureka Springs
“better inside than out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This hotel looked a little seedy outside with smokers puffing away right outside the entrance and the building itself needed repair and sprucing up. However everything worked in my room except for the light in the bathroom. My room was small, especially the unlit tub/toilet room. The bed was fine and that's what counts most. The staff was fine. The breakfast was satisfactory. Not a scenic area. OK for the price.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Rock Island, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Ok place stayed here last year and seems better, always questionable people hanging around entrance but overall nice people and clean room. Easy walk to chili's and shuttle to the mall was nice.we took shuttle to mall of America and driver was a little hard to understand because I only speak English but we did figure it all out.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bethalto, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We spent Wed-Sunday at the Days Inn. When we first arrived, the desk clerk was extremely rude. I asked a question about a charge and she was curt and rude, so I said nothing else, nor did she. We went to our room and opened the door, and the musty smell was so strong. We had to open the windows, but then realized that the screen was torn out of the window. Don't bother asking for an extra towel, bc there are none to be had. How 4 people are to share 3 towels is beyond me. The carpet was soiled and very old. It needs to be updated and the staff need to be more friendly. I would of paid an extra 10 bucks to stay somewhere a little nicer.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

So, first... I should say that most of the hotel staff wasn't unfriendly, but they were unprofessional in that they didn't follow standard hotel procedure for safety. #1) They said my name and what room I was in loudly, while I had people standing behind me. #2) We had to get duplicate keys several times throughout the course of the weekend. At no time did a single person ask to see my ID card while requesting keys, or even verify more detailed information. Considering that the person we asked each time was completely different, I can't even say that this was a case of recognition.

All rooms are supposed to have refrigerators in them, and I had called two weeks prior to my arrival to ensure this. When we arrived, the refrigerator was just gone. Even if this was a last-sell room, we should have been notified at check-in instead of hoping we'd just not notice. To the staff's credit however, they managed to find and fix a refrigerator and get it to our room by the end of the evening.

The doors don't close by themselves, so you have to be very careful about shutting the door behind you. The floors of the upper hallways are very uneven at some points, and my friend tripped. She twisted her ankle pretty badly, and we had to get her a foot brace.

The breakfast was okay as far as motel breakfasts go. The girl who was working the dining area seemed very polite and nice.

Overall, I probably won't be staying at this hotel again, especially considering that the other hotels in the immediate area are similarly priced. But, if I had one major thing to critique... please put your employees through safety training! Don't just give out keys to anyone who asks, and don't announce the room number out loud!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Helpful courteous staff on all shifts. Housekeeping friendly and rooms very clean. Breakfast area clean and food trays kept filled. Knowledgeable staff of area dining and directions. Easy to get in and out. Quiet area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn Bloomington? Share your experiences!