“Bedbugs” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Centerstone Suites

You added Centerstone Suites to your Saves list
Centerstone Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10580 Baltimore St. NE, Blaine, MN 55449 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Blaine
“Bedbugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

After a 1 night stay we were greeted in the morning with 1 bedbug on our clothing and 1 found on the wall. Now we have to freeze and heat all our personal belongings so we don't bring them home. Do not stay in a hotel with bedbugs, you won't stop "itching all over for days"!

• Stayed July 2013
guesthouse2, Manager at Centerstone Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback.

We as a management team at the Centerstone Suites take bed bugs as a very serious matter and take many proactive approaches to prevent any such incidents from ever occurring.

In this specific case there were no bed bugs found. This was a case of swallow bugs, similar in appearance but common in households during the summer months.

We have yet to have a case of bed bugs at the Centerstone Suites due largely in part to our proactive housekeeping, room inspections and demand for cleanliness and customer satisfaction.

We train our staff on what to look for in rooms, spend additional time cleaning each guest room and always have a manager check each room before it is ready for occupancy.

The management team at the Centerstone Suites is committed to providing a clean, comfortable and enjoyable experience to each of our guests.

We value your input and always strive to become better and look forward to exceeding all of your expectations when you stay with us!

-Centerstone Suites Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Maple Grove, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

booked for wedding early june. 20+ rooms had trouble with reservations, lost missing with change over in company name. The Niel Castle the group coordnator was great to work with. They have one rude lady working front desk. Recieved multiple comments from our party how rude she was. The day of, I could not prepay for some of the rooms for late arriving relatives, I did not want to check them in, just put thier bill on my account. They could not do that, no payment taken until check in. My daughter is still waiting for the billing credit on her card for the bridal suite, should have been complimentary with the number of rooms rented. I would say management has to do a complete system review, make it easier. If I walk up and say I want these six guests bills put on my card, they should be flexible enough to find a way to make it happen. My sister left when they wanted a credit card at here check in, I had told her I would pick up her room, and I could not until they checked in, which was while I was at the reception. I did not want to have a stack of room keys to had out, I had enough on my plate that day.

The rooms were nice, the night staff was great, I cannot imagine having the patience of the staff with all those people coming in loud and rowdy from the reception. the rooms were well insulated, we had people sleeping next to party rooms and they said they didn't even hear the party.

The breakfast worked as a meeting place were we said our goodbyes.

Overall, nice place, great staff, except for the one rude lady. I would recomend this place.

Room Tip: only stayed on fourth floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tenafly, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

A very nice area overall. Some big name stores and restaurants nearby. within walking distance. A little tricky to get to. You go by it and then double back. If you only have to leave once or twice its ok but more than that it becomes annoying. Over all I would say its average. They maintain they are very busy and full most year round. If that is the case It is a very quiet place. I did not hear people in the next room or in the hallways.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DeWitt, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a hockey tournament at the National Sports Center. The room rate was $140 per night. The hotel is the closest to the Sports Center. The housekeeping service was subpar. We had a room with two double beds. Our bedspread was filthy. We complained and was told by the front desk clerk "housekeeping replaces those and they are gone for the day, so just throw it on the floor." Some of the staff treated us like they were doing us a favor by letting us stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Blaine hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

The room was indeed spacious, but there was garbage next to the couch, a random bobby pin on the floor, a small closet (considering the room has 2 queens and a pull out), an odd smell, weird sports art on the walls and scuff marks (alot) on the walls. Staff were pleasant (under new management) and breakfast was ok.

• Stayed June 2013
LeMars, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is no longer Comfort Suites, it is now Centerstone Suites. I booked this room online and paid in advance for a discount. They proceeded to charge my card a second time after we checked out. I called the hotel to get this taken care of. Upon request to speak to a manager I was informed they were not in the building and they could not contact them. They did say that the double charge was already reversed, and they did call my bank to notify them it was a hotel error. Over 2 weeks later the money still has not been returned to us, the bank looked into it and there is no record of it ever being reversed. We have tried to call and talk to a manager and each time it is the same thing, Manager is not in and cannot be reached. No manager has made any attempt to return our calls. I am to the point of thinking there is no manager on staff here. We called the corporate phone number and were told to email another person. Do yourself a favor and just avoid this property and the resulting headache altogether.

Now for the rest of the experience. The room was a 2 bedroom suite on the top floor. It was spacious, clean, and quiet. The pool was chilly and the hot tub was warm, but they have a zero-depth entry kiddy pool that tops out at 18 inches. They also have an arcade.

There was a wonderful woman working the desk when we checked in. She should be the manager as her goal was 100% satisfaction including printing up menus and directions to local places to eat. Unfortunately she said her last day was going to be April 7. I have no doubt if she was the manager our problems would already be resolved and this would have been a 4-5 star review rather than a 1 star.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were in town for a hockey tournament, the rooms are great, nice, spacious and clean. The breakfast was good also. As a hockey team we wanted to order pizzas our 1st night there, we asked to rent the hospitality room and we told it was already taken, we then asked if we could eat pizzas in the breakfast area, we were willing to pay to "rent" the area, they told us no, I have used the breakfast area at many hotels with no problem and was actually very suprised when they did not allow it. We then asked if we could eat pizza in the pool area and were told yes...there unfortunalty was a b-day party going on and had to shout at each other to even hear it was soo loud in there. After we were eating the manager came into the pool area and asked who gave permission to eat pizza and we told her the front desk lady...and we were told we were allowed to finish our pizza and no other food is allowed...My opinion was they were not very accomadating to us at all there is never problems at other hotels eating in a breakfast area...our group had $2500 worth of room rented, probably will not stay there again with a group.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Centerstone Suites? Share your experiences!