“Love the Wing Joint” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Blaine, Minnesota
“Love the Wing Joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

If you are in the mood for some tasty wings with a little zest this is your place. it is small and mostly for take out with a few tables. I love the wings - I have always been happy!

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“Found It Again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

When I was young, growing up in Brooklyn Center, there was a Wing Joint just down the street (in Crystal, I think). I remember going there a lot with my dad. Then it was no more. When I moved to Coon Rapids last year I found it again in Blaine. Yay!!! Me and my boyfriend get take out from there every time we want fried chicken. Don't care too much for the buffalo wings, but the normal wings w/side sauces are great. And yes, I've brought some to my dad since. We will stay loyal customers.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Andover, MN
“Minnesota Classic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

In response to the fast food comment; The average wait time at the Wing Joint is ten to fifteen minutes. It is not fast food. The prices are fair. Compare the price of one wing piece (which is half a wing) at Buffalo Wild Wings to the price of one whole wing at the Wing Joint. They are almost the same, which means you get almost twice for your money at the joint. They have been around for a really long time and always been one of my favorites.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ithaca, New York
“An institution that is just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Having read the positive reviews on this restaurant, we gave it a try. Was a bit surprised that the wings are cooked as a complete chicken wing not broken apart. I get the uniqueness of this place but really didn't enjoy. Had Buffalo style - sauce was average. Wings were very large and meaty which is good and properly cooked. I might try it again and see if any of the other sauces are better. Sides, fries etc. were all just average.

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Good chicken, bad shrimp.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

I had a better chicken at Willies (sp.) bar in Lino Lakes the night before. This chickien was a bit on a dry end. The side of shrimps I ordered on a side was terrible: deep fried and too oily. Slaw was nice and fresh, fries were not cooked properly, didn't eat them, a side of fried fish was nice, i enjoyed it. So, it's a mixed feeling, overall OK, but I don' think I would go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere