“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Bemidji
Villa Park, Illinois
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed overnight to drop the kids at BSU. It's close to BSU, not walking, but a two or three minute drive. Exterior and some of the walls are a little rough around the edges, but they upgraded our room for free because they had to "do some switching". The pool is tiny but the kids had fun in it. Beds, pillows, and even the couch were super comfy. Free breakfast in a tiny area, but they had cereal, oatmeal packets, fresh fruit, three juices, coffee, bagels, english muffins, muffins, donut holes, scrambled eggs (excellent), sausage (smokey, but great), and, get this, two belgian waffle irons which if you follow the directions make perfect waffles. They will also fill up your thermos in the morning, if you have one, with coffee which I think is a nice touch, particularly for fisherman.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were taking our daughter and grandson for a weekend stay. Looked up this hotel on line. Was $89.10 for a regular 2 Queen room at the Senior Rate for Friday and Saturday night. Fair enough. I called the hotel to make the reservation on line because I wanted to talk to the hotel directly and not take any chances of something going wrong since this stay was for our grandson. When I talked to the gal on the phone, I told her the senior rate I had on line and she said nothing about it being any higher over the phone. At check in, the rate was $116.10! I asked about it and was told that was the weekend rate. I told the gal I had an $89.10 senior rate on line and was promptly told that it was higher on weekends. I tried to tell her that when I looked at the rates on line for these dates it was $89.10 for a senior rate and had it been $116.10 I would not have booked it in the first place. Was told in no uncertain terms that I was wrong. Kept bothering me so I went back to our room an looked up on the Choice hotel website what the rate was for next weekend since i was told weekend rates were higher. Sure enough, $89.10 senior rate for the room we booked for next Friday and Saturday. So I took my laptop to the desk and showed the gal. There WERE rates of $116.10 for other rooms but not for the senior rate for a 2 Q room like we were in. Was told that was wrong! WHAT?!? It was right there on the Choicehotel web site! I have been making reservations both on line and over the phone for many years and have never had this happen before. I see by other reviews that I am not the first person this has happened to. The room was okay and it was quiet. Although we heard they were sold out on Saturday night, we did not hear any noise. Went to move the nightstand to access an outlet and it was really dirty! Beds were very comfortable and we slept very well. The vanity, toilet and shower is in the same area as opposed to the sink being outside. Shower had great water pressure. Towels were small and old and rough. Breakfast was the standard waffles, eggs, yogurt, plain bagels, muffins, bread, donut holes and cereal. Had decent polish type sausage and scrambled eggs, but were not very warm and they could use a microwave in the breakfast area. Would prefer plain waffles, these were cinnamon and even though I like cinnamon, I did not care for these. Did like that they had skim milk and sugar free syrup. Was a very moldy orange in the fruit bowl. Pool area was okay. Hot tub needs work, only two jets worked and there was a sort of scummy look to the surface when the light hit it. The staff were there to do a job, period, and definitely lack in practicing customer service! We have stayed many places in Bemidji and this is the first time we have encountered a room rate concern or people who didn't seem to care if you were happy or not. They could of at least said they were sorry this happened. Other places we have stayed actually made you feel as though you were a valued customer! Not here. We paid $256+ for two nights and it definitely was NOT worth it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Blaine, Mn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

The hotel was fine and it was nice to stay in but when i booked this room and paid the 20.99 over the phone to book it i was told my total with tax and everything was 109.00 then i got the aarp discount and was told 98.00 would be charged to my card and we got the bill and it was 108.00 that was charged to my card when i was told 98.00 for the total that was a little disappointing after i was point blank told it would be 98.00. That happened to me and my brothers who stayed there on Friday evening.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kevin R, General Manager at Quality Inn Bemidji, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hello Debbie,

Thank you so much for your feedback, I would very much like to speak to you by phone, I may be able to clear this up for you, one thing for sure, you should have never been charged such a fee for booking your room, please call the hotel and ask for Kevin.
Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I booked this online without realizing how big Bemidji had gotten in the ten years since we were there last. I was a little sad about it being so far away from the downtown, but I was happy with the price and the room was very nice. The bonus was a deck area off of the pool that was in a little clearing. After coming back for the evening we got a glass of wine and sat out on the deck and were treated to deer strolling through the clearing. The deck area even had a grill if you wanted to grill out. The next morning we used the pool area which was very nice for a small hotel. The breakfast was also very good. My husband was thrilled to find roast beef hash on the menu. For the price this was a very good value.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the east side of the hotel for the best view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Farmington, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

A quiet location with windows that open for fresh air in this lovely northern area! Bed, firm chair for reading, good lighting...all very good. The room needs some good cleaning, however. All the edges of the carpet were dusty and little pieces of paper and hair in the corners. Bathroom smelled of urine. Maybe floors needed disinfecting? Staff was very nice. Bkfst. was just fine. Bedding almost looked as though the person who put on the sheets didn't know how! Back entrance was very messy with debris from smokers. I think many construction people stay there which is fine but it should be kept clean. Front, side and back entrances tell a lot about how the motel is maintained. All in all a good rest.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We did check one other location before checking in here, they were full.

Check in went well, I was asking about discounts and they reminded me of their AAA discount so we saved a few dollars there. They only had one room left, but no issues with it.

See pics … everything met their ‘quality’ standards.

Good breakfast in the AM, scrambled eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, plus the usual motel fare.

(coffee was too weak for my traveling partner ... I wouldn't know, I don't touch the stuff)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Nice, clean, quiet rooms. Friendly staff This was our third stay and each experience has been nice. We had several others stay there as well as they were all happy as well. We all had traveled quite a distance so was nice to have rooms ready at actual check in time.

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bemidji
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bemidji
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bemidji
BEST WESTERN Bemidji Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Bemidji
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bemidji
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Blackduck

Been to Quality Inn Bemidji? Share your experiences!