“Wonderful Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Bemidji
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
“Wonderful Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed in this Hotel end of May 2014. It was very satisfying stay to be here. Rooms are maintained very well. All your needs are taken care of by managing persons. Break fast , coffee tea need are met with high standard, Swimming and Gym facilities are also provided. Overall excellent service is rendered by this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Camille Z, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bemidji, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent stay at our property here in Bemidji. We are glad to hear that you were very satisfied and our staff was able to fulfill all of your needs. If you are ever in the area, we’d love for you to choose our hotel once again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 3 night 12/18 to 12/21 reserved a King room suite. Arrived at the hotel after a long day on a work project and was quite wiped out. Checked in, that went smooth and easy, very friendly staff. Went to settle down and relax in the room and noticed the room appeared to be poorly made up. That evening went to a coworkers room to have a couple of beers and go over a few details on the project, got to his room and he said "check out the great housekeeping" bed appeared to be just tossed together. The next morning had breakfast in the breakfast bar, but only had cereal since that's all they had stocked. The breakfast person was only putting out a few items here and there. When asked if more eggs would be ready, reply was 10 minutes. For an empty place not good. That evening arrived back and noticed my room appeared to also be only tossed together, bed and pillows just tossed up to appear as if someone made a slight effort. Next morning more of the same for breakfast, not good. Now my last evening arrived back after a long day on the project and quite wiped out, staff greeted with a friendly hello and welcome back. Went to my room and whamo my room wasn't even touched. Bed not made, towels not replaced, other room items not replaced even the bad coffee packs. Went down to the front desk to complain and the two young ladies we're shocked. I asked for some fresh towels and soaps, the staff said they would let housekeeping know the next day since they all were gone for the evening. That evening the place was full with high school wrestling teams for a wrestling meet. Kids will be kids so let's just say the place was a little loud. The next morning I met my coworker for the so called breakfast buffet, let's just say good luck. 7am no food was ready and what was made was quickly grabbed by the kids quickly. My coworker also said his room was not made up yesterday so what housekeeping did that day who knows. Now I received my invoice and went to the front desk to complain about the price for the lack of service, the guy at the desk said he couldn't do anything and I'd have to talk to a manager later. About 4 hours later the manager called me apologizing for the lack of quality for my stay and deducted a small amount from the invoice. Now this was my 4th Express in 3 weeks; 1 out in Long Island, NY, 1 North East, PA and Schaumberg, IL all of these places we're above the level performers and would gladly rate them 4.5 to 5's but not this place. Many other quality hotels in Bemidji

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HIEBEMIDJI, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bemidji, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
I would like to apologize about the short comings you experienced during your stay at our property. The supervisors in each department have been made aware of the situation and are looking at ways to improve the service we are providing our guests. We thank you for your feedback, apologize for the inconveniences and are planning to improve the service we offer here at the Holiday Inn Express.
Lenexa, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

They only have one washer and one dryer on the third floor in the hallway. On multiple locations I saw people waiting in the hallway until their clothes were done.

It took management's replacement of three refrigerators before I finally got one that worked on their fourth try.

Their internet is not secure even though it is password protected.

Overall, this hotel is good if you only want to arrive late, go to bed and leave the next morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HIEBEMIDJI, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bemidji, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Bemidji, MN. The feedback you have provided in your review will be taken with care and the appropriate steps will be taken to fix the issues you had during your stay. We hope that you stay with us again during your next visit to Bemidji so we can improve on the experience you recently had. If you do need anything further please contact me at my direct email.

holidayinnexpressbemidji@gmail.com
Osseo, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We are working our way through all the Bemidiji area hotels as we come to the area every other weekend. We have stayed in other Holiday Inn Express' before with nice accommodations, so had high expectations. Unfortunately this site did not meet the level of quality of their sister sites, with more cons than positives

Positives: Staff was very nice and helpful
Breakfast was nice with good selections

Cons: Priced higher than other hotels in the area
Maintenance needed with regard to sauna (closed for repair) & elevator ( broke down with us inside! - helpful staff got us out quickly but she mentioned that his has happened before!)
We were placed in a handicapped room (we did not reserve/handicapped room)
Handicapped room does not have a handicapped accessible bathroom (no way anyone in a wheel chair could get into it)
Bed was very soft/squishy on the inside and hard around the outside edge
Hot tub was low on water & dirty!
Hot tub filled with community members playing $3 to swim

Needless to say, we were very disappointed and will choose other hotels in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HIEBEMIDJI, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bemidji, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Bemidji. I am pleased that the staff and breakfast were most enjoyable during your stay. I do want to apologize about the inconveniences you had during your stay and would like you to know that all of your comments have been relayed to the appropriate departments so that they can be resolved.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here and it has been consitently decent. The staff is excellent. They are always certain you have what you need and seem to genuinely care. The location and parking are great. Easy to get to and from spots such as the university and downtown. Reasonably priced. The room is nothing to write home about, however it is comfortable and clean. I agree with other reviews; it would benefit from a facelift. Breakfast was a typical continental breakfast. I was staying here for business, but brought my mom and her friend who traveled to Bemidji for fun. They spent more time at HIE and really enjoyed it. HIE Bemidji is reliable, comfortable, and affordable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Bemidji. I am glad that you enjoyed what our hotel had to offer and I hope that you stop by the next time you are visiting the Bemidji area.

Assistant Manger
Fargo, ND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

First I want to say the staff is great, from the folks behind the counter to the housekeeping staff. There were a few things that I didn't really like though..,.. The continental breakfast didn't have any fruit. A banana or apple in the morning keeps the doctor away! There are only two aerobic machines in the exercise room. One of them had been shipped to be fixed so the only aerobic machine available was the eliptical. I have arthritic hands and can only use a treadmill. I asked for a fridge in my room for medicaiton. The fridge kept my meds a little above room temp so I had to fill a bag with ice to keep the fridge cold. Also the tub stopper didn't work and the bath tub pipes made a high, loud noise when the shower was going. Didn't matter if it was really hot or really cold water. In the hotel's defense, I stayed at this place for only two nights and didn't mention the issues to the front desk till the night before my departure otherwise I'm sure they would have rectified the fridge and stopper issue. Bottom line though, I've heard there are some other very nice hotels in town, and one that's going to be built, so this HIE might want to start fixing things before rooms are rented or customers, including this one, will go elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HIEBEMIDJI, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bemidji, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Bemidji. We appreciate all of the feedback you have provided and apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay. Our treadmill was out of order during your stay and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this caused. The feedback you have provided will promote growth and provide the hotel with areas to improve in.

Chilliwack, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

From arrival to leaving, this stay was much more than we expected. Welcome at the desk was very pleasant, room was one of the best - large and comfortable - with convenient "Handicap Parking ". The staff went out of their way to ensure we had everything we needed.

Room Tip: This is one of the better hotels so leaving your room selection to the desk clerk is OK.