“Summer Relaxation and Fun” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Your Points!
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Bemidji
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“Summer Relaxation and Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Second time in three years I have stayed a week (July 13-18, 2014) at this hotel on the southern shore of Lake Bemidji. Spacious lake side room. Great staff. Well maintained property. Nice area for breakfast in the morning. Green Mill restaurant attached and they built a Doubletree next door within the last year. Beach and docks to place a boat if you have one. Canoes, kayaks and paddleboats for your enjoyment of the lake. Indoor swimming pool and wading pool with a beautiful indoor/outdoor hot tub. Great for relaxing after a day at the headwaters of the Mississippi river in nearby Itasca State Park. Great place to stay if you're in the Bemidji area.

Room Tip: Lake Side.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kayla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bemidji, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and posting such a kind review! We appreciate your feedback! I hope you stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Branford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This was my first stay at a hotel instead of the Itasca campgrounds which are a half hour away. Due to airline last minute schedule change, I needed to arrive a day earlier and stay a day later, for a total of 5 days (Curse you, United). The staff was most accommodating on this short notice change, and gave me a quiet room on the top floor, facing the lake. The decor gave just the right bit of 'woodsy' appeal. The room was clean, the mattress comfy, and every question I had for the desk was promptly, cheerfully answered. I'm an early riser and went out to the veranda every morning to see the lake from the comfort of those sliding rockers. Wonderfully relaxing! The breakfasts were all good, and the area opened even before schedule; the person in charge here took great care to keep things clean too. The hotel is right at the hub for exploring natural areas in any direction. The opposite end of the lake has a nice state park with a bog boardwalk, and you can spend days exploring Itasca mentioned earlier. Chippewa National Forest is also less than an hour's drive. I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff and the obvious pride they take in maintaining a facility that's great for the family as well as the single traveler who wants quiet. Oh, and did I mention that if you don't care for swimming in the clear lake waters, there's a pool with a spa portion that's outdoors? There's also a relatively inexpensive restaurant that adjoins this property and the Doubletree next door, though I didn't enjoy that as much (despite the free drink cards) as the native American and Mexican restaurants a short walk away.

Room Tip: Ask and you shall receive. The place is kid friendly (I'm not) so I asked for top floor, end of...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us and posting such a kind review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! I hope you are able to come stay again either for business or pleasure! Thank you again!
North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have spent the last three summers staying at this hotel and have throroughly enjoyed the experience every time. All the staff are to be commended on their hard work. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a place to stay in the Bemidji area. Ability to get a suite with two separate rooms is also a plus for the family.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us and posting such a kind review! I am glad you enjoyed your last 3 summers with us, and hope you continue your tradition! Thank you again!
Bemidji, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Our room was spacious, very clean and had everything you would expect in a good quality hotel. The staff were very helpful with all areas of our stay. Beautiful hotel, parking convenient, our room was lake view and totally awesome.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kayla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bemidji, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and posting such a kind review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to you staying with us again soon!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is a lovely place to spend the 4th of July. Right on the lake front with a private beach, green grassy area, and wonderful outside seating make this an inclusive place for your holiday weekend. Great location and close to downtown where there is beautiful Library Park allow for convenient travel. The restaurant has acceptable food and is connected to the hotel. The lobby area has large windows that allow for a beautiful morning view of the lake or a relaxing view at night. Unfortunately, the room rates reflected a holiday price. I felt lucky to have found a place! The staff was great. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Although the hotel was absolutely booked, the room was quiet. Great place I will definitely come again!

Room Tip: Ask for lakeside if possible. You may have to pay more!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for staying with us and posting such a kind review!!! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and your holiday weekend! Thank you again and we look forward to you staying with us soon!
Cass Lake, MN, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I've stayed at the Bemidji Hampton Inn several times. I'm drawn back to the hotel for the beautiful setting and overall convenience of the location. My only complaint would be related to the room rates.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us and posting such a kind review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you stay with us again soon!
Mankato, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was the worst place I have ever stayed, service was horrible there were bugs in the hot tub, our TV didn't work the whole time even though it was reported twice, they said to leave the room service tray in the hall when finished it was still there the next day. and the price was way to much for the service and room we received. will not be back .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kayla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bemidji, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to comment on our hotel! I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. With the hot tub concerns, unfortuately, having an indoor/outdoor hot tub does cause bugs in the summer time. Our maintenance team checks the hot tub regulariy to look for flies or bugs but they can't always get them during late hours. I will address the TV concerns as well with our guest servics team, along wiht making the Green Mill aware of your room service concerns. Thank you again for staying with us, and I do wish you would consider staying with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bemidji
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bemidji
Quality Inn Bemidji
#9 of 10 in Bemidji
3.5 of 5 stars 61 reviews
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Blackduck

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Bemidji? Share your experiences!