“The perfect serene getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Calma Bed & Breakfast

Villa Calma Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bemidji
Villa Calma Bed & Breakfast
915 Lake Boulevard Northeast, Bemidji, MN 56601   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Bemidji B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The perfect serene getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

After a tough summer studying for the Minnesota Bar Exam, I couldn't wait to get away for a break! So my husband & I decided to visit Bemidji for the first time during Labor weekend which was also my 30th b'day weekend. We loved staying with Kim & Harold. They are amazing hosts & own a beautiful home. They also accommodated my gluten free dietary needs which I really appreciated. My husband & I really enjoyed getting to know the other guests and loved our engaging breakfast conversations. The B&B is also located close to Lake Bemidji & restaurants & is only a 45 min drive from Itasca State Park, so there was plenty to do! My husband & I hadn't been on a vacation in 2 yrs and this was the first time we actually were able to sit in & enjoy just relaxing at Villa Calma, something I would find hard to do at a hotel. It was the perfect serene getaway we both needed. THANK YOU!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I went to villa calma for our first anniversary, which also happened to be our first experience in the bemidji area. Immediately after arriving, we felt right at home. We stayed in the florence room and enjoyed the intimacy of having a private bathroom and our own balcony.

The breakfasts were perfect with mango soup and blueberry sausages. We are still talking about it 2 months later!

Since my wife and I enjoy the outdoors, we also rented kayaks from the local outdoor center at the university, only a few blocks away. Kayaking down the mississippi was a memory we won't forget (just prepare for the horseflies!).

All in all, it was the perfect getaway for us, and we'll definitely be back again.

• Stayed June 2012
washington dc usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night in July, while on our way to pick up our daughter at Concordia Language Village. Friendly and welcoming inn keepers, nice, clean and peaceful room, cheese and wine in the late afternoon and great breakfast in the morning made me feel right at home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Storrs, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Apart from our lovely room where we slept soundly in air-conditioned comfort during a heat wave, I particularly enjoyed the several public areas...an air-conditioned great room, a bright screen/windowed enclosed porch, a deck with umbrella tables, and a yard with a hammock on the tree-lined lane along the lake. My early rising husband was able to get his tea and write on the porch for a couple hours before I roused myself for breakfast. The suppertime wine and appetizers was a great touch. If you have special food needs, let them know as soon as you can and they will bend over backwards to please you! This looks like a wonderful option year round... quiet, but near campus and downtown both.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Near Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

A friend and I were biking the Paul Bunyan and Heartland trails, and treated ourselves to a night at a B&B in Bemidji. We had accumulated a number of questions about geography, history and agriculture, and our host, Harold, graciously made time in the evening and after breakfast the following day to answer the questions. Harold grew up and worked in the area, so was very knowledgeable. The room itself was fine, and the breakfast was excellent! We recommend chilling on the front deck after dinner, and enjoying the view east. The B&B is a 15-minute walk from downtown Bemidji, with its coffee shops and restaurants.
Bottom line: we would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stayed here for one night when I was in Bemidji for an event. It's a beautiful place, with a friendly host and comfortable rooms. The grounds are gorgeous, the big front deck looks out on Lake Bemidji, and there's an enclosed porch for chilly days.

They think of everything: wine and snacks (we had smoked salmon pate and crackers) in the early evening; popcorn any time; coffee ready at 7 a.m.; big fluffy robes in the room, and a basket of slippers by the front door.

It's right across the street from the lake and the lake path, and just a couple of quiet blocks from the heart of Bemidji. No reason to stay anywhere else, in my view.

Room Tip: We had the Venice room, since I was traveling with a friend and we needed two beds. The bathroom was...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Moorhead, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

A pre-business escape for my wife and I was enjoyed to the utmost in this beautiful B&B. Kim and Harold, our hosts, made us feel most welcome from check-in until departure the next day. This peaceful setting on Lake Bemidji was relaxing with a comfortable room and a breakfast that was superb. The ambience is a credit to the decorating skills possessed by our hosts.

Room Tip: The deck off the Florence is a great place to enjoy a warm morning.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Calma Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!