“Great Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Beaver Bay
Cuisines: American
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We come to the North Shore alot and stay at Cove Point Lodge. We visited Camp 61 Oct 2013 for the first time and we will definitely come back the next time we visit the North Shore. Fantastic food and great service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Silver Bay, Minnesota, United States
“Nice remodel, ok food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I'm local to the area and wanted to try the restaurant on the north shore. First time I had the steamed mussels, had enough garlic to terrify Dracula, Second trip was for the burger, good not great. Nice chips. Third time was for the fish taco, portion seemed small for the price, and service was really slow and there was only two other tables in dining room. The place is under new ownership and I take my hat off to them for the for the turn around in an old property, just needs a little tweaking.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
st paul, mn
“Nice atmosphere - good service and quality food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The wait staff were very attentive. There was a small wait to be seated and they updated us every few minutes to that status of our wait. That was very important and personable! The service continued to be very good once seated. The waitresses were extremely kind and helpful. Everyone in our party greatly enjoyed the food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Iowa
“Friendly Staff, Good Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We arrived early and there were only two other couples in the restaurant. After we received our drinks, four other couples were seated. ALL received their food ahead of us and the table next to us were actually getting ready to leave when we finally got our food! Not sure what happened there, but one of the couple ahead of us got their food late too. My husband had a pork chop and I had fish, so really do not know why it took so long. I ordered herring but was told the fishermen were struggling to catch them today so they were substituting Tilapia. Okay by me! It was $13.95, so reasonable. When it arrived, it looked nothing like the Tilapia I am used to, but there was a large portion and it was very good. My husband had a pork chop, $17.95. It was a large chop and at least an inch and a half thick, moist and a hint of smoke flavor. We both had wild rice that had sauteed carrots, celery and onion in it, so it was very good. We are on vacation, so opted for dessert. My husband had a mixed berry pie which was good. They said it was made there, but the crust edging looked like a frozen pie. I had chocolate cake. It was made in a bundt pan and a VERY small piece. With ice cream it was $4.95, which was too much for the size of this piece, but was very good. I just mentioned to the waitress that they may want to increase their cake servings a bit, and we ended up not getting charged for it. The waitresses were very friendly.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North Shore, Minnesota
“Local 1st timers. Will return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Heard lots of great things about this new addition to the neighborhood and my wife and I concur. Great service. Great food. More local beer would be a plus for me :) BBQ sandwich was tasty with the home made potato salad. Fish cake appetizer was a treat. Check 'me out!

Visited October 2012