“The owner is a thief” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Baxter
Scottsdale, Arizona
“The owner is a thief”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The owner of the hotel check me in. He personally did the transaction. Overcharged my card that I did not find out till later. It was done intensionally as I had specifically confirmed the charges a second time with him. Aggravation!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chanhassen. MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. Bedding and pillows were so bad I went to Kohls next door and bought new just for one night. Bathroom was disgusting they never cleaned the urine and hair around the toilet. Tub enclosure glued on over old tile, ceiling tile stained. No ice buckets, cups or glasses. Entry door falling off hinges and the whole place smells like old cigarettes. Stay clear.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here for a conference. Awful place to stay!!!!! Cigarette pack was in the room when we arrived. Urine stains and body hair on the sheets. We made them change the sheets again. The NEW sheets had urine stains, again!! They never apologized for the inconvenience!! Breakfast was bad, no food choices such as eggs, yogurt, etc. Bananas were old. Only thing available was cereal, stale bread, and waffles. The dining area was very dirty with food and crumbs on the floor and looked liked it had not been swept in a long time. Staff were not accommodating. Don't stay here unless you like sleeping on dirty, urine sheets. Bad place to stay!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Becker, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My family and I booked a week at this hotel. While we stayed we had no room service had to get our own shampoo, soap, liens, ect. We also had to take out our own trash. To top it off they never even changed our bedding the whole time we stayed there either. We finally ended up switching hotels. The breakfast also is a joke, they offer waffles for you to make your self. They offer batter in a cup, and you can cook an egg in the microwave. They are just ridiculous. Staff is very lazy, walking around with no shoe's bare feet. You have to stand at the front desk for hours to get any help. There is never anyone there. I would never stay here ever again, and recommend other's don't either. Why pay over eighty dollars a night and you don't get any services you do everything your self.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We booked our three day stay at this Rodeway Inn motel in Baxter, MN. This facility is very nice and clean for the price they offer. they have free continental breakfast ad rooms are really comfortable with LED TV sets and free wi-fi. I appreciate the attention to the questions that were asked to the front desk. I highly recomend this motel for guests who are willing to spend a day or two in this town.

Dan

Room Tip: Check in early and book your reservations in advance.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here over the Memorial day weekend. My hubby's family get together every year and camp at our gorgeous family plot just outside of Baxter. I have chronic pain issues so I need a real bed to sleep in each night.
I got a great rate due to the fact that I used to work in the industry and was able to get a friends & family rate of $39.00 a night.
The check in agent was nice and accommodating. I was able to get a first floor room (no elevator). I reserved a smoking room- for you smokers out there, this was the only hotel I know of in the area that still offers these.
Room was clean. Bed was clean and comfortable. Bathroom clean but old looking. Carpet and furniture good. A few minor housekeeping issues- fingerprints on chrome around lamp fixtures, and a sticky front on a dresser drawer. Being a former hotel manager, I screen hotels more thorough than the average guest. This place was clean where it counted.
I never tried the breakfast although they did offer a simple continental.

Two things: I did notice several guest room doors with a really big gap at the top. I'm glad I didn't get a room like that. You could hear guests clearly from inside the rooms.....the other thing, the halls smelled like Chinese food. Now it seemed this was a family run hotel which I believe were of Indian decent, but having never tried or smelled Indian food- I can't for sure say it was Indian food, but that's probably what it was. It wasn't really offensive, it just smelled like a kitchen in the hallways- not my room.

Hope this is a helpful review to someone.

• Stayed May 2012
Lester Prairie, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night. My traveling partner handled the check in so no comment on that.

The hotel is pretty basic, but easy to access, and the cheapest option in town on the date of our stay.
Our clean, bright white room, clockwise from the left:
Open rack hanger, the dresser/ stand for the smallish standard definition TV, round table with two chairs, mini fridge/freezer with microwave on top, window on the far wall. On the right side of the room we had 2 comfortable and clean enough double beds with 3 pillows each, a small desk between, and two peices of gold framed hotel art. On my immediate right is a split bathroom, toilet and tub/shower in a cramped room behind the door, sink on the outside, with hair dryer on the wall. Freebies: 2packets of "conditioning shampoo" and two "face and body" soap bars. Would have really liked to see some in room coffee, but no.

Continental breakfast consisted of waffles, toast, bagels, mini muffins, donuts, 3 cereals, coffee, and 2 juices. I would really have liked to see some fruit or hard boiled eggs or some "non processed grain"

There is a lobby bathroom, but the toilet didn't work very well (4 flusher, and not emptied) and there were no paper towels.

The hotel met my needs and I would return if it was the cheapest place in town.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn Baxter? Share your experiences!