“Cosmetic issues but clean.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Baxter
“Cosmetic issues but clean.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed here over the Memorial day weekend. My hubby's family get together every year and camp at our gorgeous family plot just outside of Baxter. I have chronic pain issues so I need a real bed to sleep in each night.
I got a great rate due to the fact that I used to work in the industry and was able to get a friends & family rate of $39.00 a night.
The check in agent was nice and accommodating. I was able to get a first floor room (no elevator). I reserved a smoking room- for you smokers out there, this was the only hotel I know of in the area that still offers these.
Room was clean. Bed was clean and comfortable. Bathroom clean but old looking. Carpet and furniture good. A few minor housekeeping issues- fingerprints on chrome around lamp fixtures, and a sticky front on a dresser drawer. Being a former hotel manager, I screen hotels more thorough than the average guest. This place was clean where it counted.
I never tried the breakfast although they did offer a simple continental.

Two things: I did notice several guest room doors with a really big gap at the top. I'm glad I didn't get a room like that. You could hear guests clearly from inside the rooms.....the other thing, the halls smelled like Chinese food. Now it seemed this was a family run hotel which I believe were of Indian decent, but having never tried or smelled Indian food- I can't for sure say it was Indian food, but that's probably what it was. It wasn't really offensive, it just smelled like a kitchen in the hallways- not my room.

Hope this is a helpful review to someone.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lester Prairie, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night. My traveling partner handled the check in so no comment on that.

The hotel is pretty basic, but easy to access, and the cheapest option in town on the date of our stay.
Our clean, bright white room, clockwise from the left:
Open rack hanger, the dresser/ stand for the smallish standard definition TV, round table with two chairs, mini fridge/freezer with microwave on top, window on the far wall. On the right side of the room we had 2 comfortable and clean enough double beds with 3 pillows each, a small desk between, and two peices of gold framed hotel art. On my immediate right is a split bathroom, toilet and tub/shower in a cramped room behind the door, sink on the outside, with hair dryer on the wall. Freebies: 2packets of "conditioning shampoo" and two "face and body" soap bars. Would have really liked to see some in room coffee, but no.

Continental breakfast consisted of waffles, toast, bagels, mini muffins, donuts, 3 cereals, coffee, and 2 juices. I would really have liked to see some fruit or hard boiled eggs or some "non processed grain"

There is a lobby bathroom, but the toilet didn't work very well (4 flusher, and not emptied) and there were no paper towels.

The hotel met my needs and I would return if it was the cheapest place in town.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
St. Cloud, mn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

So a couple friends and I were staying here and working an event in brainerd. seemed to be a good location and a good price. we came home late the first night and went right to bed.. we thought it smelt funny and wasnt super clean, but not too bad... UNTILL the next morning. while getting up we looked at the sheets and there were LITTERLY old blood stains on both beds in mult locations. it was GROSS.. then we noticed a huge semen stain on the blanket of one bed. when we called to get new bedding, he LITTERLY flipped out on us saying no becuse we should have told him last night and now it was too late. he litterly couldnt understand english and called us "LIARS" 3 times. never appoligized. we moved hotels but still had to pay. DONT do it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Jim Falls Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2009

My husband and I came for the Ice fishing contest for the first time. I booked our room online, this is the only hotel that would give us our military rate, everyone else wanted top dollar for thier rooms. Before arriving I had to call the hotel twice to ask questions about distance to contest, and hotel location. The desk personell were very polite and helpful before we even got there. After we arrived more of the same since we did not know the area they were very helpful, we also met the owners who also are very kind and helpful. The room was clean and the bed new and comfortable. I have stayed in higher priced hotels where I did not get a good nights sleep due to the bed. The breakfast was continental but much better than most hotels. This one had make your own waffles, bagels, muffins, donuts, cereal, toast, coffee, juices, milk. What more could you ask for? If you want a value priced, clean comfortable room I recommend the Rodeway Inn. I will be staying there again in 2010 and every year after that we come for the Ice fishing contest. Thank You for a nice stay!

• Liked — The price and the bed was very comfortable
  • Disliked — The snow and ice by the entrance was the only drawback
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Menomonie, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

This hotel had terrible reviews but turned out to be very nice. The bed was clean, the shower was clean, & the room was clean. The girl that wrote the previous review complaining about a guy named Jimmy, I met. He's part of management & is very nice. Anything we needed, they got us. We are going to stay here again next year. Unless you plan to lay on the bed & stare at the ceiling, it's a nice place to stay.

• Liked — Close to our activites
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2008

the rooms were terrible. the breakfast is two muffins and doughnuts with coffee thats old. there are many weird stains in the bed.

• Liked — internet
  • Disliked — rooms
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2007

I stayed here for a number of times..for a number of days...The room was filthy...the housekeepers...two old people..were very loud..and rude...I was walked in on many times by a guy named Jimmy....Especially when i didnt answer the door...Very rude people as well...always yelling at eachother...or at guests....The worst experience of my life....

Stayed September 2007

Been to Rodeway Inn Baxter? Share your experiences!