“Locally harvested and deliciously flavorful food.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Baxter
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
“Locally harvested and deliciously flavorful food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is my absolute lunch favorite! Soups are fabulous. Sandwiches amazing. I stick with the least expensive food and am always happiest. Supper is over priced and not nearly as good. Try the wood oven pizzas and bruschetta for two!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Amazing dining choices, fun atmosphere, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The tone is set as you enter the restaurant with birch logs lining entry and chefs visible working in a spotless kitchen. Service was excellent, beet salad wonderful, orange tomato soup so flavorful. I ordered root vegetables tempura which was mostly onion rings, little disappointing but had to do with my choice. Other foods excellent. Pot de crème sssooooo good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“It was okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This summer I have dined twice at this property. Once with a friend and once with our family group. Both times it was okay but not as expected from other reviews. The prices are high, in my estimation and the food only promises to be excellent and did not impress me. They have a good sounding menu and also vegan and gluten free items but nothing special about the food. Also, the service was slow and at one point there was basically no one else in the place when I had lunch with one other person. That is inexcusable to me.

My first time I had an appetizer of Smoked Chicken Strudel - which is an interesting melange of flavors I would say was good. My friend (vegan) had a salad that she found tasty. They also had a nice selection of some interesting non-alcoholic beverages that were refreshing.

The second visit was with a large group (14) in a side room. The room was late in being set up since the group before lingered. We dealt with that and they finally had it ready. However, it was a hot day and the A/C did not extend into the room plus one of the ceiling fans was broken so it got mighty warm and uncomfortable once we closed the doors for privacy. Since we were meeting at an early dinner time, it was okay to open the doors but that was not our choice.

The service for the large group was also very very slow and since they knew that we had the group coming two servers from the beginning would have been more appropriate. One server for 14 people is not a winning situation. We weren't in a hurry so that worked out but it was disappointing to place the burden on one server - who did an admirable job. And the slow service with water and drinks, plus asking for more bread (since our meal was so slow in coming) did not make me pleased. Since bread was to be on the tables when we arrived and there were 14 people one would think they should plan appropriately. Eventually another server arrived around the time for desert but by then we had eaten our main course. Maybe that was why the other group was slow in getting out of the room too?

The food, while interesting, was only okay for my taste. But, they did have a lot of options for the vegan/gluten free guests. My one comment is that they seem like they are all frozen entrees and re-heated and not fresh tasting. Or really really too many options in their kitchen to be done efficiently. Don't know that for certain but it is my assumption from the taste and why they were only warm and not hot. Again, the lack of staff could contribute to this.

I will end the comments only to say that I would not recommend it specifically to anyone and only say that if you are vegan and gluten free and just have to go out to eat, this might work for you. It just doesn't for me.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brainerd
“My Favorite Brainerd Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Love it! A great place to eat for something different but not pretentious. I love the relaxed atmosphere with great food and usually good service. The menu changes and stays fresh.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Loved this restaurant....can't wait to return. I had an amazing salad, wish I could remember the name! Next time, I want to try their pizza, they looked amazing!!!

Visited July 2013