“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 8 hotels in Baxter
Duluth, Minnesota
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Great right from the start. We went there with girls basketball team, coaches, etc. so 30+ people. Rooms reserved and ready for us. Our check in was great. Took a while but very organized. I dont know she was able to keep all that info straight and get everyone in room. Nice job! Very clean and comfortable rooms. Everything we needed. Hotel in general was up to date, nice decore and comfortable. Water park was great for our 24 girls to unwind in. Breakfast was great and stocked th e whole time. I would certainly recommend this hotel. We had a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Tent to have alot of little feet wandering around, since they have a water park. Ask for a room hig...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your patronage to our facility. We strive to bring the same check in experience whither there is one person or 30 people checking in. I'm very happy to see that we brought you that experience. I will pass on your great comments about our facility to the staff. Again thank you for choosing us for your team stay!

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My family visited Brainerd/Baxter recently and were able to visit the waterpark at the Holiday Inn Express. We were really impressed! It is all indoor and is very well designed to accomodate both small children and adults. My 2 year old and I both had a blast! Will definitely be returning on future visits and will recommend this hotel to stay for anyone I know needing accomodations when visiting the Brainerd Lakes area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I'm very happy to hear of the wonderful time you had at the Three Bear Waterpark. We strive for excellence everytime and look forward to your future stays with us in the Brainerd Lakes Area.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We spent a night at this property in one of the double bunk family suites. Overall, the hotel is new, clean, and appears to be well-run. Staff was friendly and helpful, and came through with toothbrushes when we forgot ours. We loved the water park, which had plenty of activities for both younger and teenage kids. The included breakfast was very nice and included smoked sausage, cheese omelets, hard boiled eggs,cinnamon rolls, and much more.
The only maintenance/housekeeping issues we noticed were minor, and included: excess dust buildup on the bathroom mirror, a bent-down shower curtain rod, extremely slow tub drain, non-working remote in the kids bunk room, and pillows labeled "firm"and "soft" that were all firm.
Our kids loved the bunk room and had a great time at the water park. We had a great stay at this Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your review and I'm excited that overall you had a wonderful stay. I'm happy that we could please a frequent traveler like you. I will take the matters with housekeeping and maintenance very serious and to heart. We've been addressing those matters this season with deep cleaning and room cares to our rooms. Once again thank you for staying with us and for your observations to better improve our services.
Long Prairie, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our families first time to this hotel / water park. The parking was convieniant to the rooms.We were greeted and given great directions to all the things we needed to know. The room was large and lovely ~ The ever sceptical 12 year old liked the room, the gameroom, and the waterpark ! As a Mom I didn't like the beer advertizing over the watertube shoots ~ tacky ! Food in the 3 Bears Water Park was good, glad there was something close as you get really hungry running up and down all those stairs ! Breakfast buffet was wonderful ~ even my fussy eater could find something he would eat and he got to pick it himself ! We will be going back .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I'm glad to see that overall you had a wonderful stay at our hotel and waterpark and I appreciate your opinion on the advertising above the waterslides. It is always great to get a different perspective; I will definitely look into making a change on the advertising. I hope to see you soon when you up in the Brainerd Lakes Area.
Fargo, ND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

My only complaint was that the bathtub stopper didn't work. But in the hotel's defense, I didn't contact them about it. Although I was only able to stay 1 night because of work, it was great! I always love staying at this place. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your review and continued patronage to our hotel. We strive for excellence every time and I'll definitely make sure that maintenance runs through and checks our bathroom stoppers; otherwise a shower can turn into a bath very quickly. Enjoy your holidays.
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was in town on business and stayed at this lovely property. The hotel is in a great location - close to many restauarants and shops. It was very clean, comfortable and inviting.My room was very large. I was travelling by myself and I felt very safe staying in this hotel. The staff was courteous, friendly and professional. My only note is that they seem to need more help at the front desk as every time I came or went from the hotel the front desk clerk was on the phone. As I could overhear their end of the conversation I could hear that they were booking birthday parties. I could understand why as the hotel has a fabulous indoor waterpark. So, in addition to taking care of the guests at the hotel, the front desk staff had to handle future reservations as well. I still give this hotel a 5 star rating as it is a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your review about your recent visit to our hotel. I'm happy to see that you found your stay enjoyable and convenient to area restaurants. I will take your suggestions to heart and speak to our Front Desk Manager to see how we can better improve our Front Desk by maybe allocating some additional duties elsewhere, because we definitely want to insure that our staff has the time to provide great service to our in house guests. I'm happy to hear that the staff on duty was still able to provide that and we will definitely work on improving that aspect. Have a great day and we look forward to seeing you again.
everywhere, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Hotel room was nice, spacious bathroom, room was nice....breakfast was busy, not enough help to wipe tables...gameroom was nice....One of the pools that come from the waterslide is shallow, and elbows were scraped up, but friendly staff supplied bandaids and sauve.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your review, I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your room and waterpark experience. And thank you for your observation with your breakfast experience, I will certainly look at that as we strive for cleanliness in all aspects of our property. Once again thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter? Share your experiences!