“Nice...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes

You added Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes to your Saves list
Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6967 Lake Forest Rd, Baxter, MN 56425 (Formerly Lodge At Brainerd Lakes)   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Baxter
Minnesota
“Nice...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The rooms are very, very big. Somewhat cozy. There are 2 flat screen TV's in each room and the rooms are more like suites then just rooms. Log furniture, fridges, microwaves and coffee-makers.
A pretty good breakfast on weekdays, but get there fast because they close down at 9 am! Way too early, in my opinion. No free breakfast on the weekends.
CONS...Our room was very DUSTY! There was only one small mirror in the sink/bathroom area. Our sink wouldn't drain well. They would be wise to put at least one more mirror in the room, and a full length mirror would be appreciated.

Room Tip: They have rooms that have 2 bedrooms in them for large families.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. I am sorry to hear that your room was dusty. We take pride in our cleanliness and to hear that you didn't feel that upon entering your room is disappointing. I will follow up with my Executive Housekeeper.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will choose to stay with us in the future.

Carolyn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stopped for dinner on the advice of a friend. We found the drinks to be minuscule: the liquor didn't even reach the halfway point of the glass, and for that we were charged $7.00. The food was good, and our server was lovely but that didn't mitigate the manager's defensiveness and lack of willingness to do anything to improve the situation. My advice: STAY AWAY!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Carolyn B, General Manager at Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. I have received an email from your friend regarding your experience. The drinks you received are not standard drinks and the supervisor you encountered, who was not the manager, did not treat you or the situation the way that they are trained to. I would like to apologize and would ask you to contact me so I may hear the full encounter and hopefully make this right because I would like you both to experience the restaurant in a positive light the way your friend did previously.

Carolyn Bare
Carolyn.bare@arrowwoodbrainerd.com
New Brighton, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We had 7 adults in the Cinema room and it was very nice. 1 king with hot tub, 2 queens and a pull out couch in a large separate living room. 3 nice HD TV's including one 60" but not a lot of actual HD channels and the other channels were very grainy. Mini Fridge was larger than most. And the water park was great. We were in town for a bowling tournament and had an issue with the local cab company. The hotel was great to jump in and give us ride. Great service and friendly staff. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Carolyn B, General Manager at Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us how we are doing. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
Babbitt, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We hosted a regional event at the Lodge. The location was easy to find and rather updated, but the hunting theme of the resort was bit much. Taxidermy animals line the walls and halls. The event space is also L shaped, making it a little awkward, but we made it work. The event staff were attentive and the food was great. I guess I have mixed reviews about using this space as an event space in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. It is nice to hear the food and service was great. The hunting theme is what sets us apart and am sorry it was a bit overwhelming for you. We hope that your company will continue to hold events here in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Greated by very friendly hotel staff that made it easy to check in early. Found a very nice, spacious, clean room. Went down to the pool right away and were hit with the overwhelming chlorine fumes before we even opened the entry doors. I expected to encounter some because of an informational flyer I received at check in, but WOW! This was the strongest I have EVER encountered and I have been in a lot of pools.
We also noticed that as we walked into the waterpark, the air temperature was no warmer than the hotel hallway. Then we stepped into the pool and Brrrrrrrr! It was a coldish day outside, but it's Minnesota... turn the heat up... this was our family vacation to go somewhere "warm" after a long sub-zero winter. :( I actually went to the waterpark desk and expressed my concern about the temperature. Teenager with a blank stare said, "cold day." Day two was even colder thanks to the indoor/outdoor hot-tub having the separator locked. This made everyone have to get out if the spa and open a door to outside (this door is right next to the toddler area) in order to experience the hot-tub outide. This meant that the door was opening at least once every two minutes... blasting us and our toddler with freezing cold air. If that wasn't enough to make us leave, the chlorine was REALLY getting to each of us in our own way. 2 year old coughing and gagging with small rash. Husband with rash and cold-like symptoms. And me with itching and burning eyes (this lasted for 3 days).
Also noticed that anyone over the age of about 8 got bored quickly and started causing mischief or rough-housing, which sucks when you have a toddler that gets in their way. Maybe I have been spoiled by the Wisc. Dells lifeguards, but these lifeguards were like zombies standing in one place, starting off into space, or socializing with each other. I heard the whistle blow maybe 5 times in two days?
Conclusion... really nice hotel, but waterpark is small, cold, and needs to update to saltwater. Next year it's back to The Dells.

• Stayed March 2014
Carolyn B, General Manager at Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review us and letting us know how your stay was. I am happy to hear that your experience with the rooms and staff were friendly and clean. I am sorry to hear that your experience with the waterpark was less than satisfactory.

We do our best to try and keep all guests happy when it comes to temperature and air flow in our facility. You did the right thing in going to one of our staff members and letting them know how you were feeling, to hear they did not communicate that to their Manager is disappointing. We are regulated with our chemical levels so though we cannot change those we can change the air flow and part of that is closing the door between the indoor and outdoor hot tub. With this closed it keeps the hot tub from steaming and having even more chemicals in the air during colder days. We have a solution that will allow for this door to be open all year so you will not have to go out of the tub to go to the outside. I am sorry this was not in place when you stayed with us.

We take pride in our customer service and guest experience. I will pass along your review to our Manager and talk with them regarding our guest interaction. Thank you again for telling us about your experience and hope that you come back.
Champlin, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed at the Arrowwwood Lodge for a weekend hockey tournament, and had also been here previously. The main attraction for the hotel was the waterpark. Unfortunately every adult and child in our group got bad rashes and were sick from swimming in the pool on the second night. It was almost as if it was a chemical burn, taking a shower immediately after swimming for the night did help those that were able to shower right away. There were no problems with the pool the first night, so obviously something happened. Either there was way too much chlorine, or not enough. I've had a pool in the past and our pool company told us if we could smell chlorine, it usually meant there was not enough chlorine in the water. This pool smelled like chlorine so bad the second night some people had to leave the area as it was irritating their eyes and throat. Otherwise, the hotel staff were great. Usually hockey teams are loud, obnoxious, and annoying, and that's the adults!! The staff were helpful to the kids, and for the most part the kids weren't running around yelling and screaming. The adults sat in a nice room off the lobby drinking and telling stories until the wee hours of the morning, and the staff were understanding as we were not too loud, at least not loud enough for them to get complaints. The rooms were spacious and clean, and I really liked the "cabin feel" to the decor. Others were not so fond of it, but you can't please everyone. It also would have been nice to have a continental breakfast included, but one was available. We ended up going out for all meals anyway. Overall it was a good hotel, but the weekend experience was tainted by the second night's problems with the waterpark. Without that problem, my rating would have been better.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for telling us about your experience. I am sorry that you and others had a reaction to the waterpark. Let me assure you that we have all chemicals monitored manually and electronically 8-10 times a day. We are also regulated by the State of Minnesota on what our levels have to be. If these levels are ever too high or too low we immediately shut down until they are in the proper levels.

I am happy to hear that you had a nice time and had positive interactions with our staff. I will pass this along to all the departments so all staff knows how important each and every interaction with a guest is.

You are correct, not every individual likes the décor at our facility. We do feel however, it makes our facility warm, inviting and unique.

Thank you for all of your input. We will use this to improve all areas and do hope that you come back and visit us again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

As the title says we have stayed here many years but this year was different. When we arrived we were greeted by a group standing out in front of the main entrance, smoking and blocking the way in. We managed to get around them with our luggage and thru the door without any of them moving out of the way or helping to open the door which they were blocking. After three trips in trying to get thru the smoke and people I had enough and told them that the area to stand outside and smoke was over by the Bar entrance and not by the front door blocking everybody that is trying to check in. One of them made a sarcastic remark of "Well maybe you should pick up smoking and it wouldn't bother you so much" which in turn made everyone of them chuckle. That was enough for me, I went right inside and found the maintenance guy standing by the front counter and told him that people were blocking the front door and that we had to walk thru a cloud of smoke every time we went thru the door. He told me he would check on it. After unloading I also tried to find a parking spot but ended up parking way out to the very far east end of the lot to get a spot. (which in the years past we have never had to park so far away) Later we found out a wedding or company party was going on and that is why there were no parking spots, because early the next morning I went out and saw a lot of spaces open now. Also the front sidewalk was littered with cigarette butts. I think that they could have told the party to park at the water park parking lot because there was very little people in the park that night. I would think that the spots out front should be for Over Night Guests. Also this year the room rate increased, no water park package (Free pizza and pop to overnight guests and some arcade coins for the kids), and no free breakfast on the weekends anymore. Also we had some friends check in about a 1/2 hr later and they also had to go thru the cloud of smoke and people to check in. Another thing our room was not very clean with something left on the carpet and bathroom floor sticky, not sure what it was but we left our shoes on just about the whole entire time. All and all we have enjoyed our past stays here but with the issues that we had this year we may look elsewhere next year. Also I would like to add that I wrote a review almost immediately and trip advisor never posted it or responded back to why they have not posted it, so I have tried again. We will see if they post this on or not.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I am sorry that you did not have the experience you have had in the past. We do offer the package that you had spoke about on Sunday's. It is called our Splash Sunday package and includes the room and waterpark passes as well as a 16" 1 topping pizza, pitcher of soda and arcade tokens. We also offer complimentary breakfast on the weekdays.

I would like to apologize for the encounters you had with other guests. We did have a wedding that day and though they do have a separate area to smoke there are some that gravitate for the front doors. We have and will continue to ask them to move to their designated area but this is not always received by the guests.

We do hope that you will consider staying with us again since you have had a number of good stays prior to this. Thank you again for letting us know how we can improve for all of our guests.

Been to Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes? Share your experiences!