“Wonderful plentiful food.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Brainerd, Minnesota
“Wonderful plentiful food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We went to a late lunch on a weekday after Christmas. They were not busy at 2 p.m. so our server was very attentive and he had a great sense of humor. We had another couple with us. We were all served promptly and courteously and the food was fabulous. I had chili rellenos, which I had never tried and it was amazing! (I ordered it the following week at another local popular Mexican restaurant and it was nowhere near as good.)

They have recently redecorated and it is bright and colorful. I would certainly recommend trying El Tequila. I think if they were in a more prominent location they would be much busier and they could hire more staff.

We have been there maybe 5 or 6 times and never been disappointed. They usually have good coupons in the local saver magazines too.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

42% Recommend
Omaha, Nebraska
“Not the best mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This place was rate very well as being authentic. Our server was borderline rude, mostly in a hurry and walked off as I was in the middle of my order. We had to waive him down later to finish ordering. The food was average and not very appealing. I would not eat here again.

Visited September 2013
Fargo, ND
“VERY good!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The food was DELISH, the service was great, and the atmosphere is authentic mexican. If you want a tasty and relaxing meal at a reasonable price, please try this place. You'll love it!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brainerd
“If I'm Craving Mexican - I Want This”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food is authentic. The menu is HUGE! They keep the eating area very clean. They might be a bit under staffed, but they really try. The value is right on. When I want Mexican - I want this!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nisswa, Minnesota
“El Tequila, an up and down experience!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I recently visited El Tequila here in Brainerd. My wife loves mexican and was excited to give it a try. The facility has a wide open layout which means having a private coversation can be a challenge. That being said if you're out with a larger group or family it wouldn't be an issue. The food was very good but the staff was clearly overwhelmed and the service was slow. I'm a beer drinker and when I sit for twenty minutes with an empty glass my patience grows a little thin. I would return but given our circumstnace would porbably choose a midweek visit to avoid the crowd. In the end if you have a craving for good, fresh mexican/southwest food it has to be recomended.

• Visited April 2013