“Excellent stay. ” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Baxter
“Excellent stay. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Traveling through the area and decided to stay here. King bed was great, room and hotel were decorated nicely. Great free, hot breakfast with a couple of bar and grills within walking distance. Would definitely stay again!! Didn't check out the waterpark

Stayed August 2014
RapidRiverLodge, Owner at Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Karen, Thank you your wonderful response to our survey. We do so much family business during the summer it especially nice to hear from a guest that enjoyed our property when the water park wasn't the top priority. We’re proud of our property and love it when we hear such positive comments about the Up North decor and the clean comfortable beds. As I'm sure you saw, we now put both soft and firm pillows on the beds so you can get that at home feeling and a comfortable night’s sleep. All the beds and bedding are brand new and I love the way the new look really pops when you enter the room. I hope you had a chance to visit Prairie Bay Grill right next door, they are very well known throughout the Midwest for their great food and menu. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast too! Thank you for staying with us, I hope you can return soon, Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
St. Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

We went for a a mini overnight trip and stayed there because of the little waterpark. I have to say that the room, a suite, was beautifully decorated and Very Clean!! It had a little mini refrigerator and microwave. A delicious breakfast was served in the am. The waterpark is so much fun. My daughter who is in a wheelchair must have gone down the lazy river 30 times, and was shrieking with laughter every time she went thru the rapids and waterfalls. We were there on a Monday and it was extremely quiet. In fact we were there for 2 1/2 hours and saw only a handful of people. Very relaxing!! I know they can be really busy, especially during the weekends, but this was a perfect time. Large indoor slide and a themed kids wading pool area. Basketball hoops and balls are also provided for your fun. Highly recommend. Front desk very friendly and very helpful.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
RapidRiverLodge, Owner at Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Sandra, Thank you for the wonderful review. Just like I always say-You saw the magic! Kids playing in the water park are creating lifelong memories and I see it everyday, it never gets tiring. We call it the magic because that's what it is, sheer excitement. You're right on about mid week stays being so relaxing, and the value is outstanding compared to weekends. If it works into peoples schedules it's always a much better deal and sometimes it can be like a personal water park without the crowds. We're very proud of our hotel and every staff member goes above and beyond to see everyone enjoys their stay and comments like yours about friendly staff go a long way towards staff morale. If you watch our website we run some great fall specials, maybe a second trip is in order? Thank you again for being our guest, I hope you can return soon. Mark
Bozeman, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We spent our last night of our Bemidji to Brainerd Paul Bunyan trail tour here in early July. The room was very clean, cozy and not outdated. The air worked great on a got day. The water park is well...indoors...and in a fairly small area, possibly a bit outdated but all I know and care about is that my 4 year old daughter and 7 year old son had the time of their life so the whole place was a very big success for us. If you're looking for a good place to eat nearby checkout the Black Bear Lodge and Saloon which is just a short walk away.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
RapidRiverLodge, Owner at Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
You were touched by the magic!!! It's hard to explain that look until you've seen it. I see it everyday and it never gets tiring. The pure magic on youngsters faces is priceless and the memories they'll have are for life. Many times people ask if they're children are too young to enjoy the park and my answer is always the same-The younger the better. One whole half of our water park is designed for younger children and they have a ball playing in it. Thank you for the wonderful comments and thank you for being our guest, I hope you can return soon, Mark
Duluth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We had a fabulous time at this great hotel. The Waterpark was a big hit with the kids. There was many water activity choices for kids of all ages. My nephews and niece loved the waterslides and lazy river the most. They also were impressed with the great taste and variety of choices at the continental breakfast. The rooms were spacious even for a group of six. We also thought the fridge and microwave were an added plus to the room.
We were right off the lobby and the noise level was very minimal, we heard nearly nothing from other guests outside our room. We would definitely come back here.

• Stayed July 2014
RapidRiverLodge, Owner at Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank YOU for the fabulous review. I'm so happy to hear how much your niece and nephews enjoyed the water park, kids really do have a ball in there. We, as well as the entire Choice Hotels system, has made a real effort to improve on an already good breakfast over the last year or so and it's great to hear when our guests are happy with it. There are a lot of choices now from not that many years ago when it was a cup of orange juice and a roll. We now have 20+ items to chose from. The wonderful "grandma's kitchen" type smell of those waffles drives me nuts everyday:) I was glad to read you were happy with the room size and amenities in there, and especially the lack of outside noise you stated. We try hard to see everyone has a good experience when they come see us. Thank you for being our guest, please return soon. Mark
Midwest USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We enjoyed 2 nights here. The hotel is easy to get to, in a central location to many area attractions, shopping, lakes and places to eat. The Up North decor is appropriate for the feel of the woods in northern MN. The lobby was welcoming with nice, furniture, river rock wall and fireplace. All staff were friendly. We didn't use the water features, but many others were enjoying them.
The breakfast area is small. It fit into our plans to have early breakfasts and avoid the crowds since we saw many families. Maybe when they remodel they'll move 2 overstuffed chairs and end table and add more seating for breakfast guests. There was a good food assortment and I particularly appreciated the fresh fruit. I don't eat eggs on a buffet, but these were good. They were oval shaped egg patties that fit right onto an english muffin and actually tasted good. That surprised me. One day there were sausages and the next ham slices.
Later I saw snacks available to purchase and that was a good idea as I've seen other hotels not have that.
We slept good, even on the sofa bed and actually found it comfortable! I attribute that to the pillows, arranged just right to provide a good nights sleep! The A/C unit was a newer model and we set it to be on all night and provide good circulation since the bathroom didn't have an exhaust fan to remove humidity after showers. It was also good background noise and we did not hear doors closing with guests coming and going. There was plenty of seating and space with the sofa, coffee table, a table with 2 chairs and a low half wall room divider. There was a flat screen TV and a good size refrigerator and counter area. I joined the Choice Privileges rewards program so that made check in and check out faster and I look forward to some future savings. I read comments about upcoming remodeling and that will refresh the rooms. It's important that be done. One suggestion is that the showers need a curved shower rod so the curtain does not stick to your legs.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
RapidRiverLodge, Owner at Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
SandyFeet, Thank you for the wonderful, and very thorough, review. We do our best to project a clean family atmosphere upon arrival and that giant fireplace and Up North lobby decor you mentioned gets many great comments . Summer weekends can get pretty crazy sometimes but we are lucky in that the water park brings in a lot of family travelers with children. Usually they are so exhausted from all the fun they have in the water park that they fall to sleep soon after getting to their rooms:) Your breakfast comments were very nice also in that we do our best to use top quality products and while we may never be as good as a fresh, home cooked breakfast we are proud of our quality and choices. Thank you again for all the nice comments but most of all thank you for being our guest, I hope you will return soon. Mark
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this property July 12 and it was a very enjoyable stay. Every employee we had contact with was very professional and very courteous. Our room was spacious, bed comfortable and furnishings well appointed.
The water park was so much fun and relaxing, the water slides were such a stress reliever that we just wanted to keep cycling though over and over again. The outdoor jacuzzi and the snack bar for food was a nice convenience also.
About the only downfall was a fairly small breakfast area but, the food was good and continually well stocked.
Thank you to all there for a very nice stay.
Plan to stay there again the very next time we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for all the nice comments. A "professional and courteous staff" is what we try very hard to project. Our staff has been with us for a while and a comment like yours goes a long way to brighten their day. I always make sure all reviews are available for everyone to see as it really indicates what's important to our guests, and in turn, important to us. I also liked your comment about the slides being a great stress reliever, they really are fun for all ages of folks. I hope you get a chance to return soon! Mark
Queen Creek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was the best hotel we stayed at over a 17-day trip with our three children. First of all, it is super clean and seems brand new. The decor is wonderful and you feel like you are in a mountain lodge retreat (room decor was even better than the Great Wolf Lodge!) The breakfast was good.....cereals, waffles, hard boiled eggs, etc. The best part was the water park. We were there on a weekday and we were the only people in the whole water park. Still, even though it was just us, there were still 2 lifeguards there. They had 2 fun water slides, a lazy river, a pool, an indoor/outdoor hot tub and a fun water playground area for the kids. I noticed they also have a snack bar in the waterpark area and also a video arcade upstairs. Also, the hotel is near quite a few restaurants and fast food places. The staff was extra friendly, too. If you are even near this area, I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Angelia, When I saw " The Best Hotel In A 16 Day Hotel Adventure" I was excited to read the review. I just returned this morning from a vacation myself and you made it a wonderful first day. I can't begin to say how much it means to us when a guest takes their time to say as many nice things as you did. I wish more people would take advantage of the lower Sunday rates to enjoy the water park, it's a super deal and very seldom is it real busy. Thank you again, I hope you can return soon! Mark

Been to Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge? Share your experiences!