“Owner didn't honor agreement.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Northwoods Inn

Northwoods Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barnum
Northwoods Inn
Save Saved
You added Northwoods Inn to your Saves list
3716 Main Street, Barnum, MN 55707   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Barnum B&B and Inns
Zimmerman
“Owner didn't honor agreement.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Be sure to get an email or written confirmation for the agreed price. By phone, I was given a discount for a 2 night stay rather than just one night. When we arrived they argued, "We never give that price!" I didn't have it in writing so i just paid the regular price. Other than that, our 6 person cottage was very clean and comfortable!

• Stayed August 2014

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We arrived late at night. Owner was very courteous even though I am sure we woke him. Room was clean, the beds were very comfortable, the towels and linen fairly new and good quality. The room was reasonably priced - well worth the cost. I would stay there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014
Barnum
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Owners of the small motel/Inn were extremely rude. If you are in a wheel chair, or have children with you, DO NOT STAY HERE! The normal in and out activities that come with children are not welcome. Wheel chair users beware. The Northwoods Inn considers the dirt off the pavement in their parking lot, to be the fault of the individual in the chair for bringing any particals of dirt onto their carpeting. Rediculous and highly unprofessional. Room was left neat and clean, even collected the trash up for them (small bag), and recieved a call that she (owner), was going to call her lawyer and the police, because of a night time departure(didn't wait until next morning), and how the room was ruined. Do yourself a favor, KEEP DRIVING!!!

Room Tip: Please don't waste your time.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Barnum hotels

Rhinebeck, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We'd stayed at the North Woods several times over the years and had a great time. Last summer we went back. The place had new owners and they were nasty! They had overbooked the cabin we had and so they did everything possible to get rid of us. One evening when we were sitting on the porch with my mom, who lives in Moose Lake, the owner (husband?) came up on the porch and started yelling at us about how we were taking someone else's cabin even though we'd paid for the full week. He was so frightening that my mom and my daughter went inside the cabin and my son came out because he thought I needed protection. We asked for a couple of things -- like extra blankets -- and they acted like we were Martians, grousing about it and bringing it up over and over.
We left that cabin so clean that you could eat off the floor. We don't believe in paying tit for tat. But these folks created a horrendous vacation for us.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
emerald710, Owner at Northwoods Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I have already commented as much as I would like on these prejudiced individuals! That is being as professional as I can be after reading what they posted! Still people will be mean and nasty no matter how much our country progresses or in their case degresses!

My husband and I plan to sell this inn due to individuals like these! Being Native American and owning a small business is the worst thing I have ever done in Minnesota! It is really challenging to stay positive and upbeat when you get rudeness and guests who disrespect all your efforts to make sure they are comfortable and taken care of! I look forward to saying goodbye and only after 5 short years!
Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed one night at the Northwoods Inn. The room was old but comfortable, large and clean. It had been recently updated with a nice flat screen tv. The air conditioning was old and very loud and noisy. If you read the owners manual, they scare you with a lot of rules. We couldn't help notice that there is to be no smoking within 25 feet of the hotel (which we think is a good rule) or you will be fined, but we saw one owner standing right outside the front office (only 3-4 feet) door smoking the next morning. There is a coffee maker but no continental breakfast. In order to compete with the nicer motels in the area, they need to either lower their prices or add a breakfast room. The view is OK from the lower level compared to some motels. For better views ask for the top level.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011 via mobile

Loved our stay until we got a call a couple of hours after we checked out saying we had ruined all the towels in our room. The towels were fine when we left and we did not even use each towel. The owner was so upset I offered to pay for the towels. Super bummed because the room was cute clean and close to the bike trails. We had already planned our next stay. Unfortunately after the towel phone call we will not be back.

• Stayed July 2011
Granite Falls, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

Our family stayed in three different rooms in this wonderful inn. We were in town for Barnum's high school graduation and the high school is within walking distance.

Beautiful view of woods and Bear Lake. Rooms were spotless, beds and linens laundry fresh. (I do check mattresses and you needn't be wary of staying here!)

Shane and Penny are friendly, hard-working folks. Whether you come to town for business, or personal reasons, you can count on Northwoods Inn for reasonably priced, comfortable accomodations.

Although WiFi is not available, I travel with my own broadband, so was able to combine a family trip with computer work.

Connie Mace

Room Tip: Upper level rooms have best view of lake.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Northwoods Inn? Share your experiences!