Very disappointing experience. Summary in order of observations:
1) scan luggage through X-ray machine - certainly not required in any UAE hotels! Is Oman more dangerous??
2) wait for staff to stop checking on the phone.
3) no welcome drink or cool towels
4) directions to room poor, get lost. Signage atrocious
5) once out of the lobby area, looks like a 3 star hotel - narrow corridors, low ceilings, smudged commercial elevators, corner guards etc
6) finally find room - long walk! Very disappointing - dated decor. Most importantly, room smells musty and moldy. AC is not on, so it's warm. Yuck!
7) bathroom - again, cheap and dated. Smelly. Sad tiny shower head. Made-in-china toiletries
8) call for service - takes for ever. Have to call again
9) walk around outside - grounds smell strongly of sewage - very unpleasant!
10) check out the dinner buffet - looks really poor quality. Very much 3 star hotel level.
All-in-all, for the price, highly disappointing hotel. Does not come close to stacking up against Middle East nor Asian competition!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Shangri La's Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa-Al Bandar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri La`s Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa-Al Bandar Hotel Muscat Governorate
- Shangri La`s Barr Al Jissah Resort And Spa-Al Bandar
- Shangri Las Muscat
- Shangri La Muscat
- Shangri La Oman
- Shangri La Hotel Oman
- Shangri La Hotel Muscat
- Shangri Las Al Bandar