“It's definitely a Coney Island” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 148 Restaurants in Ypsilanti
Cuisines: American
Livonia, Michigan
“It's definitely a Coney Island”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Decent food, decent prices, always consistently a good spot for lunch. The burgers are good, the omelettes are good and they have a wide variety of sandwiches and salads. Not bad when you need a quick spot for lunch!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Boise, Idaho
“Dinner Style Food and Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

After a morning of furniture shopping it was highly recommended by the salesman to go to a Coney Island for lunch. We found the nearest location and were seated in a booth. This is a dinner style restaurant and serves a very large selection of breakfast items. . We had the Coney Dog, good dogs and the chili was real chili, not running or watery as we have found at other establishments. The fries were cook to a slight crispy exterior and soft interior, good fries for plan old fries. The chicken Pita was very good, and was made with specific taste requested, exactly as ordered! The Caesar salad with chicken was well prepared, the chicken cooked to perfection and not rubbery or dry. The server was pleasant and attentive enough to keep our beverages full and made sure our orders were acceptable for us. I would eat at this or other Coney Island locations if I am in the mood for dinner style food.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Best breakfast...anywhere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Been going to Luca's (on Washtenaw) for several years. The breakfast specials are excellent, and the waitstaff is primarily family, so it makes you feel good when you dine regularly, because they remember your order, and most times they just tell me "Your order will be right up!" Love that. Frank (the owner) will get to know you and sometimes will sit and chat with you. It's an excellent place to get your day started!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“Good Patty Melts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

While we ate at the Luca's Coney Island in AUBURN HILLS, MICHIGAN, Trip Advisor doesn't have it in its data base, so I will review under a different Luca's! The patty melt I enjoyed on 10-7-12 in Auburn Hills was delicious; one of the best I have had. I had onion rings to go with it and they were also great; plentiful and shared with my husband. The open faced roast beef sandwich and mashed potatoes my husband ordered were not up to his standards! He said the gravy was way to salty and the beef not that good. The potatoes didn't look good, so I don't think they could have tasted much better! I would have ordered a Coney Island Dog, but they don't serve Nathan's hot dogs!!!! Being from the South, I had never heard of the brand the waitress named. I would go back here again. (This seemed to be a neighborhood favorite because all the people who came in seemed to know the owner and were greeted with a smile and hug!)

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Crappy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Worst experience ever. I paid over $16 for two dinners to go and I received a pita bread with pieces of meat, a half cup of veggies and tomato slices. The second was a piece of bread with 5 thin chicken fingers and a half cup of veggies. I'm livid and never going back. It;s ridiculous to pay that much for TRASH.

• Visited August 2012