“Best Nature Trail!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Detroit/Greenfield KOA

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ypsilanti
Detroit/Greenfield KOA
You added Detroit/Greenfield KOA to your Saves list
6680 Bunton Road, Ypsilanti, MI 48197   |
Orlando
“Best Nature Trail!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Of all the campgrounds I have been to, this former KOA has the best nature trail. It is a good 20 minute walk around the beautiful lake, and I must have walked the dogs around at least five times in one day! (I do a lot of walking.) It was peaceful and serene. The lady that I spoke to in the camp store was very friendly and helpful. The only thing I would love for them to add is a Jacuzzi. I will definitely come back when I am in Michigan again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kentland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

A trip to The Henry Ford along with camping brought us and some friends to this campground. Before leaving home had researched and thought we would stay here. Later decided to check reviews and began to wonder if we were making a mistake. But not wanting to drive an hour to get to Dearborn, we decided to go ahead and stay here. Very pleasantly surprised from the reviews when we drove in. Greeted at the entrance with very friendly lady, got to the office and again greeted by all who were in there. When we were registering was asked if we wanted a lake site so decided to take it. Our friends who originally were going to located a motel since they did not come with camper decided to stay and sleep in their car since they enjoyed the site we had. They were able to get the one next to us. Even though Michigan just like Indiana had been having a lot of rain recently and it rained all day the one day, our site was not muddy and did not have puddles. Some of the sites further back had some problems when raining harder, but within a short time the water had disappeared. The restrooms were older but clean with plenty of hot water. Also one of the few places where the water at the dishwashing station was hot enough for washing dishes. I will return to this campground and I know they are trying to make improvements. Activities for children are numerous which makes for families having the ability to have family time. Also thought was nice they allow public to come in and use the facilities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Sites full of campers that live there full time. Our site had recently been lived on by someone that had a huge outdoor rug that killed all the grass. Paid $188 for 4 days which is way to high for a campground in such poor shape. Roads and sites need repaired. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone unless its for a night and nothing else is available.

• Stayed June 2013

Travelers are raving about these Ypsilanti hotels

Grafton, oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

They did not ask for a preference as to a site or offer to let me look. I should have asked to do so. The sites are extremely close but decided to stay at the spot they gave me as I was only going to be there by myself in the evenings and the drunks behind me left. Meet some nice campers on one side of me from Canada and to the other side some very nice people from Pennsylvania who were there due to a death in the family. They brought their Labs over for a visit and also brought me a couple of sandwiches.
The office staff were very nice and the grounds were clean. The lake and swimming area looked great except for the people that felt the need to use the ground as their own personnel ashtray instead of using the ones provided on the tables nearby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The staff was unfriendly and at times hateful to my family. The showers are unisex and my wife and daughter refused to use them. The bathrooms are not nearly as clean as we would normally expect. The grass is not cut in many places and the place is generally unkept. For example, the flowers around the welcome sign are all dead and the electronic gate does not work. Upon arrival the two clerks worked with one person that was in front of me and ignored me for 10 minutes without even acknowleding my presence. Totally unnecessary. The first spot they put us in would not work. I would have to do without sewer or electric since both connections would not work together for my rig. Also, I needed 50 amp and they put me on 30 amp. They never asked my preference when I made reservations which is standard practice for places that care that their customers have a good experience.

Room Tip: Don't wash you car before you go, sandy interier roads with potholes.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Sites too small and grounds in rough shape. Water slide in lake but only for admission fee. 5 showers not clean. Mini golf beat up. Stayed here to be close to Henry ford museum (which it was). Camp store expensive. Agree with last review about some heavy partying near the beach. On the flip side, lots of sunnies to catch which my kids loved. And one of the clerks in the store very nice.

• Stayed August 2012
Hudson, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is a former KOA, in need of updating. Our first impressions was that this was a beautiful campground, located on the lake. This campground has 200+ sites and they are packed in pretty tight. There are only 5 shower stalls for the entire campground and some of them don't even have working lights. While they do clean the restrooms, by evening they are trashed with that many people using the 5 stalls (at least in the women's room, can't speak for the men's room). This campground appears to be a gathering spot for the locals to come and party on the weekends. The campers accross from us had multiple visitors who came out to drink and party. By 3:00 in the afternoon they were falling down drunk, profanity was every other word coming out of their mouth and the woman was on top of their truck with her top off. Management came over to the campsite at least 8 times in one evening to ask them to tone it down. At midnight they were still yelling and swearing. The same thing started the next afternoon with management continuing to come over to the campsite but unwilling to evict them. We decided to leave before dinner time and demanded a refund of that night's fee. Management agreed and said they understood but there was nothing they could do about the campers. Not the kind of place we would camp at again with our three girls.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Detroit/Greenfield KOA? Share your experiences!