“I know why KOA removed their name” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Detroit/Greenfield KOA

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ypsilanti
Detroit/Greenfield KOA
You added Detroit/Greenfield KOA to your Saves list
6680 Bunton Road, Ypsilanti, MI 48197   |
“I know why KOA removed their name”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Sites full of campers that live there full time. Our site had recently been lived on by someone that had a huge outdoor rug that killed all the grass. Paid $188 for 4 days which is way to high for a campground in such poor shape. Roads and sites need repaired. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone unless its for a night and nothing else is available.

• Stayed June 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Grafton, oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

They did not ask for a preference as to a site or offer to let me look. I should have asked to do so. The sites are extremely close but decided to stay at the spot they gave me as I was only going to be there by myself in the evenings and the drunks behind me left. Meet some nice campers on one side of me from Canada and to the other side some very nice people from Pennsylvania who were there due to a death in the family. They brought their Labs over for a visit and also brought me a couple of sandwiches.
The office staff were very nice and the grounds were clean. The lake and swimming area looked great except for the people that felt the need to use the ground as their own personnel ashtray instead of using the ones provided on the tables nearby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The staff was unfriendly and at times hateful to my family. The showers are unisex and my wife and daughter refused to use them. The bathrooms are not nearly as clean as we would normally expect. The grass is not cut in many places and the place is generally unkept. For example, the flowers around the welcome sign are all dead and the electronic gate does not work. Upon arrival the two clerks worked with one person that was in front of me and ignored me for 10 minutes without even acknowleding my presence. Totally unnecessary. The first spot they put us in would not work. I would have to do without sewer or electric since both connections would not work together for my rig. Also, I needed 50 amp and they put me on 30 amp. They never asked my preference when I made reservations which is standard practice for places that care that their customers have a good experience.

Room Tip: Don't wash you car before you go, sandy interier roads with potholes.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Ypsilanti hotels

connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Sites too small and grounds in rough shape. Water slide in lake but only for admission fee. 5 showers not clean. Mini golf beat up. Stayed here to be close to Henry ford museum (which it was). Camp store expensive. Agree with last review about some heavy partying near the beach. On the flip side, lots of sunnies to catch which my kids loved. And one of the clerks in the store very nice.

• Stayed August 2012
Hudson, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is a former KOA, in need of updating. Our first impressions was that this was a beautiful campground, located on the lake. This campground has 200+ sites and they are packed in pretty tight. There are only 5 shower stalls for the entire campground and some of them don't even have working lights. While they do clean the restrooms, by evening they are trashed with that many people using the 5 stalls (at least in the women's room, can't speak for the men's room). This campground appears to be a gathering spot for the locals to come and party on the weekends. The campers accross from us had multiple visitors who came out to drink and party. By 3:00 in the afternoon they were falling down drunk, profanity was every other word coming out of their mouth and the woman was on top of their truck with her top off. Management came over to the campsite at least 8 times in one evening to ask them to tone it down. At midnight they were still yelling and swearing. The same thing started the next afternoon with management continuing to come over to the campsite but unwilling to evict them. We decided to leave before dinner time and demanded a refund of that night's fee. Management agreed and said they understood but there was nothing they could do about the campers. Not the kind of place we would camp at again with our three girls.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We had a work project in the area, so decided to run by to check out this park. Next time we return, we will be in our fifth-wheel.

Detroit doesn't have many RV parks, so we wanted to see what this offered. We were pleased with the sites, spacious for large rigs, but heavily treed still. Will take an experienced driver to tuck into the spaces, but we saw large motorhomes & trailers comfortably situated.

There are spaces lakeside as well as a walk inland. There is a nice bicycle path around the park and lake. Not sure about the staff, we didn't interact with them. Just registered at the office, got a brochure and drove SLOWLY around.

Everyone seemed to be having a good time. It's about a 30 minute drive east to Henry Ford and farther to downtown, but there aren't many choices close to downtown. None that we know of. Yes we would stay here next time we are in the area with the RV.

Room Tip: I wish Trip Advisor had a special classification for RV parks because the rooms are ALWAYS going to...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Flushing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

After reading some of the reviews for the Detroit/Greenfield RV park, formerly known as a KOA facility, I was a little hesitant to bring a group of 20 girl scouts down to stay for 2 nights but I reserved 4 tent spots anyway, and had high expectations for a good visit. Our group was well received, and treated with warmth and respect. Facility staff made sure we were comfortable, and had emergency weather information and safety procedures. They were eager to help us out, and provide for anything that we may have needed. Our tent sites were centrally located and easily accessible for all of our scouts/vehicles. The staff was polite, helpful and patient with the scouts. The camp grounds were clean, well kept, and enjoyable to visit. Thanks everyone!

Room Tip: Firepits were small and below ground level
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Detroit/Greenfield KOA? Share your experiences!