“Business experience at this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Wyoming
Redford, United States
“Business experience at this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The staff is very responsive to the requests of the guests and any inquiries about the area. They know the area and can help the guests. They are very friendly and desire that you have a great stay while you are there.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

kmcwilliams, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Thomas S:

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your recent stay with our hotel. We appreciate your kind words. Our Front Desk Staff takes great pride in being attentive to our guests' needs by providing friendly service. Thank you once again for your review and recommendations of our great hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cincinnati, OH, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The staff at the Hampton Inn Grand Rapids South were well trained, efficient, and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who might need a place to stay while visiting Grand Rapids. The location is convenient to just about anywhere in the Grand Rapids area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

kmcwilliams, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Donald H:

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the TripAdvisor Community. We are thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our centrally located Hampton Inn. Our staff takes great pride in providing top notch service and we are happy that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to serving you again next time you are in the Grand Rapids area.
Granger, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I typically stay at the newed Comfort Suites south of town but decided to try this hotel because it was closer to my destination. Unfortunately the decor was dated and the breakfast less than desirable. The heating system seamed to work intermittantly and my room was small. Confort Suites is much nicer with larger rooms and less congested lobby. Further, the price is $89 versus $139. Wont be stying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Scott Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Rich S,

Thank you for staying with us. First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I understand that you found our hotel to be somewhat dated and in need of an update. I do appreciate your candor. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest rooms’ appearance. We recently repainted our rooms and exterior of our hotel, renovated our lobby, hallways, exercise room, business center, and meeting room, yet we will be doing more guest room renovations coming up.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Safe travels,
Linden, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was a basic Hampton Inn, with no other frills. I stayed one night on business. The room was nice and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. I was greeted with a smile when I checked in, and the staff followed up with a call to my room to make sure everything was in order. I used the business center to print a document for my meeting. Breakfast was basic Hampton fare. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

kmcwilliams, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Dirk E:

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the TripAdvisor community. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to sharing your positive comments about our friendly staff and clean comfortable rooms with our team. We hope to serve you again next time you are in town.
Midland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stay here because it is clean, convenient to the city, has a friendly staff, and wonderful beds. we have made this our home stop in Grand Rapids because we know that they clean then rooms, and the bedding including the covers between every guest. The breakfasts are good, and there is plenty of variety.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

kmcwilliams, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear John R:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor Community. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. Knowing all of our bedding is washed between every guest is one of the things our guests love most about the Hampton Inn brand. We look forward to serving you next time you are in the Grand Rapids area.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Hotel was great! Room was clean and spacious. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Provides great access to downtown and many other places around Grand Rapids. Great pool and hot tub area. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kurt B, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Jonathan G

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and review of our hotel with the TripAdvisor community.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean and spacious rooms along with the service provided by our wonderful staff.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Grand Rapids Area.
Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on Oct 11. This room is much better than I expected. The staff were very nice and friendly. I had a king size room which was very spacious and clean. Each room has a light right outside the entrance door, and it made me fill very safe to stay here. Breakfast was delicious, and I could watch the sun rise from the breakfast room. I would recommend Hampton inn to all my friends, and will stay there for my next vacation.

Room Tip: Room on the west site has a good view