“We'd Go Back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Corfu Senses Resort

Save Saved
You added Corfu Senses Resort to your Saves list
Corfu Senses Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Agios Ioannis Peristeron 49084, Greece (Formerly Mare Monte Resort)   |
Guildford
“We'd Go Back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I really don't know what some people expect from a 3 star Greek hotel.

We have been going to Greek islands for many years and stayed in some good and not so good accommodation.

The reviews worried me, until just before we went, when most of the newer ones had better things to say.

In our opinion, the Corfu Senses should no longer be associated with the Mare Monte as it bears no resemblance to the hotel we stayed at. (And it's not in Benitses either) Trip Advisor please note.

I can honestly say we would not hesitate to go back again. It may be 3 star but we had 5 star customer service.

Yes, it has it's faults some can be rectified and I believe they are being, some can't like the hotel being situated on a bend on a main road but if you come and go via the car park you are not joining the road on the bend and the road is ok to walk along. I managed it ok and I use a walking stick. If you don't want to use the road then you can use the beach to get to the 2 restaurants and supermarkets, which is all there is in the immediate area.

If you need a cash machine or chemist etc you will need to go to Moriatika, a 10 euro taxi ride or approx 40 minute walk away, we had no problems with taxi's at all, unlike the previous reviewer.

We chose the hotel for it's location as we wanted peace and quiet, if you're looking for night life this is not the place for you.

The staff are excellent and cannot do enough for you, Our thanks go to Finola and Jackie on reception, George the excellent chef, Olympia, one of the waitresses and Panis and Dimitri, you are all great.

The food is way beyond any All Inclusive standard we've come across, the selection and variety is very good, maybe a bit short on Greek dishes but always something for everyone. And the same chef will still be there next year.

The rooms are small but as they are only for sleeping in I don't see it being a problem, we've stayed in smaller! It was good to have a fridge in the room too.
The air conditioning is a bit hit and miss, I think it depends on how far along the system your room is as to whether it gets cold enough or not!! Having said that, it will be sorted out for you if you can't get it cold enough.

Unusually, our sheets and towels were changed every day we were there.

The views from the (seaview room) balcony is superb, pool, sea and mainland Greece....gorgeous!

The pool area is great, a couple of steps to the pool or 20 steps to the sea, which has fish right up to the water's edge, take a snorkel and enjoy it. There isn't a beach as such, it's lots of stones/pebbles but then we're pool people so it didn't bother us.

We were the last people there for this season (a very odd experience being the only ones there for our last day) and as soon as we left on 30 September, the refurbishment was continuing until it re-opens next spring.
With luck the showers will be on the wall instead of hand held as that was just a nightmare. All of us enterprising Brits tied the shower head to the curtain rail and managed ok but there's no excuse for hand held showers these days!

With regard to 2013, the hotel may still be AI but they are considering changing to half board, I guess we'll have to wait and see which it will be when it becomes available for booking. Either way, we would be happy to go back.

Room Tip: Go for the seaview room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Corfusenses, Manager at Corfu Senses Resort, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear soolooSurrey,

Thank you very much for your comments. Please be sure that we take into consideration all the issues you had during your stay and have already started the preparations to make your next stay in our hotel more pleasant and convenience.

This season as you mensioned we will change the FnB system to Half Board. We believe it will improve the quality of the food and give our guests opportunity to enjoy tasty, made with passion and love food. Moreover, it will expand the menu options by more complex courses prepared by our amazing team of chefs. We are completly sure that this is the next step to the best service for our guests.

Please be sure that we are trying to improve step by step and your comments is very essential for us. Meanwhile, if you would like to stay in Corfu Senses Resort this season we would consider as the honour to offer you the special rates. If so please let us know via e-mail reservations.corfusenses@skresorts.com with mensionig your Tripadvisor comments.

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel last minute due to a lot of drama with our other holiday and after reading the reviews were very wary, but went for it anyway. I must say, what we experienced doesn't even close to deserve the bad reviews, we had a wonderful holiday and enjoyed staying at Corfu Senses!

When arriving (early in the morning) we were placed in a mountain facing room which also faces a road. After a night, we asked if there were any other options as this room was a bit small and the sink overhung the toilet. The blonde woman at the front desk was very helpful and gave us many other options. We opted for a sea view room and couldn't have asked for much more. The room was very spacious, had a nice balcony, a fridge, an old TV (that we didn't use), and overlooked the pool and the sea. The beds weren't the comfiest and were two twins pushed together. They apparently have mattress pads, although we didn't know this until our last day. As, apparently, with most Greek hotels the shower head isn't attached to the wall, which is annoying. The bathroom was a wet room, although there was a shower 'tray' you stood in which didn't do much. But overall it was all functioning and my husband and I had little problems showering. The rooms were cleaned everyday and were always spotless. The wifi was a bit dodgy, it worked best downstairs and around the pool, but I didn't have a problem with that. At least it was free ;) It took us a few days to figure out the A/C, but once we did it worked with no problem. (Hint: make sure it's turned on to the sun & not the snowflake! who knew?)

The overall hotel is in a prime position on the sea side of the road, so theres no crossing a street to go to the beach. The pool was nice and big and perfect for a dip after laying out in the sun. The beach was pebbly, but I didn't see any long sandy beaches in the vicinity, and once in it was absolutely perfect. Heaven, i'd say! Perfect for snorkeling and looking at all the sea life and loads of fish swimming about! The sun beds could use an update, but I never had trouble finding one or a nice spot of sun to lay in.

We stayed all inclusive so all our food and drink was provided. I had no problem drinking out of the plastic cups served, but am a bit snobby when it comes to my name brand diet coke and the generic soft drink didn't live up to my hopes. The meals became a bit monotonous, especially breakfast and lunch, but there was always something I'd eat. Again, I am very, very picky, as my husband loved every meal. The fresh bread was brilliant though! I had Greek yogurt and honey for breakfast every morning and there was always a variety of egg about. But if you're looking for lovely fat sausage and pieces of bacon, you won't find it here. There was a large variety of desserts during the day and night as well. They did a Greek night barbecue one night, an Asian buffet another, a fish night one other night, and always had a variety of pork, pasta, and chips about! Overall I did enjoy the food, but did eat at the Marbella Taverna down the street twice for a change during the week, as it was nice to have some Greek food!

The two Animation team members were very nice, but their scheme of games was a bit dated. Darts & ping pong everyday twice a day and I didn't think it was necessary to play bingo EVERY night, but to each their own! I didn't go to join in, I went to relax and lay out in the sun. The nights were lovely out by the pool having a drink, enjoying the warm nights, and having a laugh with the other guests.

Overall we had an absolutely wonderful holiday. The staff were all so lovely. Both ladies up front were very approachable and helped you with whatever you needed and the restaurant staff always cleared up and kept the buffet stocked and clean. Even the two bartenders would have a laugh with you! And as I said, it is in a prime location right by the sea and there are a few shops and tavernas just a walk away (the safest way to walk is on the beach!) Theres a bus stop just outside the hotel gates that takes you into Corfu Town in just 30 minutes. It is great value for money, and this is coming from possibly the most snobby of hotel guests :) Do not be put off by past reviews!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are more spacious all around and definitely worth the extra euros!
Maidstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

One of our best holidays!

basic hotel, but clean. The beds are very hard!

Excellent food, so much variety and drinks and cakes too, all staff very friendly. The animation team were the best!

Perfect place to spend a week relaxing. Booked as a last minute deal, very happy!

Boston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Having looked on tripadvisor before going on our holiday , we wasnt expecting to much, how wrong we was. The staff were all very helpful, couldnt do enough for you, the food was lovely, a great selection everyday, the rooms were ok but when your on holiday how long are you going to be staying in your room ?. I would recommend Corfu Senses to my friends, , only one thing dont wait for the buses, they dont turn up , taxi's are a cheap way to get round the island.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Corby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

went 14th sept and got back 21st flight was terrible one thing for certain i will not fly with startegic airways ever again plane was filthy and the toilets a terrible disgrace both ways avoidd at all costs . now to the hotel the room was very basic but spotless the beds were very hard but the hotel got a matteress topper so happy days there fridge in the room and an old TV which did not work but hey ho i wasnt there to watch tv the shower was antiquated like i said the room was basic . the food was a delight and i could not fault it my only complaint was in the land of olives there was no olives and i would have liked a cheese board at night not with my breakfast . the bread delicous . the booze beer fine spirts the usual mixers ok but i hated not having a glass at night they only serve plastic cups this is not good enough the pool could do with a refurb but the gradens are spot on as is the tiny beach and pontoon , the company made it for me some staff were great EVI in the resturant the irish lady and jacaline in reception and demetrious behind the bar .
conclusion yes its a bit run down yes it needs updating but the ewelcome is great the staff great food and booze brill enjoy i did they do take direct bookings and a taxi from the airport is about 20 euros

Room Tip: dont be put of by the basic rooms your not in them long enjoy the gradens and the sun
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at Corfu Senses for a week with my Mum from August 23rd-August 30th and we enjoyed every part of our holiday! All of the staff were wonderful - from the receptionists, who could not do enough for us from arrival to departure, to the restaurant and bar staff - and the entertainment team were the best I have ever encountered! Our room was small and basic (as with most Greek hotels), but had air conditioning and everything we needed to be comfortable. The restaurant was lovely, with the best quality food I have ever experienced on an all inclusive holiday (during our stay, we did not hear one person complain about it!) and the outdoor bar was comfortable and served a great range of drinks. The pool area and the beach were great and the perfect spot to relax (or take part in any of the well organised activities!). The location was excellent - in a quiet area, but with a few shops selling food/drink and souvenirs and a few small, friendly bars if you wanted. Directly outside the hotel was also the bus stop into Corfu town, which was a cheap and prompt service (if slightly chaotic once in Corfu bus station!). The town was beautiful, with lots to do, and tons of shops, cafes and restaurants. We booked the holiday as a last minute deal, and could not have been more pleased with our choice. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

After reading such bad reviews of the resort, we were very apprehensive in going. However, although the hotel was tired looking, the staff, especially the receptionist Finola, were extremely friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent - 5 star standard. The hotel was ideally situated with a pool right next to the pebbly beach. The animation team worked extremely hard and again you could not fault them in any way. We would rate this as one of our most relaxing holidays.

Room Tip: check that you ask for a pool/sea view as otherwise rooms face the busy road or car park. It costs...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Corfu Senses Resort? Share your experiences!