“GReat, friendly and just like home” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woodhaven
SanJose, United States
“GReat, friendly and just like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Everyone here is friendly, helpful and make up feel at home. Room was immaculate and well decorated. Quiet in the hotel and the restaurant was great. I will always stay here. Great price and easy to reserve a room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWWoodhaven, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Woodhaven Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Denise E:

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Best Western Woodhaven Inn here on tripadvisor.com. We do strive to provide all of our valued guests with superior customer service, a clean and safe guest room in an atmosphere that makes you feel welcome and at home. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at (734) 676-8000. I hope you remember us when you are back in the Woodhaven, MI area.

David Balch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Curaçao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

It is a nice Hotel, the front desk mgr. was very nice and helpful, we found the price a little high, and did not like the way the breakfast was imposed on you, and only one person in the room gets it, and the others have to pay. It is situated near the I 75 so its easy to get on your way.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Otmar C:

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel here on Tripadvisor.com. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with superior customer service, clean and safe accommodations at a fair value. We review our pricing in comparison with other hotels in our area and try to offer the best value in our area. We do have a full service restaurant and do normally charge a nominal fee for a full hot made to order breakfast to all of our guests. We also offer this same breakfast to our Best Western Reward members complimentary as a thank you for being a loyal Best Western customer. We value you as our guest and hope you remember us when you are back in the Woodhaven, MI area.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Fast check in and out, really friendly service, clean. We stayed in the king suite and it was very nice. Clean, comfortable, and large. We only had one problem with the coffee pot not working but was fast to get a replacement. Pool area was really clean. Paid only 2.99 for breakfast and it was made to my order and was hot and fresh and tasted really good. My new husband and I really enjoyed are stay!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Joel G:

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel here on Tripadvisor.com. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with superior customer service, clean and safe accommodations at a fair value. We are excited to hear you had a great time at our hotel. We value you as our guest and hope you remember us when you are back in the Woodhaven, MI area.

Gilbert, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Management was not helpful when we complained and treated certain customers better than everyone else because they were part of a fishing competition. They let them do whatever they wanted with disregard to everyone else staying in the hotel. I will never stay here again because they don't know how to treat everyone with respect.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Rebecca A:

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel here on Tripadvisor.com. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with superior customer service, clean and safe accommodations at a fair value. I am not sure what the true issue was during your stay. I welcome you to contact me at (734) 676-8000. We value you as our guest and hope you will consider us again when you are back in the Woodhaven, MI area.

Woodhaven, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Although room is designated "non-smoking" there was still a stale cig. smoke in the drapes and carpet. I sprayed with Febreeze room deordorizer but it only helped a little. Peeee-yew! There were no more single rooms available so I had no choice but to stay put.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Irene R:

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel here on Tripadvisor.com. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with superior customer service, clean and safe accommodations at a fair value. As you know, the State of Michigan banned smoking in restaurants, bars and hotels back a couple years ago. We strive to keep our entire property nonsmoking. All of our guest rooms have been renovated since this smoking ban has been in place. This renovation included carpeting, wall vinyl, bedding package, etc. When we have a guest that has not followed the nonsmoking law, we deep clean and sanitize the room using special equipment. I am not sure of the source of the smell you were smelling. It sounds like we were sold out the night you stayed since another room was not available and the possibility of someone ignoring the nonsmoking policy could have been the issue. We do try and combat this by posting several nonsmoking signs in the room and on the exterior doors and guest room doors. If you would like to discuss this further, I welcome you to contact me at (734) 676-8000. We value you as our guest and hope you will consider us again when you are back in the Woodhaven, MI area.

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Nice staff very friendly. Food in restaurant was great as was some of the staff inside.. Rooms were dirty and air conditioning unit was really gross if not a heat wave defiantly wouldn't have used it.. No elevators and no air conditioning in hallways the stairwells were disgusting. tv channels was very limited and then the movies were outrageous prices. Was very disappointed in the price i payed for what i got definitely not a 3 star hotel i would say 2.5 stars and that's only because they have a good staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Trip Advisor Member:

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel here on Tripadvisor.com. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with superior customer service, clean and safe accommodations at a fair value. I am sorry you were not completely happy. We have done several updates to our guest rooms to include LCD HDTVs with several High Definition stations to include all local channels, three HBO channels, Food Network, Discovery, HGTV, OWN, TBS, USA, TNT, Travel, Hallmark, Oxygen, plus many, many more choices. Our air conditioning and heating units are professionally steam cleaned twice a year to eliminate any odors from these units. I hope you will consider us again when you are back in the Woodhaven, MI area.

Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

After a tiring trip enroute to Bowling Green, we exited at Woodhaven looking for a hotel. There were 2 side/side, the Best Western and The Holiday Inn Express. Not wanting to split hairs, we chose The Best Western. Upon entering the hotel, we were given a rate of $84.00 night for 2 queen beds, we were told the price included breakfast., we assumed it was a similar layout to the H.I. as both properties are owned by the same people. The hotel is dated, but quiet not sure what the price difference is but the H.I. Express is brand new. Breakfast the next morning was a different ordeal, firstly 1 breakfast is included in the price and the rest is couponed at $2.99 p.p. not at all what I expected or was told. I went back to the front desk to be greet by a person who was less than interested in giving me the time of day and basically told me I was lucky to get the one coupon. This misleading just put a damper on the entire hotel and upon my return to Ohio later this week, I certainly will not be staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Go to the H.I. next door or travel another 5 minutes down I-75 where there are lots of choices. You...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BWWoodhaven, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Woodhaven Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hi WendyCanada,

First, I want to thank you for sharing your experience with the Best Western Woodhaven Inn here on Tripadvisor.com.

I am sorry that there was some confusion on your reservation. We always charge a minimal amount for a full hot breakfast in our full service restaurant with the exception of complimentary breakfast for our Best Western Reward members.

Our hotel has been renovated within the past couple years to include 32” HDTVs with High Definition service, new bedding package, new carpet, new refrigerators and much more. We are one of the most value priced hotels considering the amenities that you receive.

We strive to provide all of our guests with superior guest service, clean accommodations at a fair price. By telling us where we can improve helps us work on those areas for our future guests.

David Balch

Been to BEST WESTERN Woodhaven Inn? Share your experiences!