“Didn't clean our room and did nothing” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Whitehall

You added Ramada Whitehall to your Saves list
Ramada Whitehall
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2865 Colby Road, US 31, Whitehall/Montague Exit, Whitehall, MI 49461   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Whitehall
Utica, Michigan
“Didn't clean our room and did nothing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My family and I stayed here July 4th, 5th and checked out the 6th. It was pretty busy because of the holiday and people going to Michigan's Adventure, which is what we did. First look at the room was that it was ok. It smelled faintly of smoke and musty, but looked clean. The rooms are outdated, but comfortable.

We went to MA on the 4th and when we came back, we had to call the front desk because the room above us, we were 127, was letting their kids run around and jump. This happened from 10-11 before I called. After I called, it stopped for a little bit, maybe a half hour and then went on until 2. People need to control their children in settings like that!

Breakfast was ok, if you can get to it. The room is so small and the lines so long, that we didn't even eat there 2 of the 3 mornings. What good is included breakfast if there is no place to sit and you have to fight to even get in the door? Not impressed.

The next day when we went to MA and came back, our room had not been cleaned. We had left dirty dishes from breakfast, the garbages full, towels used, beds un-made, everything to indicate that we needed it serviced. At first we didn't think that anyone had even come in the room, but then we discovered after talking amongst ourselves, that someone did come in and replace a roll of toilet paper. That's it! I was so pissed. I called the front desk and asked about it. The attendants response is that there was no cleaning staff at that time. I explained that I was actually looking for compensation because we pay for that service and didn't recieve it. She stated that there wasn't a manager on duty (WHY NOT!) and that someone would be there in the morning. The next morning as we checked out, I asked about the manager. The same girl was at the front desk and said it's actually not the manager, it's the owner. I explained that I would like compensation of some sort for the loud kids keeping us up all night, the breakfast situation and the fact that the lazy maid didn't do her job (not in those words) and was told that basically because I had already paid (Hotels.com) that she wasn't sure what the owners would/could do for us. Well, the owners didn't show up before we left, so she took my name and number down and said they would call. They didn't. Ever.

For $127/night for this crappy hotel because it was the holiday, I could have probably gone anywhere else and had a better experience. I would never recommend anyone staying here. Customer service lacks to say the least and apparently the owners don't care that their staff don't do what they pay them for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)

Been to Ramada Whitehall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Whitehall

Address: 2865 Colby Road, US 31, Whitehall/Montague Exit, Whitehall, MI 49461
Location: United States > Michigan > Muskegon County > Whitehall
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Whitehall
Hotel Class:2 star — Ramada Whitehall 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Whitehall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Inn Whitehall Hotel Whitehall

If you own or manage Ramada Whitehall, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.