“Worst Experience Ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of EconoLodge Whitehall

You added EconoLodge Whitehall to your Saves list
EconoLodge Whitehall
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3080 Colby Rd, US 31 ex. Whitehall at Colby, Whitehall, MI 49461 (Formerly Super 8 Whitehall)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Whitehall
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Worst Experience Ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were having a hard time getting a hotel due to it being a busy weekend in Ludington. So we ended up having to stay here. I don't get offended easily and I was amazed to be offended from the first step inside the hotel. The man behind the counter we overheard being very rude to someone on the phone. When he turned his attention to us he took it to a whole new low. My son is in a wheelchair. He rudely asked if we had requested a first floor room. We asked about if the hotel had an elevator and he told us Most Hotels Don't. You should always ask. Then he told it was our fault and we should make sure we request first floor. Now quick input here we travel a lot. We've only had one other hell hole oops I mean hotel have this problem before. Plus we were hurrying to find a hotel for the night. After a few more rude comments we just gave up and headed to our room.

When we entered the hotel room we were shocked by how tight the room was. We could barely fit between the wall and the bed. The carpets were in horrible condition. Then to top it all off we found several STACKS of bugs. One stack was under the desk and one large cricket was in the corner of the room. We quickly left the room. I was very offended by how my family was treated and very upset with the room condition. I agree with the other person who did a previous review. We asked for the gentleman's name behind the counter for when we file our complaint and he refused to tell us his name and then ended with Good luck with filing the complaint it's a family owned hotel. Do not stay here!! This place should not even be open!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AmericasBestVaueInn, Manager at EconoLodge Whitehall, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Katie G,

Thank you for writing a review for our hotel. I am very sorry you were displeased with your recent stay at our hotel. We value each guests feedback and greatly appreciate your time to do so. The front desk staff is a very important part of the hotel. I am very sorry that one of our front desk staff was not friendly and helpful as others. We have taken the appropriate measures to ensure that our guests receive exceptional quality service and rooms. We are in the midst of major renovations at the hotel and hope you will give us another chance when you're back in town. Thank you again for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Schaumburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the beautiful, clean room and warm and friendly staff. The bed was very comfortable which added to a great nights sleep. The breakfast selection in the morning with the daily USA today newspaper was great! They had the Belgian waffle maker which we loved using! We will be returning to this hotel on our next trip to Whitehall!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the weekend while in town for a wrestling tournament. The rooms were very nice and clean for the price. You can see the hotel is working hard with the renovations. The young man working at the desk was very accommodating with our requests. I will definitely come back and stay here on my next trip to Whitehall!

• Stayed February 2013
AmericasBestVaueInn, Manager at EconoLodge Whitehall, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Familyguy531, Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. We hold high standards for our hotel in regards to cleanliness and updating our hotel on a regular basis. We have completed many of our renovations and would love to have you come back and stay with us again!
Lafayette, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I checked in for and was told to they allowed pets. The room was a mess there were stains all over the carpet. I put my dog in bathroom with a portable barrier so he could not go into room. I left and discovered they claimed my dog stained the room. They took all the money in my account via my credit card. There was not any damage done to room. All of their earlier reviews talk are about the cleanliness issues and stains on carpet. The desk personal was quick to show new reviews, a person working there told me that the owners write all the reviews to get them rated as #1 in Whitehall which is absurd just based on common sense. I have hired an attorney to get my money back and he is contacting others who have had similar experiences. This place needs to be shut down. Report this to Better Business Bureau.

Room Tip: Pay cash not a credit card.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AmericasBestVaueInn, Manager at EconoLodge Whitehall, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Paul B, We are sorry that you were displeased with your stay. We are currently renovating the property and all our rooms have new carpet. The stains on the carpet were from the feces and urine left behind from your pet. Upon checking out, we inspected the room, and the room had a fresh odor and spots on the carpet of feces and urine left behind by the pet. Upon your return to the hotel later that night, we did show you the room you stayed in and the feces stains left behind by your dog. The additional charge on your credit card was due to the damage done to the room and a clean up charge.

I would like to inform all future guests that all our carpets are regularly cleaned. We are currently renovating the property with new carpeting, paint, and bedding in all the rooms.
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Tiny rooms, dirty carpet, heater noise so bad you could not sleep as it turned off and on every 5 minutes. Breakfast, if you call three bagels, two muffins and a little dry cereal breakfast it was minimal. We had three rooms, and they were the only three rooms booked for Friday and Saturday night in the place. They will get you what you ask for but you have to ask for everything. There were only two thin (very thin) gray/white bath towels and one wash cloth in the bathroom. When I requested more towels they brought them up immediately. WIth the exception of the old, worn, dirty carpet the room was clean. We had a very very cheap winter (off season) rate. I certainly would never pay full rate for this hotel.

Room Tip: Best room would be in another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
AmericasBestVaueInn, Manager at EconoLodge Whitehall, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your visit to the hotel. I do apologize for the condition of the hotel during the time of your stay. The hotel is under a new ownership and management and we are working very hard at renovating our rooms. I do apologize, but the room you stayed in has not yet been renovated. We are currently working on replacing all carpeting and painting the rooms. We hope you will visit us again in the near future to see our updated hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The staff is friendly, helpful and eager to help you have a relaxing stay. The hotel has been remodeled and tge new rooms are absolutwly beautiful. The hotel in general as well as the rooms are very clean. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is in the area.

• Stayed December 2012
Pinconning, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

What could have been a stressful weekend was made better by the warmhearted staff! While juggling one son getting in a car accident and another getting married, I appreciated the helpfulness of the staff in providing directions and a listening ear! I love the little room off the breakfast area! That is where I spent a few early morning hrs "decompressing" with a good book! Everyone was wonderful and accommodating of my elderly parents, making sure they had a lower level room and allowing them to sit in the breakfast area well past breakfast!
Brandi was great in addressing anything that came up and made us feel very welcome. Wonderful pricing!

Room Tip: Ask for lower level if you don't like stairs!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
AmericasBestVaueInn, General Manager at EconoLodge Whitehall, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Glad your family was able to relax & enjoy some down time before the big day! It was our pleasure having you stay with us. We are looking forward to your return when visiting your family. Thank you for your review, have a wonderful day!

Been to EconoLodge Whitehall? Share your experiences!