My partner and I both had a very stressful month and were hoping that this weekend at Danesfield would provide us with the relaxation we needed- it didn't. To summarise our problems with this hotel:
1) it was dirty: the carpet in our room was dirty (which was particularly worrying as my partner suffers from asthma), the spa sauna area was not cleaned regularly and had towels lying everywhere and the building was generally dirty (where the actual building was meant to be white, quite alot of it was grey)
2) it was badly maintained: the toilet flush in the bedroom did not work, there were cracks in the ceiling, mold in the corners of the room and the chandelier that we had to look up to was broken.
3) Everything was overpriced but at least we knew what we were paying until we were checking out and received a bill much higher than we imagined. There was no breakdown of this bill. It was clearly miscalculated and to cut a long story short we were asked to wait, which we did, for 40 min before we saw the manager who then reduced the bill. I then recalculated and realised throughout the trip all prices had been advertised without VAT and service charge. We paid these extra costs as we were tired of waiting and just wanted to go home.
4) The rooms were small and dark and ugly and the bed was uncomfortable.
In summary, this place looks much better on the internet than it is in real life. If any or all of the above is acceptable to you than you should go, I certainly wont be going back. What a waste of time and money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Danesfield House Hotel and Spa is an award-winning, luxury 4-star country house hotel located between the fashionable boutique shopping towns of Marlow and Henley-on-Thames in beautiful, rural Buckinghamshire. Privately owned, we represent a quintessentially British establishment overlooking acres of manicured gardens and the River Thames. Located near the M25, M4 and M40 motorways, just 45 minutes from the centre of London and 35 minutes from fashionable West London we are the ultimate Buckinghamshire Hotel to escape to. Each of the 86 rooms offers unique charm and character with the most enchanting traditional British interiors exquisitely combined with classical design. Our awards include: One Michelin Star awarded in Michelin Guide Great Britain and Ireland 2011AA, 4 Red Rosettes for Culinary Excellence, 12th Top UK Restaurant 2012 awarded by Good Food Guide 2012, Most Relaxing Spa UK 2011 awarded by Natural Health Magazine Spa Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and Tingo so you can book your Danesfield House Hotel And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Danesfield House Hotel And Marlow
- Danesfield Hotel Marlow