“Excellent Fairfield inn with great service to Platinum members” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8258 Arnt Blvd, 140 and I-94; exit 41, Watervliet, MI 49098 (Formerly Ramada Watervliet)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Watervliet
“Excellent Fairfield inn with great service to Platinum members”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed here on May 25th with my wife and 3 daughters. Andrew at front desk went above and beyond with booking my room and allowing us an upgrade to a huge suite. Room was clean and fresh. New carpet everywhere and lobby was very sharp and new. They waive cost to waterpark if you are platinum. I called before check in and talked to GM Brad. He was very friendly and told me they had been a Marriott for about a week. I read some negative reviews of this property however it was not the case with us. Outstanding service beautiful rooms and a wonderful waterpark. My kids are yelling that this is best hotel ever. I stay all over at Marriott properties and I will definetly recommend and stay here again soon.

• Stayed May 2013
SBNWL, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive review of our hotel with the Tripadvisor Community. We are very happy you enjoyed your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites - Surfari Joe's Indoor Waterpark. We look forward to your next visit.

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Check in is at 3 we were told are room would not be ready until 4-5.. really ? We had a suit and for the price of the room should allow 6 in the waterpark thats why we got a sweet had to pay 50. More dollrs for the waterpark...for the waterpark the hot tub really stinks never got hot enough to be called a hot tub the pool was warmer..on sunday the hot tub was cold we were told hit had to warm up and would take a couple hours really ? We. Were checking out at 11 I was so disapointed with the water park..

• Stayed April 2013

Travelers are raving about these Watervliet hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family decided to stay over the weekend of April 6,2013 after hearing they were now Marriott , what a mistake,First over the phone I was told one price and at check in another.I booked 3 rooms as we had 2 other families joining us .they charged my CC at check in for the entire price of all 3 rooms, something I have never had happen at any other hotel even though i told them I was paying in cash at check out ,witch i did the next day they said the charges would be taken off my card and they still have not .Our rooms were clean though the beds and small chairs were uncomfortable.We went to the water park in the hotel and were treated very badly from the moment we walked in ,The Life guard that was controlling the water slides was barely paying attention he had his head down on the railing not really paying attention to anything until my niece wanted to ride she is 49 inches tall without shoes and the ride says you must be 48 inches he told her she needed to be with an adult to ride tho other kids smaller than her were riding ,so she got an adult then when we got all the way up again were told she needed a life vest again while other kids smaller than her had none so she had to go all the way down again to get it at that point i asked him why she was told these things and going back up and down for the third time and he was extremely rude told me to go get a drink from the bar instead of addressing the situation he could have merely measured her and all would have been settled instead he makes a little girl cry ,Nice job.... I brought this to the attention of the GM who actually screamed at me and was beyond rude,We finished at the watre park fed the kids and left them in the room with a sitter to do the adult swim we were told they would leave the water slides on for us ,they were not ! the hot tub also was turned off and the bar closed ,why advertise an adult swim time and tell us verbally that we would be able to enjoy the slides and hot tub child free if that is not the case, the arcade and fitness rooms were under construction as well and the ellivator was scary . We paid full price for all 3 rooms and were unable to enjoy all facilities just not right,the next morning in the water park the GM was alot nicer to us but not paying attention to kids he was letting in the pool small kids not required to wear a swim diaper and defecated in the pool ,the life guard tried to play it off as it was a bandaid he found but more than one of us adults saw it and even stepped in it Gross....!!!! The staff here from the GM down need to be trained on how to treat a guest.!! Unacceptable !!This was our first stay and our last I will drive to Grand Rapids or Shipshawanna before ever staying there again !!

Room Tip: Holiday in GR south only 45 min from here has a waterpark too .:)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the last year. Wow, what a transformation! Every time I go I love to see the changes the new ownership has made. I love the new look, everything is very crisp, clean and modern. I was able to meet the new General Manager and was very impressed. The front desk staff was kind & courteous. I even spoke with a housekeeper cleaning my room, very professional. This hotel/waterpark is going to be fabulous when it is done. I would encourage anyone to go there. If you didn't have a good experience, try it again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Edwardsburg, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had 18 people there for my nieces 13th birthday party and we were all very pleased with the facilities. We were in rooms that all had been just remodeled and were very nice. I would suggest Safari Joe's to anyone for a nice little get away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Brad Scmitz

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph? Share your experiences!