“GREAT EXPERIENCE!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Warren
“GREAT EXPERIENCE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

After checking out a couple other hotels in the area, this hotel exceeded my expectations! It was the only one I actually felt safe staying at. The building is well lit and very secure. I had never stayed at a Candlewood before and was extremely impressed with the room. The Tempurpedic bed was so comfortable that I wanted to sleep in it all day! The room, like the rest of the hotel, was very clean. The staff was helpful and courteous. The numerous positive aspects of this hotel-including the excellent price-are reasons I will be searching for a Candlewood Suites to stay at next time I travel. I highly recommended this hotel!

• Stayed July 2011
Theresa T, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Detroit/Warren, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Thank your for your review, we appreciate you choosing us!

Theresa Thomas, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

I had a good experience at Candlewood Suites last week. It was a short business trip so I stayed only 1 night. The hostess was very friendly when I arrived and I felt very welcome. The room was very clean, neat, and welcoming. I would recommend this for the budget-conscious person who is traveling, either for business or leisure.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

The front desk staff was excellent. I'm not sure if I ever stayed at a Candlewood Suites before, but it was free because I was staying on points. The place just looked old, although it was clean and they were friendly.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
LA, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2007

Overall, I would agree with most of the other writers; the Candlewood is nice. The room was nice and had a DVD/VHS player to play the films available for loan out at no charge at the front desk. The coffee maker was nice and could be fueled with extremely affordable packets of grounds from the property’s “honor store” (un-manned, just drop the money in a slot), which also stocked other food items and miscellaneous necessities. The staff was nice, the bed was firm and nice and the cleanliness was nice.

We didn’t use the workout room or laundry but both seemed (are you sitting?), nice. One reviewer mentioned not getting their room cleaned for a few days. They, like my wife and I, must have overlooked the small sign in the bathroom that explained the schedule and how to get housekeeping if you’d like. For $69.00 a night, we could not have really hoped for a much… nicer stay.

• Liked — The value for the price
  • Disliked — We had some trouble finding healthy food in the area (it was all chains like "Chili's etc.)
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

I have stayed here multiple times. It is an average Candlewood. The rooms are nice and clean. All Candlewoods recently upgraded their bed linens to make them on par with other members of the Holiday inn chain. Thus the sheets are nice. The rooms are reasonably well appointed. The front desk has free movies which is a nice service. I also have never found an unhelpful employee. These people are the friendliest in Detroit!

The location is easy to find and many restaurants and shops near by. I normally am staying here on the weekend so traffic has not been an issue, but could be given the location.

Note Candlewoods are extended stay hotels. They cater to the traveling work crews who stay for a week and move on. Typically rooms are not serviced on short stays. Remember to take your own trash out if you stay more than one night. This applies to all Candlewoods.

Candlewood's motto is "where value stays" and as long as you got a value this location is fine.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — same cheap fitness equipment that is in all Candlewoods
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Okinawa, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2006

It's ok as long as you didn't pay too much. The beds are not comfortable at all, which was my main complaint. I never really figured out housekeeping's schedule, as we were here 4 nights and never had our room cleaned. The free laundry is nice. The recliner in our room had a huge stain on the cushion so I never sat on it to find out how comfortable it was. If you can get it for under $60 a night, it's ok.

Stayed June 2006
Lone Tree, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2006

I was going to stay here for a few days but when I checked in there was an overwhelming smell of deoderizer in the air. Overpowering and was bordering on making my wife sick. The check in was fine and the front desk person was very nice. I could look beyond the lobby smell and decided to look at the room. I went up and found a standard size room with a small kitchenette including a fridge, stove and counter top. The bed is queen size, not big enough for me (6'2") and my wife and the room had a deoderizer smell as well. It was not acceptable for us so we checked out. No problem with that part of the process as the front desk person was nice. I would not recoment this hotel.

Stayed January 2006

Been to Candlewood Suites Detroit/Warren? Share your experiences!