“nasty! nasty!! nasty!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

You added Rodeway Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   32035 Van Dyke, Warren, MI 48093 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Warren
Chicago, Illinois
“nasty! nasty!! nasty!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Rooms do not look anything like the pictures... The first room we had, the Springs came thru the mattress.. So we proceeded to request a refund to stay elsewhere. The man at the front counter suggested another room and My answer was, Unless it has a Totally different bed, There was no reason for us to stay.. Would you believe the Bed was much better than the first room we stayed in which was very very old. Like DUMMIES, we decided to stay, since it was after 1 am and we did not know where else to go. In the morning, We had a Bowling Tournament to go to and when we got back, our Key Card did not work. So AGAIN, i proceeded to the front desk and this time, they told me that someone else had checked in our room.. And By NOW I am LIVID, cause all our property was left in the room. He walked us to the room and open it and ALL our BELONGING where gone!!!!

Room Tip: Look at comments on internet before you reserve!!!
Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Olathe, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Sorry but this place was a dump. there was trash and cigarette butts everywhere. People were up all hours of the night making noise. There were people camped out outside entrance number 2 with the doors wide open. Who knows who was going in and out of the hotel ?
Our room was soo dirty. It had visible dirt on the floor as if it had not been vacuumed in months. There were dirty socks left in the room that did not belong to us. We had driven 14 hours to get there and it was 1am we had to be at a tournament at 7 the next morning so we did not have time to try to change rooms or anything --we had to buck up and get some sleep. Thought maybe they would clean it the next day that we were there. but nope. We came back the next day and it wasnt even touched. Beds were never made or anything. The elevator was broken and we had to take the stairwell where obviously people go to smoke marijuana. the smell was so strong i had to hold my breath to walk through it and it still made us cough . The people hanging around there appeared to be shady. you couldnt tell if they were visitors or loitering. We were supposed to get a free breakfast but not a word was said to us about it and honestly the way that place looks there was no way I was going to eat there when I was afraid to even walk on the carpet with no shoes on.
I told the kids I would make sure and do more research next time. From now on we are staying at a popular brand name hotel i dont care if it is twice as much. If you check tripadvisor you will see this hotel needs some serious intervention. Or why doesn'tt one of its corporate administrators go stay there and take a look for themselves? I am so glad I didnt get the suite upgrade I was thinking about doing. If it was even half better than what we were in it wouldnt have been worth the money. The hotel was a complete trash pit. The people that ran the front desk were friendly. thats about it. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New Albany, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel is old. The people there are nice but the rooms feel dirty and when I was there in May 2013 the hotel had a hole in the side of it, I think where the A/C was, but it looked like someone had kicked it all in and the hole went right into the room. Its great that the people there are nice....but I think your money is better spent staying at a different hotel, even if you have to pay a little more.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Paola, KS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

You know the old saying "You get what you pay for" is true. At one time this hotel was probably nice, but not now! There was garbage piled all over outside in the parking lot. Cigarette butts were scattered all over the ground. The carpets were filthy, and the overall cleanliness of the room wasn't much better. We found a pair of dirty socks that didn't belong to us. It was noisy; the elevator didn't work most of one day. Our room smelled like dill pickles. The stairwell smelled like pot, and some of the guests were of a questionable nature. A woman downstairs was shouting some kind of religious incantations like she was doing an exorcism or something, and nobody ever came to clean the room while we were there. If we hadn't arrived so late, we would have gone someplace else. We never saw the breakfast or pool area because we were afraid to.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Midland, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife during the week.
Any guest should lower their expectation prior to entering the building as you can see from outside, they're running down.

I had really low rates for my room so I am not complaining but rather try to point some of the weak areas of the motel. As a frequent traveler, I honestly think they are comparable to motel 6 meaning they have most basic in-room amenities; however, they offer breakfast in the morning as well as fitness center. Sausage good! Swimming pool runs seasonally.

In the room, king bed was great, felt like new. Door #2 didn't require a key to enter, but since it was closed it may appear to public that they need key access. Safety alright.

Room was very quiet. Staff not as friendly but probably due to culture.

Overall, with the rate I paid, it was acceptable.

• Stayed April 2013
Birch Run, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here for a place to sleep during a volleyball tournament. HUGE party on the 3rd floor. Music so loud the entire building was shaking until 4:30am!!! Entire building smelled like pot. First and hopefully last time my daughter "gets" to see hookers. It was aweful. Can not believe that they allow this to go on in their hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a large hotel close to General Motors Tech Center in Warren, MI on a major thoroughfare. At one point this was probably a wonderful spot ... back 30 years ago ... the room I was in showed signs of former glory however time has taken a toll and maintenance looks woefully behind. The rate was $50.00 night and they did have a breakfast served between 6-9. Lonely kind of place for truck drivers, salesmen, some longer term folks & transients ... if you need a newer room and a breakfast there are lots of places nicer nearby. They may be a bit higher for rate however if your looking for something newer than definitely go somewhere else. If all you care about is the bed and rest ... and the possibility you might run into someone who doesn't belong in the hotel then that's your call.. It is a big place and I think they try to keep one section of the house working at a time. Light on amenities in the room ... older TV ... to me they should lower the rate because at $50 ... it's just is waiting to get torn down for a Wal Mart. Staff there went from unenthused to nice ... middle eastern mainly on staff that I saw ... breakfast was simple but uneventful w/scrambled eggs, sausage, breads & waffle options but closes @ 9 on the dot. Lady was breaking it down at 9:00 A.M. This place would need a ton of money to bring it back to former glory and doubtful that is going to happen. I asked for GM discount and they looked at me like I was from outer space. Quarter mile away from GM Tech Center and no link with this hotel should tell you that GM is sending their people elsewhere. Lastly, very concerned that the Entrance door 2 was blocked open the entire 12 hours I was there ... anyone could come in from the street to the interior of the hotel and this place is not in a garden spot location ... security is non-existent if you are a lady or with children ... good spot for CCW.

Room Tip: I was on South Side by Entrance 2 ... slept well because the loud HVAC unit was droning away constan...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!