“Maybe the BEST Middle Eastern Food I Have EVER Had!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 236 Restaurants in Warren
Warren, Michigan
“Maybe the BEST Middle Eastern Food I Have EVER Had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My girlfriend recently got a job in the Warren area, and we were looking for a house so we could move into the area. The office in which she works has ordered from this restaurant several times for lunch, so when it got time to eat, she suggested that we go here.

It is a little hard to find, so you must look carefully, but the effort is WORTH it!

We parked in back and came in the back entrance. When you enter, you are greeted by a friendly "middle eastern bazaar" decor, and music native to that part of the world. It is not fancy, but pleasant, and fun to look at, and adds to the overall experience.

Our waitress' name was Roudina, a very pleasant, friendly, and exotically beautiful young lady. She was handling all of the tables (with some help from a few other male helpers and the owner) with speed and fluidity, so that no table was without attention for very long. She was helpful and very friendly, with a cute personality.

First came warm, homemade pita and their signature "spread"... DEE-LISH! Warning, though... VERY garlicy! Everyone MUST enjoy it equally, if you know what I mean! :) The flow of this wonderful bread and spread was never ending.

We ordered the kabob special for two, that included 3 different types of kabobs (beef, and two tawook (chicken)) traditional kafka, and a chicken kafka, choice of rice or fries (TAKE THE RICE!), salad (HUGE! choose the fatoosh!), hommus, and MORE bread. Let me just say, this reasonably price FEAST would feed more than just TWO hungry people!

I have had Mediterranean food many times in my life, sometimes in fancy sit down restaurants, and some of more the "fast food" variety, and this, I believe is some of the absolute BEST I have ever had!

This place would be a nice date place, a great lunch place, or even a family dinner restaurant. I cannot wait to go back and try some of the other delicacies from their menu!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Royal Oak, Michigan, United States
“Tasty Lebanese Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Being that I work in the area, I was pleasantly surprised to find a great Middle Eastern restaurant so far from my hometown of Dearborn. The bread is delicious with a kick of sweetness. The hummus is creamy and the garlic hits the spot. Food is served incredibly quickly. Do not come here for the service; they are busy and don't have time to give you that 'nice' dining experience. A bus boy will be clanking dishes into his dirty bin within ear shot trying to get the next person in line - in, fed and out - again. I say go. Get in, eat, get out. It's what they do best. Enjoy!

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Kabobs.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Service was very slow but the amount of food and taste was phenomenal. And the price is not bad at all either. I had the chicken shawarma with falafel and it was amazing.

Visited June 2012