“Ants in the Room” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Ants in the Room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel and had several disappointments. The first room we were given had a faulty lock and when we went to leave we could not lock the room. Management was very quick to resolve this issue and we were given another room. After moving our belongings to another room we quickly left for the evening and when we returned later that night discovered many small ants on the floor (maybe 40 to 50) crawling around the room. It was too late to complain so we stayed the night in spite of the ants. In the morning we found there was only one large bath towel to shower with even though both my wife and I occupied the room. The free WiFi signal was weak so it was hard to check email. The only redeeming factor was that the staff were friendly and helpful but the room itself was a disappointment.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I want you to know that we have taken the appropriate measures to address the problems that occurred. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Caro, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel every year for a dog show at Cobo, and while they just did upgrades there is more yet to do. My fridge wobbled and had no shelfs, while the staff did look for them. Never found. The toilet in our rooms was very low; BUT the hot water and pressure is great.
I am handicapped and in a wheelchair. We Love most of the staff, Connie is our favorite and she never forgets us from year to year.
They ALL go above normal hotel staff, to make your stay feel welcomed.

The one thing I will say is I wished with the upgrade is you got the breakfast to go. Also the discovery channel shows but no sound.

I stayed at this hotel two times this year once more the weekend after and when I checked in, my room was not done and they came right away to prep it.

I can say hole heartly this hotel is not one to miss.

• Stayed March 2013
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We look forward to your return visits every year. I'm sure you will be happy to hear that the microfridge in your room has been replaced with a new one. Thank you for letting us know about the Discovery Channel so that we were able to address that as well. I will tell Connie that she is your favorite and also share your comments withe rest of the staff.
Oxford, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have not been happy with my experience at Red Roof Inns in Michigan. They claim to be nonsmoking and when I check in the rooms reek of smoke. I have had the same issue in Kalamazoo. This time I was persuaded to stay in this Red Roof because my friends were staying there. I called central reservations and told them how much I hated the smell of smoke and the issues I had in the past and they assured me they would put a note in my reservation about it. Sure enough, when I arrived exhausted, after a 4 hour drive and a long day my room smelled terribly.... I did not want to change rooms this time because I knew they were full and figured the next room would smell anyway so I requested some spray. A man showed up at my door with some spray, smoking a cigarette!! The next morning I took a shower and the towels even smelled of smoke....which means one of two things...either they did not change the towels after the last guest, ugggghhhh, or their staff members are smoking as they are cleaning.... Neither one was good. When I left for the day....I was staying a second night.... I complained. Connie was very helpful, apologetic, and said the room would be sparkling when I returned. She did a great job. The smoke smell was almost completely gone. She also did not charge me for the first night. I come to town twice a year for a dog show and will absolutely stay there again, but I will make my reservation directly with Connie. She deserves a raise because if not for her, Red Roof would have lost my business for good!! She took a dismal situation and turned it around! Kudos to Connie!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us started out rough. We are a 100% smoke free Red Roof Inn. I am glad you gave us the opportunity to correct the oder issue you experienced. I will share your comments with Connie. We will look forward to your return visits.
New Haven, Ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The Red Roof Inn in Warren exceeded my expectations. The rooms were very clean and newly renovated. The bathroom was spotless, with extra towels and good quality soap. We received a voucher for breakfast at Dunkin Donuts, which was conveniently located. The room was very affordable and we received an extra discount for booking with hotels.com. Overall, I would strongly recommend Red Roof Inn!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our newly renovated rooms.
Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My friend and I came into town for the Elle Goulding concert and were very pleased with our quick check in at the Red Roof since we were excited to get to our event. The commute to main street with all the shops and restaurants was only about 7 minutes. When we came back after the concert we fully appreciated how nice the room looked and how comfortable the beds were. The bathroom had a full bath, and they even remembered an extra towel for the floor after it gets wet from the shower! The only thing, next time I will remember to bring my own hairdryer, since they did not have any of those extra amenities. I will definitely look for a Red Roof Inn the next time I travel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for writing a review. I am glad that you were comfortable in our brand new Serta pillow top bed and enjoyed your stay with us. We do have hairdryers available upon request in the lobby. We are happy to hear that you will continue to use Red Roof Inns in the future.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Warren, I had just buried my mother, and decided to get away, to find a little peace and quiet for a couple days. I was shockingly surprised to see that the rooms had been renovated it was so perfect. Upon arriving I was greeted by Connie whom no matter what always have a heart warming smile

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our newly renovated rooms.
Carson, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Warren and i can truly say i was very impressed. Upon check in i was greeted by Stephanie the desk clerk on duty. I noticed the new lobby and i asked her were the rooms renovated too. She told me they had just completed their whole renovation and you can tell she was very excited about the new product. She was very helpful and suggested the Crash Landing for dinner, and let me say that was a very good choice. When i returned i finally went up to my room, and when i walked in i was like wow the room was beautiful. Red Roof has always had nice rooms, but this was more like a five star hotel now. I pay attention to detail and this was by far one of the cleanest i have stayed at. I was checking out very early in the morning and in a rush, and had to get directions and make a few copies for a presentation. The desk clerk Connie was bright and cheerful(that early in the morning) and so accommodating and willing to go way beyond the call of duty. She got me what i needed and I told her she was a great help to me. This was a very pleasant experience and i will continue to stay here whenever I'm in the Detroit area.

Room Tip: I found out that rooms that are upstairs are much more quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the newly renovated Warren Red Roof Inn. At Red Roof our goal is to provide superior quality and service to every customer. Your feedback is important to us. I will share your review with the staff. Thank you for choosing the Warren Red Roof Inn for your lodging needs. We look forward to having you as our guest as your travels bring you to this area.

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Warren? Share your experiences!